DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Zack Griffiths
    Invictus Gangrel

Blood Potency 1
    Aspect of the Predator
    Presence 2
    (quietly stares, speaks calmly)

Zach stares at the Elder's first suggestion, realizes it is solid gold, and makes a mental note. The kind of mental note that never goes away. At least for Zach. Forming a corporation from contributing members, yes. What a brilliant idea. Mr. Black, I could kiss you!

The Elder's first question was easy. Zach turned the pages back in the plans, revealing the middle and street levels of the building for a few seconds each.

"Here in the middle of the building, we have a great deal of commercial space. One thing that I had in mind for each of our investors, or at least those who wanted it, was an amount of commercial space within the building. Myself, I have several business ideas already, so I will be reserving space for two of my ideas within the middle floors of the office part of the tower." said Zach, pointing to two of the spaces on a floor near the middle of the tower."

Zach turned the pages a few more times, giving a quick look at each of the levels of the tower. It was apparent that there was a lot of commercial space available. Once they got to the three levels above street, Zach stopped turning.

"Here at the bottom of the tower, space for a modern shopping mall has been set aside. We have room for department stores, two banks, a food court, some modern entertainments like arcades and a roller coaster, numerous smaller specialty shops, and space for a few other front businesses should any member of the corporation suggest something we do not already have yet. These all provide easy access to things like modern clothing and amenities, provide a ridiculously large draw for Kine to feed on (with discretion of course), and reasons to buy large amounts of things in bulk, as well as an excuse to buy some unusual things."

Zach turned his head back to his elder for a moment, before laughing and saying "Do you want a vault door as the entrance to your haven? We could 'accidentally' place several orders, use two for actual banks, and then say 'a number of our investors expressed interest in our little mistake, and wanted to keep the doors for themselves, so they were sold to individual members. Don't have to tell me now, sir, just letting you know that it will be an option made available by the nature of the building."

Zach returned his attention to the plans. "These smaller stores will generate raw profit as well, giving each of the corporation members a large amount of liquid capital to use as they see fit, perhaps on their commercial space above, perhaps on their havens above, perhaps on something offsite. What each of the members does with their share of the profits is not the business of the whole corporation, of course."

Zach pondered his elder's final question for a moment.

"Even with just one investor, it could be done. It would just take a long time, about 20 years, to save up the kind of liquid capital that would be needed. If we have a group of 10 to 15 investors, each giving reasonable amounts, say, 2.5 million dollars a month, we could have the capital ready in a year or two. Naturally, the more members we add to the corporation, the faster we could accumulate this. You know as well as I that our special covenant training would enable the Invictus-sworn to contribute most of the money needed, but that is no reason to exclude members from elsewhere."

Zach paused once more to hear his elder's critique. This was good, Mr. Black had great insight. Zach was excited with the growing possibilities, and the refinement from each meeting was going to mean that completion of the project got more and more likely.

OOC Mechanics
    Zach Griffiths Invictus Gangrel
    BP 1 Presence 2 (quiet and calm)
    [Center]"Zachary speaking" [I][COLOR="#009900"]Zachary thinking[????????
    Destiny has two ways of crushing us - by refusing our wishes, and by fulfilling them. - Henri Frederic Amiel

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

BP3 /Striking looks 2 (handsome)
    Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles leans back in his chair with is fingers pressed against his lips as if in thought, nodding his head along as Zach spoke, he was clearly impressed. When Zach finishes he leans back forward in his chair with an intrigued look in his face, there was something on his mind that needed to be asked to the young blood.

"Mister Griffiths, What are your aspirations in this domain?"

OOC
    Charles Black SL:2 (Handsome) Health: 7 Will:5

Zack Griffiths
    Invictus Gangrel

Blood Potency 1
    Aspect of the Predator
    Presence 2

Well, that was forward. How the hell am I supposed to answer that? He was supposed to ask about the building or the corporation, not me....

Zach's face betrays the stupor that the unexpectedly personal nature of the question brings about. Zach thinks for a moment, realizes that he needs his elder to trust him, and so decides to venture the truth. But he wants something from Mr. Black first.

"Mr. Black, that is a very personal question. When I answer it, I want you to understand that I, in turn for your discretion, counseling, and respect on the matter, will tell you the truth, in it's entirety, about my ambitions, both immediate and in the near future. Will you promise me that you will keep what I tell you from anyone besides us two, as much as you are able, and that if you find it has gotten out, to inform me as soon as possible?"

Mr. Black's answer would determine whether or not Zach even gave him an answer.

OOC
    Destiny has two ways of crushing us - by refusing our wishes, and by fulfilling them. - Henri Frederic Amiel

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles, realizing that he had put the neonate on edge, backs off a little and leans back in his seat again. A friendly smile crosses his face to assure the man that he meant him no harm.

"I assure you Mister Griffiths, anything said between us tonight is purely confidential. I am sure, as a fellow business man, you understand that trust and understanding between partners as well as potential partners are a must, And I for one take that very seriously."

Charles's eyes narrow and focus on Mister Griffiths as if to show how very serious he actually was.

OOC

Zack Griffiths
    Invictus Gangrel

Blood Potency 1
    Aspect of the Predator
    Presence 2

Zach takes a very serious look at the Kindred across the table. Taps his fingers a few times. Sighs.

"Mr. Black. I want you to understand something. I have been a wanderer almost my entire unlife. Whenever problems have arisen in domains before, I have simply left. The few times I have tried to take a high position, I have succeeded, only to have the Domain in which I was in at the time to disintegrate. At first I thought it was circumstance, but when the same thing happens 5 times, you realize that you would rather not risk your neck repeatedly. So when I say that my aspirations are not high, I want you to know that I am telling the truth. I am no traitor to my oaths to Prince Clarke, and do not wish harm to any member of the domain. I am also wedged between my desire to step out of problems, and my beast's need for a nest, a place to mark with my vitae and bend to my will. I have been moving for a long time now, and am ready and prepared to land myself here, and stay for good. I would that you keep these things in mind when I illustrate my ambitions."

"Now that that is out of the way, there are some positions and titles I want."

"Firstly, and most related to this little venture, I will need to be Regent of a tenurial domain. This building, and what it promises, means that I, or whomever ends up in as chief sponsor, will need Regency. Now, in order to minimize the rocking of the boat, I decided to try for a Tenure that is currently unoccupied. Ideally, that would be the Communal Hunting Grounds, since it has the best locations for the Tower. However, this area is a praxis to His Grace, and I do not know how much His Grace enjoys being at the helm of a tenurial domain. Further, it was pointed out to me that we may need to build within or near the Royal Rack, and that makes things trickier, although not impossible. As you can see, having a member of the corporation be the Regent of the Communal Hunting Grounds would make things much simpler."

"Secondly, I wish to be able to explore the powers of my clan and bloodline. I don't know how much you know about Clan Gangrel or it's bloodlines, but this means I would need access to open areas as well as a place to build my nest. If I was unable to become Regent of the Communal area, I might be able to settle for Hound. That way I could use my powers to protect and fortify the tower, or whatever central point it ends up being, turning it into a true fortress. I do not know if any other is a member of my bloodline, but it is rare, so I am reasonably confident that I am the only one that can offer this service to the Domain."

"Third, I would like some titles in the domain, as well as assorted privileges and permissions. Meister of Resources, for one. I have spent my unlife learning how to manage money, and have learned from some of the best. I could train others with the things I know, and enrich the domain. I have not seen a list of the Domain Meisters, so I do not know if there already is one. If there is, I could aim for a different title, they are each acceptable to me. I just want a title in general. On a similar note, I would also like to join a knightly order. My clan and bloodline give me certain advantages in combat, and I could be of great use to protecting domain, covenant, and Prince. If there is no established order, then I could assist in founding one. I have been considered for candidacy before, and am somewhat versed in the daily functioning of Knights. Finally, I wish for permission to have a garden of Mandragora. I believe that there is much to learn about ghouled plants, and wish to explore and experiment, although this would be my chief hobby more than anything. It would be easy enough to do, and my Clan is predisposed to the natural world anyways."

"These goals comprise the vast majority of my goals here in Sacramento. There are others, like having a herd of beautiful women, a haven of my own personal design, my retainer corps rebuilt, etc. that would be mostly inconsequential to the rest of the domain, but the big three are what fill my time now."

"Does this give you a good idea of what my ambitions in this domain are, good sir?"

Once Zach has his elder's response, he turns the direction of the question around, and says "Now that you have a good idea of my ambitions, would you mind telling me something about yourself, good sir? I would like to see at least a little of your designs, although I don't expect you to be as divulgent as I have been."

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles listens again with great interest, it would seem that their goal over all were the same this could be used as to benefit them both.

"Yes Mister Griffiths it does."

he replies to his question, he then falls silent thinking where he should begin for himself.

"I think for me the best way to describe where I come from is this..."

he pauses for a moment as if second guessing what he is about to say.

"I am the the eldest Childe of a Prince back east, I was sent to him to be his apprentice when I was still a boy. He trained me to be a business man in life as well as in death."

He pauses again trying to think of where he was going.

"I am absolutely loyal to the Estate as well as my family. However I am not with out ambition, much like you I do wish to gain Regency, a small plot of land to call my own. I also wish for titles, in the Estate as well as the Domain, but not exactly for the reasons one may expect. You see, I enjoy working, I enjoy the Challenge. I enjoy this little dance our kind has created for itself."

He pauses and leans forward.

"To be rather honest I see a lot of me in you. To put it bluntly, Mister Griffiths I see a lot of potential in you. However..."

He pauses bringing his hand to his chin.

"This puts me in a very interesting situation, The way I see it Mister Griffiths, when you have two kindred who have very similar goals one of two things can happen..."

he raises his index finger.

"The first is, these two kindred become rivals."

He raises his second index finger.

"The second, is they can be allies. You have done very well to make a friend out of me Mister Griffiths and I am impressed, and I am even more impressed by your plans, However there are several issues that must be pointed out, but I will get to them later. Like I said Mister Griffiths I see much potential in you, However there are still somethings you need to learn, and I am willing to teach you those things if you are willing."

He says almost as if he were laying the option out on the middle of the table, an offer to be his Protege, in a way. He was not suggesting forming a House, nor was he going to jump the gun and try to from a Coterie it would be too soon for that he thinks, but he wants to make it clear that he was interested in the Neonate's talents and that they could be of use to each other.

Zack Griffiths
    Invictus Gangrel

Blood Potency 1
    Aspect of the Predator
    Presence 2

Zach can only smile. I have found an Elder that understands how respect works. This is turning out very well.. From the looks of things, Zach would show this elder respect, and the elder would return the favor.

"Mr. Black, I would consider it an honor to be seen as your friend, and if it is to early for that, I would like to be your ally. I certainly don't want a man of your insight set against me. I see that you are much more experienced than I, and I know that I have spent the majority of my requiem without a guide. If you would have a young, unrefined Kindred such as myself as your ally, I would be most grateful."

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles nods, glad to see that the Neonate had accepted his offer. He then claps his hands together.

"Very good, now back to our business, as I had said before their are several issues with your plan that must be addressed. The first you must understand is, big projects, like this, are not just buildings or businesses they are symbols, and the project that you have proposed is a very strong message indeed, one that may anger and threaten many kindred. You claim to not have high aspiration but your project says other wise, and to any kindred you speak of this to they will instantly get that impression, no matter how hard you try to explain. In other words Mister Griffith's, for now, small is your friend."

He pauses letting the words sink into the neonate's head, His voice becoming more like a mentor and a teacher than a business man.

"It would be unwise to go around asking kindred about their support for this project when you are still so new to the domain. Instead take time to help the domain, get to know the local kindred in depth, and rise through the ranks somewhat. Then consider pushing for a project like this."

He pauses for a moment.

"Something I have always noticed with Neonates is that they are always in such a rush to make something of themselves, though this initiative is good, they seem to often forget that they are..."

He pauses as if weighing the word he was about to use, trying to find if it truly was the proper word.

"Immortal."

He finally says with a tone the placed emphasis and power behind it.

"Time is on your side Mister Griffiths, you can wait for decades, centuries even to formulate and perfect your plans. Slow and steady wins the race."

He pauses letting that soak in.

"Though I do not think you will have to wait that long to get your project in motion, trying to rush it will bring you nothing but trouble. To put it simply Mister Griffiths, I support your project, however now is not the time for ether of us to act upon it. We must bide our time and wait till we are in a position where we may go forward with it. Do you understand what I saying?"

Charles concludes, hoping that the boy will see wisdom.

Zack Griffiths
    Invictus Gangrel

Blood Potency 1
    Aspect of the Predator
    Presence 2

Zach sat back in his chair. Everything the elder had said made a lot of sense. Zach was letting his sense of urgency get the best of him. Having spend less than 3 years in any one domain had taught him to work quickly, but he was going to stay longer here, yes? Zach had to think about that word for a moment. Immortal. It meant that he did have a lot of time. An abundance of it, really. Enough to work carefully. An Zach certainly wasn't ready to send a message to anyone, much less everyone in the domain. He really should put down more roots before trying to grow to such height, especially if it would help him gain the goodwill of the Domain over the long run. The long run. Another thing that Zach was not used to. It would take practice, and preferably the guidance of one experienced with the viewpoint. And, if he was going to postpone his current plans, that raised a few questions....

Nodding his head in agreement, Zach looks back to his elder and says "I see, you explain things with clarity, good sir. However, if I truly am to change my plans, I would need something to do in the meantime. What would you recommend I do in the next few months, given everything you know about me and the domain?"

Zach knew he had a lot to do, but his options were almost limitless. It would take someone with a lot more experience than he had to know what he should do right now. Improve his martial abilities? Earn tenancy and establish a haven, herd, and armory? Work on improving his standing in clan, covenant, and domain? Much to do, much to do....

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles nods approvingly. When Zach asks Charles what he should do next he replies without any hesitation.

"Do what needs to be done, the domain is not exactly in any sort of threat, but it is always under attack. Most of our population is made up of immigrants, I have yet to meet one kindred who is actually from Sacramento, This means that we occasionally attract poachers, and undesirables from other domains. Not to mention we also have our own share of strange happenings around the domain, and to be completely honest, Though I have never meet a witch, ghost, fairy, or werewolf, but by knowing that at least kindred exist I would not be surprised if we were not the only ones lurking in the dark places of the world."

He pauses realizing that he was rambling a little.

"What I mean to say Mister Griffiths is, There is always something that needs attention to within the domain and unfortunately, considering our population is also smaller than most domains, we don't have as many deputies to take care of it all, so the Reeve and his Deputies often recruit none title kindred to help them. If you make a point to volunteer where you can, and do your work well and without hesitation I am sure that you will at the very least gain some respect from the kindred you work with."

he pauses leaning back in his chair,

"Once you have done some of this, you might wish to make your intentions known, that you wish to gain tenancy within the domain. I would suggest when you do this bring forward an idea to whoever you talk to, be it one of the Regents or Seneschal. From a purely business perspective I often go by the assumption that 'No one cares about what you want, all they care about is how by helping you they benefit', remember that. Though this might not get you tenancy instantly it puts into the minds of your superiors that you are not only following proper protocol by asking for their permission, it also shows them that you are willing to go the extra mile to please them, you are also willing to work to get what you, and there might be some benofit for them if they help you."

He then shrugs.

"Of course this is not the only path to getting where you want, However this is the path that has worked for me best, so far."

@wibblywobbly Please be mindful of the Occult guidelines laid out. Charles Black has no knowledge of what was stricken out.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread