Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Skeleton Keys) Extreme Prejudice

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

So, the matter of poaching was just a red herring, though that still aught to be a crime heaped up on top of the others these Kindred had committed against the Prince. The news about Baldwin is new to Konrad. He's seen the Haunt in action during his Monomacy. He had heard that he fell in battle against Cotouri but the woman must have used her mind-control abilities to enlist him, or Vinculum as Josephine tells it. She is turning out to be a dangerous Lady indeed.

Konrad speaks. "I'm aware of Brady's activities. Priscus Cordoba explained it somewhat and as most of you are aware we, him, Whip Ale, and me, did some scouting with Hildegarde Bingen to investigate the bunker where Cotouri is hiding out. Since then Whip Ale and I have organized a task force to put down Cotouri and these drones of hers."

"With the Seneschal's and Reeve's permission I'd like to storm the bunker with the aid of Whip Ale, Richard Black, and Gabrielle d'Orleans. Richard and Gabrielle are both willing and able. As I understand, Priscus Cordoba, you've issued a ban on your Clan from engaging Cotouri. Maybe you could make an exception for these two?" He looks to the Daeva Priscus as he asks this. There's a hint of mockery in his tone while revealing this, as if he thought the ban were some sort of joke.

2. Likes West liked this post
    Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    (Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

"I will go." Ashley said to Konrad, as her arms crossed her chest. While Ashley didn't have any drones of her own running around, she wasn't without her own tricks. She was highly resistant towards her family's ability and didn't require eye contact to force her will upon others.

"Hmm..." Ashley's eyes snapped over towards Josephine. "Would you find it more beneficial to draw out whatever information first?" She pursed her lips for a moment, as she let the potential dance around her cousin's head. She knew it could make it easier in finding out the others and almost any Carthian knows the fun in burning down anothers haven during broad daylight.

"Also, we are forbidden by our Law, when it comes to dealing with those Ghouled Law Enforcement officials, that you mentioned. Are we granted the authority?" Ashley figured she would ask.

Ashley tilted her head, as she knew a bit of the situation, as well as a few of the names mentioned. She had been involved in the past. The irony that Peter had killed, whatever that shadows name was, who was also investigating the poaching, was not lost on her. She couldn't help but try to remember if Peter had been Reeve at the time, and if maybe he used Monomancy as a way to keep something covered.

It almost made her wonder if Marco knew something...
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

4. Likes Chrisie, West liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Finally the meeting started, and it wasn't about poaching? As much as she doesn't like being told one thing only to learn it was another, she understood the reason.

As David spoke, it dawned on her how serious this problem was. Was she ready to put her Requim on the line for this Domain? Eyes wander the room as she thinks over the question. Seeing Katya, Konrad and Tomas, she realized she was.

Nodding to Konrad as he spoke, "We were extremely under prepared. Gabrielle had made an excellent point when we spoke, and that was seeing if we could get our hands on any plans of the bunker in the woods. Knowing the layout would help us better achieve our goal." she said.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

PRE

"The efforts of Clan Gangrel are most appreciated, but you misunderstand, Priscus Roth. I am not delegating," Josephine pronounced, her tongue committing violently precise enunciation upon that last word so that she would not be misunderstood again.

"We will all be attacking Cotouri, as one force. Together, our success will be assured. Whip Antinori brings up an excellent point in addition to that, though. Knowledge of the area will also go far to aiding us. Does anyone here believe they might be able to gain access to the bunker's blueprints?"
    A glance was spared around the room.

"I do not believe them to be necessary, but they would assuredly further our cause. The issue, however, is that we are operating upon a timeline which we do not understand. Brady might strike in any manner of ways at any time, thus it is vital that we act quickly to destroy her resources. Thus I will not wait long before going to slay Cotouri.

"And,"
    she continued, "to clear up Miss Cohen's last question, if we are to encounter any ghouled Law Enforcement personnel, they would be walking breaches of the Prince's law. Thus, we would be correcting the crime which the secessionists are guilty of. So do not hesitate to do what is necessary if you see suspicious law enforcement officers deviate even the slightest from the procedure you would expect of such agents of the Kine's law, lest your inaction and fear cause the breach to not only remain, but to widen further."

7. Likes West liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Listening to the details, Twist issued a silent thanks that there were individuals who could lay out information without loosing her in translation. She never thought it would be that difficult a skill to master, but then again... she had been proven wrong about that time and time again.

At Konrad's last words though, her eyebrows shot up and she quickly looked to her Priscus. A ban? For the entire clan? And yet she HAD NOT BEEN INFORMED?!!!

Rage rose within her at his audacity to not inform her, the outright slight to her name and history in the city. Her hand clenched into a fist, and for a moment she indulged in the imagery that her Beast provided everytime she interacted with the man. But then the moment passed, and instead of acting, she let her fingers uncurl, the imagery fade away, and returned her gaze to the one now talking.

He would pay for the insult. But not now.

Now she had to give all her attention to Josephine's speech. Because unfortunately, she was one who lacked the skill she found so rare.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

9. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    J
    Juan Cordoba

"I see you've already spoken to Gabrielle about attempting this possible operation." His eyes narrowing at the Gangrel. "The "ban" as you call it, was to prevent another misadventure to kick the beehive without the right people being informed."

An open hand raised before himself, "Being that is the case, I find it very rude you would attempt to recruit without even speaking to me about it." Juan did not raise his voice in anger. His tone was kept factual. "I had the courtesy to be upfront with you. It is only now that you air such grievances before the gathered Kindred. As is apparently appropriate to point out, you, Priscus Roth have a literal skeleton in your closet."

Yes, he was going there. "As it has been demonstrated with Cody's unfortunate experience, you sir, are the reason I am being excessively cautious. It took great efforts of both myself and the Seneschal to convince you to put down your own Ghoul. Cody who shot a roman candle at Marco Fernandez and yourself. Cody who became Cotouri's Manchurian Candidate." Juan shook his head, "With Baldwin's return, I am assuming that Cotouri has a very deadly minion at her disposal. I am not taking any risks with my Family's Requiems." Lowering his hand, he rolled his shoulders once at a time.

Looking to Alessandra, Ashley then Josephine, "Getting back on track with the conversation, I agree, we need more information about this base. My speculation is that it could be a decommissioned Cold War era bunker. I'm not ruling out the possibility of other construction efforts."

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad lets out a short breath in amusement, returning Juan's gaze. "I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings? This isn't really the time to be whining about stepping on each other's toes. We don't have months to wait for you to make a decision on who you think is up for the challenge. And I don't see how coming to me for help is considered paying me a courtesy. As for my Ghoul's role in all this, why don't you fucking prove it. Oh wait, you can't, and you got in the way of my efforts to find out the truth."

Konrad shrugs, laying it out on the table before turning to Josephine. "If we're looking for bunker blueprints then maybe there's something in the city hall archives. I don't have any contacts in there, but maybe there's something on the web we can dig up. I think Fernandez has got some pull with them, that is if we can get his Priscus's permission to ask for help. In the meantime, I'm going to try and get my hands on some explosives to blow the front door."

Since that's an actual solution to an actual problem. Mutherfucker thinks he can embarrass me? Just see him try to sling that mud again.

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya's face remains blank as plans and ideas get tossed back and forth. Even with so many kindred offering their help, one thought fails to escape her mind, what happens if it should fail? Are the kindred who offer their services ash or are they new agents for Cotouri that they must find out for themselves? Cotouri being just one factor, assuming Baldwin did not destroy anybody first.

Tension presents itself when Juan brings up Cody. Her eyes follow Konrad as she knows what the reaction will be before it happens. In an attempt to avoid delaying the discussion with the butting of heads, Katya tries to introject by inquiring about the schematics of the bunker.

"Would such information on this bunker be located in the city library? If it is as old as Priscus Cordoba suggests, perhaps a name or company could be found that might lead to a blueprint of the building."

Her interruption fail as the venomous comments continue. Katya slumps back in her seat as she lets it flow, a hand touching her face as she listens.

Is it possible to have one fucking meeting about this without a dick measuring contest?

Finally her head raises as she says "Yes I'm glad Cody was mentioned, as it raises another concern of mine. " she waits to make sure she has everyone's attention. "Two people who were left behind at this bunker, be it from letting them wander alone, or thought to be dead in an internal fire, came back to this domain to threaten kindred at a later time, verbally or physically."

A look is passed to Josephine, "Not all of us are as skilled of fighters as Cotouri or Baldwin. How should this attack be organized? How will those in this party with lesser skill provide the best of help without unintentionally becoming an anchor to this operation?"

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    (Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley drew in a breath and let out a deep sigh. She was brought here under false pretenses to be nothing but cannon fodder in a plan that held about as much depth as saying, "charge the walls or monomancy!"

Ashley listened to the back and forth, which was typical in any social gathering, as well as some ideas that held potential.

Ashley's body was still, save for a finger tapping on her bicep with agitation. It became still to, as there was a lull in the conversation for her to interject some more. "To expand on my question..."

Ashley's attention fell back on Josephine. "Are we under the same protocol if Law Enforcement is under some other form of influence?" She knew what the answer was, so she continued on without a beat.

"Because they will be missed and there are other ways to deal without making them missed." Ashley shook her head softly.

"I know you would ideally like the plans for the Bunker unless it becomes to much trouble, but the issue is..." Ashley's arms unfolded.

"It is a fucking Bunker, built to withstand who-the-fuck-knows." Ashley shrugged, as there could have been multiple entry points to it or the bitch could have it rigged to explode. "Blast doors?"

"You also said something about," Ashley did the quotey-fingers, as she said "Drones." She glanced around the group. "Why not just make this Bunker inhospitable for life..."

"I don't know...take out the air? Flood it with water? Hell what is that stuff you aren't supposed to mix with bleach?"

Ashley's hand gestured around the room. "I am sure as long as it is something that doesn't flame or explode, you all would be perfectly fine there."

Ashley glanced up the ceiling of the quaint funeral home. "The drones, though..."

"Not so much."

Ashley bit her lip for a moment. "Hell maybe it is as simple as..." She glanced back down to the rest of them. "Making sure we know the access points, and that she goes inside, and then a couple of concrete trucks to do the trick..."
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

14. Likes Chrisie, West liked this post
    Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Holstered gun on his right hip
    Sheathed knife on his left hip

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

What I wouldn't give to watch the sun set and a beer right now. White eyes wash over the arguing and insults. Garrick shifts his weight as he slowly starts to agree with the monster that running away and hiding may have been the right idea. At the very least then death may come by something other than politics.

"I ah, sorry." The first few words come out slowly. "Explosives make holes but also are incredibly loud. And if we're worried about ghouled LEOs that'd be a good reason for them to call in. Even if we do get the blueprints how sure are we that they haven't made new tunnels? If I was going to hide somewhere I'd want at least one fast way out that people don't know about."

"And ah." Garrick lifts his packback a few inches then lowers it again. "I don't know who else has guns but if we are going to shoot at LEOs we need to make sure those bullets can't get traced back to us."

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread