Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(ES1704) A Court without a Crown

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Great roleplay everyone! Keep it up!

A silence descended throughout the restaurant when the challenge was declared, a silence that held as the true Movers and Shakers among the Lost of Sacramento debated and discussed. Dinbrane, whose response to her Queen had been cut off by the sudden and impertinent challenge, gave Mhairi a pointed look before she transfered her gaze to the fresh blooded Ogre, @Cynthia.

"It is my pleasure to serve," the dark winged hand maiden declared, "and so that is why, after I fetch something with spice, I would be most honored to accept a duel on the Dread Queen's behalf. Though, the duel I would accept would not be under a coward's terms. Only those ruled by their own fears would abandon all sense of protocol and tradition, after all, and attempt to issue a challenge that soley favors their strengths. A truly honorable duelist would abide by the terms of the Hedge, where weapons are words and thorns as much as they are steel and bone, and where the Wyrd itself acts as arbiter."

And, Cosette, for her part, also spoke up.

"I would not presume to say whether a duel is fitting, or not, but I find monsieur Lucien's words to be quite wise, as are those madamoiselle Bellanar and monsieur Green. Besides, I would sooner set my tongue to my own knives then I would allow anyone to duel near my restaurant, and so I think that we should remember that there is food and drink, and conversation to be had, rather than blood."

2. Likes Origins, liked this post
    Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green sat on the sidelines as Cynthia's challenge rippled out amongst the gathered Lost. The mountain could understand Morgan being so edgy about it, having been beaten in the Flesh Market's Pit. Lucian, the newly arrived Fairest tried to redirect the flow of conversation; and Cosette made the limits of her hospitality known.

He sighed, loudly.

"Fine. Sit with us. Eat. Its what you are here for, yeah. We can talk."

And then with painful slowness he turned to face the Ogre, ignoring the ominous creak as his seat groaned in protest.

"And when we've talked we'll talk about a Good Neighbours Pact*. I am still Constable of this 'Hold. Consider it an investment so I don't have to keep checking up on you, yeah? Of course... We could always step out into the Hedge away from here and duel it, if you want to test me. We need fighters right now; if you win, you're in 'cause you've earned it. I win, we Pledge. At least until the turn of the season and the Crimson Sovereign appears... If they appear."

Was there a gleam in his gemstone eye when he said this?

*P188 of Changeling Core. It a way of ensuring friendly relations with no major duties on either side.

4. Likes Origins, liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

The Summer Ogress speaks, and Mhairi shakes her head. Disbelieve threading through her being. She knew the Ogre would be stubborn, but she didn't think that a Summer would push this far as to want an oath-bound brawl.

The soft undertones of decaying leaves transform with her temper, sharply plunging from something that simply teased the nose to a pungent scent of death and decaying of a full forest's leaves. The pitter patter of her rain, shifts, changing so it's less of a spattering and more of a shower. Her fell-flames flicker and steam rises from her as the rain meets the motes that manage to escape.

"No." She says, barely hearing what the other Lost had said in response to this-this idiot! "Don't you get it? We are a Freehold without a Sovereign. The Cycles's broke any one of Them could barrel down on us at any fucking moment! We have a fucking Dragon at our doorstep, and the Autumn Queen - me - and the Freehold's Constable - Green - have entered a Pledge that in a year if we don't end that bastard and tear out his tongue and his fuck heart and give them to one of Them. Me and Green are going Back!" Mhairi huffs her moonlit flesh heating with her anger, but instead of turning a true red-orange of fire, it begins to match her fell green fire that escapes her eyes. "I was willing to wait until the evening was drawing to a close, but we are at war. Something I thought Summer understood. But clearly, Summer only favors you for your blood thirst, So you will swear my Pledge of Good Intent or you will leave."
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

6. Likes Origins liked this post
    C
    Cynthia Pike

Everything was spiraling out of control and it was all because Cynthia had opened her stupid fucking mouth. She had been tired from weeks of travel, walking or hitching rides, and when she stumbled across the Sacramento Freehold, she had hoped to find a place to rest her feet for a bit. Instead, she found the place in a state of emergency, told to make a pledge or be counted with the enemy. It wasn't exactly the warm (or at least lukewarm) welcome she had been expecting. Cynthia was a stranger, alone, with no one to trust and so she immediately got defensive in the face of a threat. And things escalated drastically from there the second she let her mouth take over for her brain.

Now there were others asking her to stop, trying to diffuse the situation, or offering to fight on the Queen's behalf and put Cynthia in her place. All Cynthia had done was make enemies. She was no one here, a piece of shit who strode into these people's homes and stirred up trouble for no reason other than to soothe her own bruised ego. The Queen of Autumn had no reason to accept her, had not so subtly suggested she could be a servant of the Gentry, and Cynthia might as well have been for all the trouble she was causing. At the second ultimatum, part of her wanted to turn and walk away. She had royally fucked up her first impression and shown nothing but disrespect to everyone here. No one was going to trust her, pledge or no pledge. All she had proven was that she was unpredictable and unhinged.

But somewhere else inside of the Ogress, another voice told her if she left now nothing would change. She would find somewhere else and continue being an unwanted burden. Cause more problems, more misery, more strife. Maybe they were right. Maybe Cynthia was just a blood thirsty coward. One of the Freehold had immediately assumed her intent was to kill and that said more about Cynthia than anything else. Cynthia was a killer and nothing more.

"I'm sorry," She closed her eyes under the weight of the gathered gaze of the Freehold. Cynthia fell to her knees in front of the Autumn Queen, bowing her head in contrition. She drew in a shaky breath, speaking softly, "Banish me if you want. Treat me as an enemy. I'm a fuck up. I admit it. I'll submit to any punishment you and everyone else here sees fit to give me. I'll take the pledge and bind myself with any other oaths you want. It's no less than I deserve for the disrespect I've shown and the trouble I've caused."

S
    Sasha

Sasha could hardly believe that someone new came in to their Freehold and acted like that. Not that she stereotyped Summers, but it seemed they always wanted to push the limits.

But Green's quick thinking seemed to have saved them for now. Maybe it was Cynthia's change of heart, or that our Freehold was strong with or without Spring's sovereign. For this, she was proud of all of them.

Sasha turned to the newcomer who had just pushed everything asunder, down at Mhairi's feet. She then looked up to the Autumn Sovereign. "You are the one she challenged. You may decide if she'd can to stay. She can take up an Oath with you or I, or the both of us."

"Lucian and Sera are our Spring Courtiers. Perhaps one of them can take the reigns..." **

OOC **

L
    Lucian

Lucian trapped the sigh inside, letting it filter out his nose. No party -- no fight. Fun. No one's even drunk. He knocked back the rest of his drink in one go and used the great case of what is to be done with Cynthia as a chance to slip away for a moment. He'd smile at Cosette when she backed him up, wise was flattering and he did love that. He thought it would warrant the same.

He maneuvered through the crowd toward a particularly overwhelmed server trying to balance two trays of hors d'oeuvres. "Here, I got it." He said as he slipped it from the Lost's hand and onto his own, hoping it would actually come across as aid rather than hoarding. Not that he would wait too long as he swerved through the crowd back to the group.

He'd missed Sasha's call for taking the reigns* and just barreled on towards the party he wished he was at. He came up just finishing one of the crackers topped cheese and diced fruits. As a testament to her abilities, he couldn't quite tell if it was hedge fruit or not. Light and airy, if a spring breeze could melt, this did. "This is crazy good, Cosette. If you want to adopt me, I'll get the papers together in a flash," he gestured to the plate of appetizers and grinned her way.

He slid the tray down onto the table to invite anyone a grab, popcorn style given the circumstances, and remind them of at least the food portion of the night. "Morgan," he said hovering closer to the flame-touched Beast. He might have enjoyed the dramatics, but she had clearly been genuinely upset. "Come try some and tell me a few terms I should have on lock." He didn't know about her current taste troubles and thought maybe the food would take her mind back to happier things, adding a soft smile, or as soft as his face could manage.

*OOC:

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

When Mhairi went imperious and shot down the challenge completely, Morgan calmed. When Cynthia back down, she let out a sigh of relief, "Good, no violence tis good. Nary as bad as past courtiers were, heh, that tis good." They'd had quite a few members that would've come to blows quite easily. The old Summer even had cage matches on occasion if she recalled right. "Heh recollect heh how I pissed off all four sovereigns whence I first arrived, heh-heh...huh?" And then Lucien was offering food. Morgan's fire had dimmed down to almost nothing, the veins barely visible and only little embers inside her pupils whilst she'd been panicked about a duel. When Lucien popped over, her Fireheart nature came back like someone had turned a dial up, because the glow was back to full strength.

"Uh...sure Lucien," she turned back to Mhairi, giving her Queen some space, "Uh, Imma gonna socialize with the joyful noob about club speak. Seems less tense by much. If ye need aught or wanna talk Mhairi, or if ye hath troubles I'll be right there. Instantly. Wave, shout, and I'll be beside ye fast. Or certainly in range too if needed," yes, she still had knives on her. Next she spoke very loudly: "And thank ye all heh who art here! Tis grand to avoid voilence amongst friends and future friends that might join our community! Ye hath mine gratitude."

She then joined Lucien at the table.

Morgan did try one of the cheese appetizers, "Hmm...little spicy. " She coughed to clear her throat, "Well I can tell ye that norman or norma tis heh a term for normal folks, not Lost. And club tis the heh 'hold. So club members are vowed, officers art, well, officers, and club speak tis our slang for our slang," she paused in thought, "That sounded better in mine heh head. Tis mostly so we can speak on club business, erm, about changeling business around normans, heh, that tis normal people without a worry for exposure." she tilted her head in curiosity as she wondered what terms Lucien was looking for in particular. No harm in asking: "Art there any part of our changeling lexicon, oh that twas the right word, wait sorry tangent, heh. Meant to ask if ye art curious of any specific phrases we hath club speak versions of...so, uh, do ye?"

11. Likes liked this post
    A
    Alexander Brown

All of this drama caused Alexander to forget that he had barely touched the wine. No real loss, it will come in handy in a moment - the situation is defused for now, but his fellow Courtier is still on her knees and it's bound to leave some sour taste in everyone's mouth. Thank God for Lucian, the adorable Spring bastard, with his casual attitude, but as he left with Morgan for some language lessons it was probably on Alexander to turn this around, as a Summer and as a new arrival.

"I appeal to your understanding, Queen of Autumn, for she clearly fell under the pressure of the road, rather than her own foulness. So to show that what many see as opposite Seasons can and should work together to form a cycle, I vow to you, L'aire, the Queen of Winter, any help you may desire from me for your endeavors, and that no insult, injury or risk of death shall stop me from making good on this promise until a year and a day had passed. May my talents be yours, and may yours be mine, so that we can protect the people we both hold dear."

He looks for any signs of approval on the Monarchs' faces, and as for the Ogress...

"These sandwiches look delicious, what do you say we bring some over here together?"
    A few words away from the party are apparently needed. As in: very much.

Vow of Good Intent

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green's mouth opens as the Ogre backs down - dramatically so.

"Um. Yeah. Okay. Uh... Sit with me and eat something. We can talk."

He gestured to the table he sat at; turning his attention to the menu.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

(Sealing a Pledge)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Maybe it was the way Mhairi wasn't backing down, or maybe it was the desperation igniting within her fiery gaze, but the Ogress backs down. In an extreme way.

Mhairi blinks.

But she nods, gotta roll with the punches...
    ...or an ogre on their knees.

"Your punishment, is that you're going to take some yoga, and some meditation. You need to learn to calm down. I understand Wrath and all. But there is a time and place. And you'll swear the Pledge of Good Intent. To me. Right now.

"For a Season. Until Springs fragrant flowers, are smothered under Summer's brutal heat, I swear to protect you Cynthia Pike* Ogress of Summer, with the keen edge of my blade...as long as you do not betray those within the Freehold of Sacramento. By word or deed. You will fight for us, and not against us."

Mhairi's will comes to bare, she's already invoked the Wyrd, the weight of it can be felt as it waits...for a response.

Pledge and OOC
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread