Ended
Watch

Carthian Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

NOS
    PRE

Michael listens to Lenny and then Wyatt speak and he thinks Mr. Pope is right and by that logic it IS my problem.

When Thomas finishes Michael says "In regards to the homeless issue, i was planning on approaching Dirge with this plan being that she has been involved with it. She actually went into the heart of the homeless area from what I saw as she was led by a homeless person there. I was unable to follow her there but heard she did pick up some interesting intel. It seems that some of us have an ambivalence towards involving ourselves with the homeless and suffering the backlash from those already involved. I will be meeting with the Haunts soon and from what I gather there I will share with you and then there we can better decide whether involving our efforts with the homeless is more of a burden or benefit." He turns to Thomas and says "In regards to approaching the Regent, I would caution you to remember that despite him offering us feeding rights he is still not a Carthian and when I spoke with him at Court he seemed somewhat....reserved. I think the mentioning of a large number of us offering our help may be a bit unsettling for him, not that he has an aversion to us but he may fear that it will bring too much attention."

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara looks over at Lenny with a bemused smile. For someone who so easily rejected the idea of being a leader, he certainly seemed comfortable issuing orders on what would and would not be done by the others.* Strange, Mr Pope, I wouldn't think you the type to abdicate anything to the Invictus, least of all control... *She lets him chew over the double meaning of her words while she turns back to the others.*

However, Mr Rodriguez has hit the nail on the head: Working in the Barrens is the longest of long term goals; something for the coming years if not decades. But it is a goal to be mindful of; who knows how the city will change and evolve over time. And of any of the Kindred, the Movement should be the one most able to capitalize on change and evolution.

*She then terns to face Thomas, taking a moment to compose her thoughts before continuing. He gave a good speech; but it was the same populist dogma she had heard come and go since she had heard Marx give his oratory on the Repeal of the Corn Laws all those nights ago in Brussels. It was good for rallying the troops, but it was hollow hopes. And more than that, it was just plain wrong for the dark world the Kindred existed in.* Mr O'Connor, as much as I hate to put the breaks on your train of thought, there are several points I think you are forgetting.

As Mr Hall pointed out, the Regent is no Carthian; else he would be here tonight. That he granted us rights within his domain is admirable; but even a potion of our number descending on the man en mass may cause him to rethink his generosity. It would also give the appearance that we are trying to fortify a portion of the city for ourselves, a very unsettling prospect for the more paranoid elders within the city. We might quite rapidly go from unnoticed to the top of the hit list.

And while the talk of throwing off the yoke of the elders and forming a sort of Carthian Free State is all quiet elegant, I would remind you until the Movement is the dominant political force in the city we need those same elders. Which takes us back to the original idea of focusing our attention on consolidation of influence in the mortal world.

*Ciara forces herself to stop, recognizing the signs of a filibuster in her own speech just as well as someone else's. She leans back in the over-stuffed chair, closing her eyes to try and clear her head before speaking again.* I believe we are beginning to talk in circles. We've set up some very good short and long term goals; very, very long term as the case may be. Ms Vega, I think we can all agree your idea of a group is something worth perusing; if only for an outlet for the Movement's designs. I'll get to work on a traditional performance setting, I think it will give us a more private and respectable place for meetings and events.

As for the Homeless, I believe the point has been made about discretion being the better part of valor. Those that wish to aid the authorities in whatever course they choose to pursue are of course free to do so. I would simply caution you to let them make the strategy; that way if anything does go wrong there is the defense you were only following orders. Let's not allow our eagerness to prove ourselves within the city cause a call for a new hunting season...

*She pauses for a moment to let her words sink in, looking to each of the other Members in turn.* Is there anything else I am missing; or does this seem like a good point to break for the evening? I don't think anyone is prepared to offer formal arguments for organizational appointments?
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

3. Likes West liked this post

Leonard "Lenny" Pope

PRE

A simple nod at Michael, and a genuine smile for Ciara were the extent of Lenny's replies.

For the first, it sounded as if he knew how to temper his actions with prudence, and had already made inroads. Whether he chose to wield that burgeoning influence for his own benefit or to the Covenant's remained to be seen. Of course, he would hedge his bets and do both, but whichever he chose to do overtly would say much. After listening to the neonates... well, there was a reason Lenny himself hadn't taken committed to anything.

For the second, it was simply a matter of amusement. The woman was entertaining, to say the least, and he hoped he was present if...

He looked around at the others, letting his silence be assent to the Prefect pro-tem's call for closure.
    Leonard "Lenny" Pope
    Ob 2 mask of tranquility
    presence 4 "casual confidence"
    Vitae 4

PRE

Thomas listened as the Michael spoke and took his words in stride, at least there was a constructive counterpoint to his idea and a road block to be overcome. The Mekhet then listened as Ciara spoke and he began to wonder if his positive first impression of her had been wrong. She's too close to the Prince and the Court to be Prefect, she's an asset because of her position but she becomes a major target as both Keeper and Prefect, not mention that being Prefect and a member of Court are positions that tend to clash. Pope..... has shown nothing and I don't think he actually gives a damn about the rest of us. I actually tried to do something for the good of ALL of us and it got shut down, nice to see what kind of loyalty the movement has towards each other.

"This is as good a place as any to end for the evening. I do agree that we should put off the election of officials until the next meeting, where I believe that all positions should be opened to a vote."

PRE

"Yes, maybe by the next meeting I'll have finished terraforming The Barrens with hot dog stands," Argent said, stretching. Undead he might be, but boring was boring, even if you couldn't nod off. Silly neonates.

"Call if you need me,"
    he offered to Michael, referring to the homeless. There was a certain camaraderie that formed between those that fought together...

...even if Ciara didn't want to admit it.

Dike.

"Who is putting themselves forward for each position? Might help to just clarify. Gives us all something to think about until then."
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

Leonard "Lenny" Pope

PRE

Lenny looked around unsure if he were suprised or not surprised at the lack of interest.

<< For OOC too only 3 posts in the 2 days since I posted last what's going on? >>
    Leonard "Lenny" Pope
    Ob 2 mask of tranquility
    presence 4 "casual confidence"
    Vitae 4

NOS
    PRE

Michael nods to Argent, a bit surprised at the offer to help as prior to the meeting they hadn't really spoken too many words with each other. But then again, he wouldn't turn it down. If the Haunts agree with my plan then they don't need to exactly know how I carry it out or with whom.

Turning to Ciara he shakes his head "I have no other business to bring up at the moment Keeper. However in ansewr to Mr. Stafford's question it would appear at least for now that tentatively Miss. Maskelyn is nominated for position of Prefect or am I mistaken?" he asks turning to the others.

Amos listened to what the others have to say. It seemed clear in his mind that maybe it would be better if he just tried to work on some of the problems with one or two of the other kindred instead of trying to achieve a consensus here ... which seemed very unlikely, vampire being what they are.

Then came the question of the prefect nomination.

" Well, we haven't really decided yet for the moment, though it seems a good idea to me to nominate Senorita Maskelyne for prefect. She already has the respect of many other vampires in the city, so that makes sense. Senor Pope could also fit the bill because of his recent victory in venery.

Other than that, I have no other point to raise for the moment."

Whats the point of this... the person I have voted for has not nominated himself... Ciara is my second choice.... seems were just wasting time by waiting a full month.

"Well if Miss Maskelyne is the ONLY candidate then we should not waste any time and vote. Seeing as there are only two options. Vote for Miss Maskelyne or abstain from voting... either way shes going to get one vote at least. It just seems that waiting a month to vote for the only candidate is just wasting time. Give Ciarra a head start so she can start to formulate plans ready for the next meeting.... However if there was a second candidate we would have more choice and have to wait until next month to vote. Anyone care to put themselves foward?"
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread