Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
81 - 90
DISPLAYED
Flying High Now (Boxing)

Page 9 of 18 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... Last

Kite started to relax a little as he walked away from the Hierarch. Pausing once he was out of earshot, he took a second to take a deep breath before continuing his trek to Miach.

“Hey…” Kite remarks. “Do you need healing for those injuries, or are you covered?” he asks.

Idun

PRE

"Well, you did manage to dodge during the second and third rounds, that count's for something." Idun points out. "Plus there's the fact you tried, right?"

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus sighs heavily, but with a bare flicker of a smile. "I was afraid you might say that. At the Thyrsus meeting, he was intemperate, rude, and just constantly getting under everyone's skin. Then when he started to Scrutinize Triquetra, I just ... lost it, a little."

Miach

PRE

Miach smiled even more at Idun's kind words. It was fun, you know., as if it explained everything.

When Kite hopped toward him, inquiring about his health, the Enchanter shook his head slightly. I'm fine, thank you. It was just a lucky punch to the liver, and I'll be recovered before the end of the evening. The man had been kind, but Miach knew he had been marked by the Herald, and didn't want nothing from it, so was a little rough. I'm a doctor, don't worry about me. Why don't you go and look after Gallows instead ? Vaeltia didn't go easy on him.

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

Vaeltia nodded, “How long did you think about what you said? I’m guessing that you didn't at all.” she looked at the scarred man.

Just for the sake of reason, who else was there, and what did they do? Because honestly the guy’s been crashing on my couch for the past month or so, and I have him as an employee. And aside from some really weird quirks and starting out his career with me by loosing me a sale, I really haven’t seen or heard him do anything so drastic as to remove the protection of the consillium from him.
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

As Hourglass listens to the conversations, half paying attention as she watched the boxing, she startles as her phone vibrates and she answers it. With a sigh, she hangs up and approaches Gallows .

"I'm terribly sorry, Gallows, but I need to leave. I hope the tournament goes well, and please enjoy the cakes."

With a final smile, Hourglass departs the gym to tend to Daniel.

Hourglass exits scene

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

This is a ghost, but his appearance is rather strong.
    Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

Corpus: 8 - WP: 7 - Max Essence: 10

PRE

Initiative = 12
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-27 19:08:42 Mike rolls 1 die for initiative 7
      Initiative = 14
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-27 21:28:58 Cog rolls 1 die for initiative 9

Cog puts his mouth guard in, hops into the ring, and bounced around a little. He looked nervous, but as he slowed to a set stance his face was an emotionless mask. His Rainbow Dash gloves hung at his side, Okay Cog you got this don't panic. The moment the bell rings he takes a double step up, with a flash of pink he lays into the Sentinel. His face a mask of concentration as he throws punch after punch. Cog kept the blows high striking with full force, many of his shots going wide. Though he took blows he seemed to grunt and try to shrug them off. In the last few seconds of the match he shifted low and rolled into his opponents gut, backing away when the bell rings with heavy breathes.

A small but friendly smile appears when Cog enters the ring. Mike stands ready, only a moment wondering if Cog was... well, he wears rainbow gloves. It seems both the men are not really the ones to play defensive. The Sentinel jumps around, taking some serious hits, a bit too many. He can hardly attack himself. Maybe it is because he is not so concentrated at all. A big grin stays on his face until the round is over... realizing he has to better next time.

Come on Mike, what's this!

Cog
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-27 21:49:41 Cog rolls 6 to Lay On! (10 Again) 6, 7, 10, 5, 8, 2, 8 3 successes
      Mike
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-28 04:04:21 Mike rolls 8 to Str + Brawl + spe -1 to Boxing (10 Again) 3, 10, 7, 5, 1, 7, 4, 7, 5 1 success
    2012-06-28 04:03:54 Mike rolls 9 to Str + Brawl + spe to Boxing (10 Again) 6, 2, 4, 9, 1, 5, 7, 3, 4 1 success

Cog turned around after regaining his breathe. He was still a little worn out, but had checked himself, no soft spots to speak of. Which to him meant he could go all in and not worry about the repercussions, or at least he hoped. When the bell rang he paused a moment, then swooped in and went low for a body shot. Focusing mostly on trying to get the Arrow Defensive. The last round He had been pelted with blows, though few actually found a mark. Cog on the other hand Kept up his choice Tactic in a fight, Aim for a spot and make them feel it. Most of his blows were not based off of skillfully getting around his opponents defense, but powering threw it. He kept up the body shots and the occasional Jab to the head to keep the well skilled boxer off tilt. Unfortunately Cog continued to leave himself wide open, which was a risk he was willing to take.

One thing that is sure is that Mike will not get defensive. Now he is heated up, and after the bell rings again he quickly approaches Cog, the Sentinel's wide grin is now a thin smirk. He takes a few hits but only to wait for the right moment. In a reflex he flinches when his boxing partner comes a bit too close with a bit too much power.

'No no...'

Whack! There Mike finds an opening in Cog's weak defense. With an undercut he makes his opppent feel some pain. They made no rules except: no magic. That makes things dangerous. As the other jabs to Mike's head the Moros steps back, this is getting more exciting with the second! Quickly he hits again, then the bell rings. Time for the third round.

Cog
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-28 19:37:33 Cog rolls 6 to Keep up the good fight! (10 Again) 10, 8, 10, 1, 6, 1, 4, 6 3 successes
      Mike
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-30 12:49:05 Mike rolls 7 to Strength + Brawl + Spe - Wound - 1 (10 Again) 7, 8, 6, 3, 8, 3, 1 2 successes
    2012-06-30 12:48:41 Mike rolls 8 to Strength + Brawl + Spe - Wound (10 Again) 3, 1, 5, 10, 10, 1, 2, 8, 6, 9 4 successes

Cog stumbled back to his corner, and took a swig of water. He spit it out with a red tint to it, he thought he could taste blood. Prodding his side he let out a sharp hiss as his vision darkened. NO, it's only broken. His vision cleared up a little as he turned back to the fight, no point giving up now. He was grinning as he slowly stepped up to his spot, a steady chant in his head. Nope, NO, NO, NO, I'm not passing out! He barely heard the Bell ring, more keen on the Arrow in front of him. His visioned darkened once more as he stepped up to throw a quick jab. It went wide, and Cog spoke out loud just barely audible to his opponent. "Man, I'm twenty percent cooler." That did it as his vision snapped back into focus, He stepped forward and continued his assault. His blows were underpowered, and he would occasionally through shots just to the left of his opponent. He never let up, until the bell rang. He stepped back, not sure even if he was hit at all in the round, or if he hit his opponent. His vision blurred again, NO just let me sit. Another voice popped up, sorry friend, Bills over due... Cog simply fell backwards, bounced on the ring once, and lay there unconscious.

From the start of the third round Mike mostly studies Cog, dodging his attacks a bit. There is really no need to do anything. 'That may be... but I just did this because I would otherwise lose my bet.' He chuckles and continues doing nothing. He was winning, and as long as the other makes no points the Sentinel sees no reason to seriously wound the other man. Besides, coming close would mean he could just as well be hit.

When the round is over and his boxing partner falls unconcious Mike quickly steps forward, surprised. Did he hit that hard? ​'Oh crap...' Then with an apologetic expression he looks at everyone else.

To stay Awake / attack / collapse at the end of the round
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-30 15:40:57 Cog rolls 2 to probably fall over (10 Again) 3, 3 failure
    2012-06-30 15:29:03 Cog rolls 3 to Throw his last ditch effort (10 Again) 1, 5, 4 failure
    2012-06-30 15:18:37 Cog rolls 5 to remain conscious (10 Again, WillPower) 9, 5, 4, 3, 6 1 success
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Vaeltia nodded, “How long did you think about what you said? I’m guessing that you didn't at all.” she looked at the scarred man.

Just for the sake of reason, who else was there, and what did they do? Because honestly the guy’s been crashing on my couch for the past month or so, and I have him as an employee. And aside from some really weird quirks and starting out his career with me by loosing me a sale, I really haven’t seen or heard him do anything so drastic as to remove the protection of the consillium from him.
    Animus shakes his head. "No, I didn't. I just ... can't bear the thought of her getting hurt, and ... that does things to me." He sighs, shaking his head. "Idun and Alfar were there. I don't remember Idun doing much of anything, but Alfar ... he tickled him with a feather after Kite fell asleep. The two of them were also vying for Provost, but Kite was acting so erratically that I doubt anyone took him seriously. Certainly not Triq, and she was the one who mattered."

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

Vaeltia was momently caught up in the sudden excitement as the Sentinel and that other mage...Cog?... were fighting. “I could tell.” the Obrimos said with a slight shudder as the remembrance of what had happened returned to the forefront of her mind.

“But I can respect you for that push of protection, but perhaps that decision was made too hastily. As for Idun not doing much, isn’t she a doctor or something? She seems a bit flighty for my taste.” Vaeltia shrugged. “You do know that the thought of Alfar coming anywhere close to me makes me want to scream sexua...” she breathed in for a moment. “assault.”

She took another deep breath. “That being said tickling him with a feather while he was asleep....that sounds like some bazar sexu...” she shut her eyes this time as she breathed, “torture” She wiped a hand across her face and the light sheen of sweat that wasn’t entirely from the match she had been in previously.

“As for Kite, he’s erratic as it is, He’s been crashing on my couch for the past month or so, and half the time he’s pacing in the middle of the night. I think he has issues with sleeping. I mean one time he fell asleep in rice. Like in the middle of dinner, in rice.” At the final ding of the bell her eyes snapped back up to the ring and away from the Thyrsus at her side.

“WAY TO GO TAMWOOD!” she cheered.
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

s
    shotgunlo

Finding a way, Chambitas enjoys a slice of cheesecake, fearing it might just be his last for some time. Watching Hourglass leave after a whisper to Gallows, Chambitas hopes she is OK. She did leave the food...

I'll deliver her basket if no one else does after the tournament. A motive actually done out of sincere concern and not to feast on the yummy treats.

Vaeltia vs Gallows = Vaeltia
    Chamitas vs Miach = Chambitas

Then came the match between his acquaintance, Cog, and the Sentinel, Mike Tamwood. Ever rooting for the underdog, Chambitas cheered especially loudly for Cog. The nerd had skills. Just not enough to pay the bills. Tamwood looked like he went easy on the kid the first round, but then turned it over and got him but good to a KO. Chambitas didn't think he could take that kind of punishment, so he definitely respected Cog more than ever now.

Tamwood vs Cog = Tamwood

My best chance for victory, I take the bye and Vaeltia and Tamwood kill each other. Of course, since Tamwood just fought it'll probably be him on bye and that leaves me with the Tasmanian Devil.

If only. Devils and demons I can handle.

Well, let's hope Kite's a good healer, for Cog's sake and mine.

Needed to get my name out. Killed in first round would do that. No, it won't be that bad. I can handle this. Keep hope alive. Cog went out there and gave his all, you can too, Gabaldon!

Chambitas suits up into his gear again, preparing to fight, knowing he's clearly outclassed.

"Great fight you two! Congratulations, Senor Tamwood. Senor Cog, you OK?"

Page 9 of 18 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... Last
Closed Thread