Ended
Watch
11 - 16
DISPLAYED
(FF14) Meeting on the Balcony

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Right she had to swear the oath all official like and stuff. Okay...how? Fortunately, Maredrauga and Rick answered that question with their own oaths. She felt the leaves from her Mantle brush against her feet and grinned, straightening up her posture: "Kay-kay. I-I-I, Morgan Bellanar, swear to-b-by my fallen leaves-Mantle of Autumn to serve our-court azzz Twilit Page. I-I shall do all can do-to courier message-package b-b-between members of the Autumn Court w-when asked to do. Upon leaves-of-Autumn a-and mah-my Mantle this oath swear I do."

-1 Glamour, -1 Willpower to swear the Pledge Corporal Courtly Emblem.

S
    Saeyer

Happy to continue on in her position, Ava gave Ms. Jasons a smile and a small nod, listening to the other appointments with interest. The idea of Titled courtiers agreeing to keep her informed of goings-on she might not have heard of otherwise was exciting, and certain to be useful; she couldn't really rely on windfalls like the conversation she had just had with Daniel coming up very often. Even that had been a windfall with intent, perhaps, but useful none the less.

She listened to the pledges with interest, turning an especially keen ear to Rick's; after their brief exchange earlier it was impossible not to. Though she certainly noted his phrasing, and the fact that swearing not to withhold information was not the same as swearing to share it freely, the omission of specific language concerning it from most everyone else's pledge was more interesting. Maybe they consider it an inborn part of completing the duties of a Title, from the way it was presented. Can't really hold Rick's phrasing against him, at least he was direct.

Smiling crookedly, the Scrivener raised her warm voice on the heels of the newly minted Twilit Page's vow. "By the lengthening shadows of Autumn, I swear to fulfill my duties as Scrivener, collecting and making known within the Leaden Mirror all knowledge germane to it that comes to me, whether it be through my own efforts or those of my fellows. Let these words bind me for a year and a day, and the Wyrd punish me should I break them."

-1 Willpower & 1 Glamour

W
    Walker

Jeffrey at some point drifted towards the gathering of Autumn, cutting his conversation with Aubrey short after his ocular blowtorching from the Dread Queen. He paid attention to the appointments, and tried his best to be unnoticed when the call for paladins arose. It wasn't that he was incapable in a fight, quite the reverse. But he was scared of what might happen should he redevelop his taste for that line of work, at best he might end up Ghul, the Dread Queen's pet pychopath, and all that he could bring himself to think about the worst case scenario was a hope that he would be caught soon after he began walking that black and bloody road.

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Milo froze after the Queen's rebuke. The fact that he made such an obvious faux pas was downright humiliating. When the Queen offered him a substitute, he couldn't help but wonder if it was a legitimate offer to suit his skills or a reason for the Queen to officially label him the Fool of the Autumn Court.

The Fairest remained still as one by one the other courtiers swore their oaths. Finally he realized he was the only one left and had spent most of the exchanges in his own little world. Then of coarse one other has to join the meeting to see him debate the possible oath of shame he was for some reason considering. A few more seconds pass, and reason finally asks Milo why someone who had offered him shelter not weeks ago would aim to publicly humiliate him now. She wasn't a true fae as far as he could tell, which meant Milo had to face the fact that his trust issues were clouding his judgement again.

Finally the man sighs as words begin to form in his mind. "I, Milo Chernobog, swear on the shadows that embrace me to serve the Autumn Court as the Fool of First Frost. I will use the darker side of comedy and wit to demonstrate the social acumen of our court and shall not hide my knowledge from the Lady Scrivener when she seeks it. I swear to do this for the passing of a year and a day, and if I should falter then may the shadows shun me as my court would."

It was a note out of Rick's page, but the Fairest knew his mantle was the result of his facility with fear and not his occult knowledge. He didn't feel the need to prove as much to others.

-1 WP, -1 Glamour

1 suxx to not be crazy
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-25 23:59:27 Milo rolls 5 to Suspicion (Res+Comp) (10 Again) 6, 5, 4, 8, 3 1 success

E
    ErlangShen

The queen did say she needed multiple Paladins of Shadow. Maredrauga appeared to be adept with Dreams. Sam could serve in the Material world as it were. The literal monster in the darkness. "I, Sam Hain, swear on the embers of the dying light to serve the Leaden Mirror as a Paladin of Shadows. The Lurker placed his hand upon the Court emblem. "Let these words bind me for a year and a day, and the Wyrd punish me should I break them. I shall contend against those who contend with us. I will draw the spear and javelin against our foes."

The Darkling held an ominous gaze as he completed his Pledge. "I will whisper to their souls, “I am your retribution.”

-1 WP and -1 Glamour.

The Witch Queen of the Autumn Court accepts their oaths of service and they each briefly feel threads of the Wyrd pull and tug at their mantles as the corporals are sealed. Nodding to her court, the ogress gets a serious expression as she regards them.

"I shall also be appointing Ms. Campbell as the Magister of Nightmares for this year's Hunt of Leaves. The target I have chosen is an incubus referred to as The Sandman by it's victims. Finding more information about this creature has been troublesome, but there is one avenue of investigation which I have yet to attempt. Ms. Campbell shall provide you all with more details once they become available in the following weeks." Ava Campbell

Shifting her attention from Ava to her newly appointed Paladins, the Dread Lady fixes them with a burning glare.

"It has also come to my attention that the defenses of our freehold are woefully inadequate in regards to both oneiromantic attacks and incursions by hobgoblins. I charge my Paladins with organizing a self defense class against these threats for the benefit of all members of our community. You shall have the full use of this hollow at your disposal, and I expect this task to be completed before the end of our season. That is all." Sam Hain Maredrauga Rick Pereg

And with those final words, it would appear that Betony Rue has dismissed her courtiers.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread