Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Club Can't Handle (Our Singing)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"I think Arthur may be scared."

Classic hand aside and stage whisper? That's a hint, yo.

The hand fell, and bluish eyes regarded Avis below the tousled mop.

"You know that's, like, totally magician sniping? Because now I've got,"
    a finger twirled next to an ear hidden by hair, "Disappearing, ummmm, limbs, tricks going through my head."

Speaking of disappearing? Everyone leaving were probably going to feel silly when the waitress popped in.

"Hey! Eric! Get me a water! Like, fizzy. But don't let them just spray up some fountain soda. Please."

Those bar nozzles? Gross.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes Kelreth liked this post

Emrys

PRE

Emrys shifted awkwardly at the answer to his question, and the exodus that followed. He wasn't leaving the group just for a drink, even if Avis's rebuke made him want one more. He'd wait for a waitress or go when if he absolutely needed one, but for now it was karaoke time.

While he waited for Arthur the Enchanter pulled out his phone. It wasn't until he had to find something to sing in front of people that he realized how much of his music library boiled down to 'fuck you' or 'fuck The Man', which put a few things into perspective but did little to help him find a song he could comfortably sing. There was definitely something somehwere, but for now he shut off the phone and gave his attention to Arthur. Maybe they had a closet rock star among the Theurgists, or maybe Emrys's singing wouldn't be the low point of the night.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Well...snooze you lose," Avis declared, popping up from the couch. She strode towards the microphone and the arcane music machine it was attached to, and quickly began hunting through the weird touch pad display to find her song. It wasn't the most well known song that the artist she'd picked had ever done, but it was too damn good not to be on the list.

Thankfully, she wasn't wrong.

It was a bad ass song. One that demanded all that she could give it. More than she could give it. Now anyways, because she was the Supernal, and it was time for the Supernal to Rock! Her Mind reached out, beyond herself, to the temple of knowledge, the Akashic record, that hallowed vault which taught her tongue the taste of music. Then she hit play, stepped to the mic, and waited for her cue.

A burst of thick, chugging rhythm guitar began to echo from the speakers, followed by the wail of the lead, and then Avis was singing into the mic, an echoing note which was cut off by the crash of a symbol. Then, "My one and only shining Star said, you stick we me and I'll take you far..."

And she was off, feeling as though the words were burning up out of her chest and rushing into the microphone. It wasn't an amazing performance, but she definitely felt like she was acting tough, with looks that kill nonetheless. It was fuckin' awesome. For her at least. And by the time she was finished, a broad smile was stuck on her face as she loped back to collapse onto the couch.

+3 to expression with gain skill. 1 success to sing Joan Jett
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-08-31 02:05:04 Avis rolls 5 to belt out some joan jett (pres1+exp4) (10 Again) 3, 6, 5, 4, 8 1 success
    2015-08-31 02:02:41 Avis rolls 7 to sing with fire! (gain skill: gnos3+mind4) (10 Again) 10, 3, 1, 10, 5, 3, 8, 7, 2 3 successes
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

5. Likes West liked this post

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ha hell ya man. I've never done this sober." And there's no time to get one now. Star went right for the throat. It was pretty smooth.

"Nice Avis" Arthur says as he claps when Avis steps off the stage. Guess Arrow's aren't all dour..maybe? Maybe Avis doing something other than seemingly gloomy or scary is why.

The Theurgist stands and makes his way to the stage. "Soo...more old school? I think so." Cycling through the songs Arthur finds his and grins as he pushes play. Cymbals sound off as the song begins. Head banging Arthur wraps both hands around the mic.

"If you're havin' trouble with the high school head" If Arthur had long hair, it'd be whipping around.

"Done dirt cheap, ahhhhh " Finishing the song Arthur grins with adrenaline. Placing the mic back in its proper place the Theurgist heads back to his spot on the couch. Definitely time for a drink.
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

7. Likes InvertedMonkey, West, Cayce liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

How many drinks must a man have before he can sing? One. Two. Three. Three drinks, ah ah ah. The Count's got nothing on July. He put his money down, got himself a water to keep his head, then headed back in the room to wait his turn. He walked in just as Arthur was finishing his straight laced rendition of AC/DC.

A small grin slide across July's face. Clearly the scotch was having its intended side effect. "A rock fan I see. Nice. I'm still working out what song I'll sing." He rolled his head around on his neck, making himself a little dizzy before slouching down in a chair. "So," he said, pausing just a moment to keep his train of thought, "it's Emrys' turn right?"

E
    Ermac

A shot of vodka and tequila mixed together would certainly give any number of people shivers of disgust. Ermac enjoyed it regardless of others' opinions. Liquid courage helped a bit.

Following behind July, he caught the tail end of Arthur's performance. "Didn't expect that one. Nice job, man."

Looking to Emrys, "If we're still in alphabetical order, I believe so."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Yeah, that was badass, Arthur, I loved it," Avis cheered, though she flashed a distinctly snake like smile his way. "I mean, there's all kinds of dirty deeds we need done back at home. Dishes, garbage, bathroom cleaning. It's all yours, if you get that excited about it."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

11. Likes West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Arthur sang?

Right.

Earth to Major Tom. Somewhere behind the goofy grin, someone was lost in a montage of memories overlaid with a soundtrack that had just ended and become another memory. That was the night...

Let it go, let it go.

Sometime, all you need is a memory. And maybe a song.

A snicker started, and then slowly burbled into laughter.

"Solid, man." Fist bump for Arthur. "Solid."

Hand squeeze for We.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

13. Likes Cayce liked this post

Emrys

PRE

The Enchanter smiled at the song selection and their respective singers. Rock was his genre of choice and hearing other people sing it reminded him of songs that weren't all about telling people to fuck off. Finally it was his turn and at July's prompt he popped up from his seat and headed to the stage.

"Nice songs guys." He said to his predecessors as he looked for one of his own. It only took a second to look, he knew what song he wanted and a tiny smirk peaked when he found it. Two notes from a guitar everyone knew teased the ears before a keyboard and Sambora's talkbox confirmed the obvious.

"This ain't a song for the broken hearted." The smirk bloomed to a smile. it was clear he wasn't a singer, almost as clear as the fact that fallen shit like 'talent' or 'skill' would never deter him from doing what he wanted. He chose the song, and like so many other things he'd do it His Way!

"Better stand tall when they're calling you out! Don't bend don't break baby don't back down!" Words he lived by, for better or worse...

Emrys continued through his song proud of his decision and anything it might say about him. As it finally began to draw to an end he replaced the mike as spoke those final undeniable words. "...Cause It's. My. Life." And with those words he departed from the stage, a big fat grin on his face to match the adrenaline in his system.

The Lorekeeper fell back into his seat and looked to Ermac. "Next."

Fail to sing and it doesn't matter! Ha!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-02 22:34:51 Emrys rolls 1 to "sing" (Presence 1-Untrained) (10 Again, Chance) 5 failure

E
    Ermac

Emrys definitely wasn't Bon Jovi. "Good try," was the best he could offer.

His attempt to Rock and Roll all Night, wasn't off to a good start. As the words on the screen lit up, his timing was off. "I wanna rock and roll all nite and party every day!" was about the best Ermac could accomplish. His voice fumbled as the rest of the song went on.

Self-consciousness nagged at him despite the fact the evening was meant to be fun. I need more practice...

He tried for a graceful exit forcing a grin on his face. "Mulligan Round." The Obrimos returned to his seat.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-09-03 06:33:40 Ermac rolls 3 to Sing (Presence + Expression) (10 Again) 4, 1, 3 failure

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread