Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Darts, Beer, and Deep Fried Cheese

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    E
    Eris

Damascus watched the exchange between Gyges and Zodiac with mounting disdain, releasing a long, drawn-out sigh.

Well, Truce is living up to his name, but it seems Sensei was right; the Orders are full of posturing and politics. Maybe I should have stayed in the damn cabin after all...

“Truce, you want to hit them up together? We may each think of questions the other might overlook and it will save the representatives going over everything twice.”

Yup, that's me, model of efficiency; now to throw a spanner in the works.

She turned to regard the Herald with growing concern.“I’ve met with Avis, and with Asp.” Her frown deepened as she worked through what she wanted to say in as diplomatic a way as she could manage. “Neither struck me as the sort to derelict their duty to representing the interests of those of their path, or to the protection of a member of the Consilium just because a friend asked them to. I could be wrong but either way I’m not sure they would appreciate you undermining their integrity in the eyes of those who haven’t had a chance to properly gauge their character; or by extension the integrity of your Cabal, the Council, the Sentinels, and the Arrow as a whole.” The Shaman’s eyes flicked to Nous when she mentioned the Council then followed on to Gyges and Truce before she continued.

“I’m sure there are both benefits and drawbacks to joining an Order, as there are to just about anything under the sun. But if you’re trying to sell someone on their concerns of misuse of authority being unfounded, and on the benefits of being a part of something larger than themselves, then issuing empty threats or admitting your involvement in political corruption doesn’t strike me as the best way to drive the point home. ”

Okay, let's give her a minute and see if she realizes just how poor a light she's casting herself and her friends in.

J

"Both the Sentinel and Councilor will not hesitate to protect the city and the people who are fully invested in it."

There's an emphasis on being fully invested. An emphasis that implies that Damascus does not fit that category right now. An emphasis that suggests that the Councilor might just agree with Zodiac in this. It really shouldn't be a surprise. The people who invest their time into repairing a broken system-one that's pulled back from the brink of downright anarchy-might be interested in protecting that newly repaired system.

"Perhaps you should mind your manners when someone is taking the time to give you the lay of the land. You come to this city, without references, without stability, and with little to offer but your presence and then pull out some sort of offended pretense? Did you awake yesterday? She's not suggesting that they'll do anything contrary to the rules of the land, but she is suggesting that people in power are there because they've earned it, and put in the time to make our city a better place. They can also make lives more difficult for those individuals who insist upon thinking their opinion is more important than that of everyone else's."

She's flabergasted. Rookies. They get soooo offended, but don't really give anyone established the respect that has been earned, but expect to be respected in return. It looks like the burgeoning Libertine population is destined to have one more. At least she'll be in good company when it comes to running her mouth, what with Falstaff and Hope doing the same.

"Truce, I can set something up with Pepper for you, but I'll remind you that the company we keep reflects on who we are."

She's not looking at Gyges, who seems capable of having this discussion out himself with his obvious path mate, but rather at Damascus. Thyrsus can be as passionate as they want, but the moment they allow their passion to be in charge is the minute they become a security risk.
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

3. Likes Teeramus, Djinn, West liked this post

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

Gyges gives Truce room to live up to his name. "I insinuate nothing. I'm flat out stating that I believe the Herald to be a fool. She has yet to convince me otherwise, at least."

"I see now where our miscommunication is." He leans forward slightly. "I don't think my words will be stifled at all. If the Hierarch himself walked through those doors right now," he gestures to the room's closed doors, "and he was acting like a fool, I would tell him. If he tried to order me about like he thought he was some kind of King or Prince? I would call him out to his face and offer to get him some lube so he could ease the gigantic metal rod out of his ass. I'll do the same for anyone in the Consilium, from Herald to Deacon to Epopt to Curator to Councilor down to the greenest Apprentice you can find."

His eyes narrow while his face takes on as serious of an expression as he can muster. "If you think that I'm impressed for one moment that you rub elbows with important people, think again. I don't care who you know or what authority you try and claim over me because you're someone's mouthpiece. I'm not going to climb the mountain that Orders represent when there's people like you in them because I can see that it's a fruitless task. I've already spoken with the necessary authorities and agreed to live under the Aegis of the Lex. If you want to play the sanctimonious gatekeeper offended by the dirty Apostate who won't kow tow to the arm wedged up your ass properly, feel free and bring me up on some charge that merits Banishment."

Gyges sits back, he smiles. "Otherwise Herald, let me know what kind of lube you prefer."

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

A brow raised for a moment, and a light nod was directed to Nous, before she rolled her eyes with a sigh, and a small smile that might've read of amusement. Long-suffering amusement. Oh Hellion... This does seem remarkably familiar, doesn't it?

"Let's be clear then. You care not for any of the following: the positions that have been earned through skill, the knowledge that has been learned through practice, the esteem that has been granted through triumph, the noteriety that has been granted through battle, the pedestals that have been earned through suffering, the reputation that has been earned through drastic change..." she listed absently. "Why, you're a right anarch, aren't you?" Her gaze turned to Nous as she looked almost innocent and childlike for a moment, "why, I don't think he cares about the notions of Mastery, either. He views himself, it would seem, as more educated than the rest of us. Does he even know how to adhere to rules, I wonder? Or perhaps we've another Striker on our hands...?"

A sidelong glance was cast back at Gyges, "After all, this sounds very much as though you are, in fact, an infiltrator of the Throne. And not a terribly good one at that." Resting back against the bar herself, she settled in comfortably, raising a brow at him. "Besides, you've no place in the Order I'm in, quite clearly. You lack a great number of things... humility, for one. Acknowledgement of any being's position in a society, for another. The idea of responsibility, atop that..."

If ever there was a time she wished for the accessibility of a 'secret code' this would be it. Instead, she simply gave a bored expression to her phone as she flipped it open. "And manners, quite entirely. Anyone with a lick of sense knows that asking about lubricant is quite a private affair." A dare? Perhaps. "The reason you will never rise to status is because of many of those things you lack. If you want to play lone-wolf, this isn't the city to do it in. I don't care whether you're an Apostate or a Guardian of the Veil. Your attitude is what I'm judging, not your path, order or anything in between."

Snapping her phone shut, her attention turned to Truce, a much kinder smile settled on her face. "I've sent a message to Provost Pepper to help set you up to speak with a member of the Silver Ladder. I assure you that in her company you will find manners, respect and a woman who works very hard in this Consillium to its benefit. She knows well how to work with others, and what it's like to be lost and uncertain of what order may best suit a person. Those things have allowed her to come a very long way in the city of Sacramento in a very short time."

6. Likes Lesingnon, Jhet, Teeramus liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

()Question Spent
    PRE

Truce plants his fist soundly on the tabletop before standing, his chair screeching loudly against the floor and nearly toppling over as he does so.

"That's enough, Gyges!" says Truce sternly, foregoing any use of informal names. "Have you never heard of Hubris, of the dangers of pride? The Herald may have the peace of mind to overlook your arrogant behavior, but I will not. Before you think to abandon all civility I hope you at least have the decency to rethink the consequences of your blatant insults. We were invited here in good faith and asked nothing more than how we might be better acquainted. Did you come here at all if only to spit in the their faces? Are you so hungry for chaos and conflict that you need cause it wherever you go? All for some personal vendetta with the concept of authority? I trust you have authority over your own tongue. You had best keep it in check if you wish to have my trust or support in anything!"

It doesn't make any sense to Truce, this man's vile behavior. How infuriating that Gyges embarrass him like that. That they all sat without batting an eye at this gross misconduct. Truce doesn't know anything about this Striker or the validity of the Herald's suspicions, but he does know when someone is being rude without good reason.

Turning to the rest of them Truce sighs deeply. "I apologize for my outburst, ladies. I don't think I'm in much of a mood for further conversation. I hope you'll excuse me. Thank you for your invitation."

Truce doesn't leave immediately however, standing and looking to Gyges to see if the man has anything to say to him before he goes.

Bluster, 2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-16 00:05:00 Truce rolls 4 to throw a tantrum/bluster at Gyges [MAN+Int] (10 Again) 7, 9, 3, 9 2 successes

8. Likes Teeramus, RebornSeas liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Truce's roll has 1 success as Presence+Intimidation is the appropriate roll for that sort of intimidation. Benji - Res+Comp to resist.

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

"Maybe you should talk to the Herald that accused me of being a shitty seer anarchist without any evidence about Hubris, Truce." Not to mention the fact that she seemed to be engrossed in her phone now. "I went through hell to Awaken," he asserts with confidence in the face of Truce's bluster, "and I am not going to let anyone tell me what I can and cannot do with what I've earned. If you won't respect that, then at least get a better argument before you talk to me about that coward's word."

Resistance 3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-16 00:33:35 Gyges rolls 8 to Resolve + Composure (10 Again) 6, 7, 8, 9, 2, 7, 4, 9 3 successes

E
    Eris

Damascus followed Gyges diatribe, first with shock, then with a sense of surprised amusement to be followed by a measure of respect.

I'm not sure I could have put it quite like that, but at least he owns what he says and doesn't try to wriggle out from beneath the consequences of his actions.

Though rattlesnakes had taken up residence in her stomach, the Shaman responded to the Councilor with the same calm and earnest tone which characterized her previous statement.

“Councilor, I was raised to believe that honesty and integrity were the measure of an individual."

Yeah, along with keeping my fucking mouth shut and doing what I was told, see how well I absorbed those lessons...

“By her own words the Herald has renounced one, or both; either her integrity by threatening to abuse her political weight to silence those who would dare voice an opinion which differs from her own, which is not only the thing you yourself have just railed against but smacks greatly of hubris. Or her honesty, if her threat was a falsehood.”

“I doubt that it escaped anyone’s notice, apart perhaps from your own, that in your defense of the Herald’s conduct you condemned the very actions she has taken here tonight, whilst attempting to shift any blame to the Apostates’ present for whom you claim to offer assistance. Do you see how the hypocrisy of your actions might cause someone to doubt the value of your own word?”

“Let me show you the courtesy of honesty, since it seems a concept that you struggle to separate from offended pretence. I will do what I can for this Consilium and this city. If you have a suggestion for how I might better contribute to that goal, then I would gladly hear it. However, understand that I will not succumb to transparent attempts to guilt trip me for speaking a truth which you find inconvenient. You say that respect is earned, well if your pride will permit it then I would ask that you think on whether this is truly how you would win ours."

Eyeing the now standing Moros the Shaman rose too before addressing both Consilium officials as she made ready to depart.

“If I am to be judged by the company I keep rather than my words and deeds, then perhaps I should avoid you both until the quality of yours improves.”

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

Declaring Social Combat.

Intention: I want the Gyges-Damascus to show respect to titled members of the Consilium. To persuade the Apostates in question of the importance of social standing in the consilium, and thus why they ought to be showing more respect - especially to those who have invested time into trying to assist them.

Dominance 11

dom 11
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-16 02:09:19 Zodiac rolls 1 to Dominance + 4 (10 Again) 7 failure

Gyges
    Gyges

PRE

Intention: Gyges wants to express he is not to be cowed. Zodiac is behaving inappropriately and Gyges' behavior is an appropriate response because of this.
    Dominance 9

Casitive - Djinn has pointed out that she has a First Impressions effect due to her legacy. How is Gyges' resistance roll and Mental Shield handed in this case? Do I get a roll to notice the mental manipulation?

Dom 9
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-16 02:17:55 Gyges rolls 1 to Dominance +4 (10 Again) 5 failure

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread