Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(Gangland) In Fuego

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    A
    Arturo Garcia

”No kidding? Any famous folk make it up this way or is this another kind of private party? I only know what I heard from a buddy, he talked about some huge guy out front when he came so I thought this was some sort of rough and tumble bar until I saw the front door.”

He pauses to talk another drag on the smoke, trying to dig information on their big guy.

”Do you know who the owner is? I remember looking into getting into the restaurant business years ago before I found out it was just the same guys hopping from place to place. Got to know a few of them before I got cold feet with my money.”

Questions mixed with anecdotes, and trying to tie all aback into what the cook was giving him.

C
    Cross

Derek's silent strides carry him to the calendar. Reviewing it, he sees something very interesting. It's a sloppy schedule, with regular maitre d's and servers listed in shorthand. Tracking it along, he sees names and names -- regular, consistent, steady. But one night next week? A name that doesn't appear otherwise. JUAN - 10pm - Close. Private party.

The fridge and filing cabinet held nothing of interest. The computer was off.

Outside, the starving Bishop made his play...

Arturo: please roll me a Manipulation + Persuasion or Socialize + Striking Looks, capped at Humanity.

A
    Arturo Garcia

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-09 13:22:27 Artuo Garcia rolls 5 to Chit Chat with Chef Tom (10 Again) 8, 2, 5, 1, 4 1 success

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Juan, is it? An alias perhaps? Or another character in this play. The late hour would account for a Kindred's schedule, but it's not conclusive.

Derek eyes the computer curiously, wondering if he had time to peel it apart for data. No spyware to plant this time, unfortunately. A bug, however...

He sets his case on the desk with the computer and opens it to retrieve his gadgets.

No phone to wiretap?

C
    Cross

"No idea, bro," he shrugged, stonewalling. Apparently, Tom wasn't feeling particularly talkative, or he just didn't know. "Owner's some holding company, but the GM's a guy named Patrick Gimlin. Real nice cat."

Inside the office, there's a landline, and it is no problem at all for Derek to turn the old computer on --

Derek, feel free to roll Wits + Composure for Perception if your Heightened Senses are on for hearing. If you fail, post on as you are. If you succeed, let me post to you.

2 sux to resist
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-09 13:34:34 Tom rolls 5 to Resist Persuasion (10 Again) 6, 2, 9, 5, 10, 4 2 successes

A
    Arturo Garcia

"Always good to hear, too many places bring in their guys who are real pieces of work. Anyway, thanks for the Smoke - I will have to give this place a shot."

Walking to the sidewalk and towards the entrance Arturo pulls out his phone, and flicks to the browser to find LinkedIn, popping in the name Patrick Gimlin, seeing if there was any basic information on the guy, trying to get info before entering the restaurant.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek isn't certain what sort of info a wiretap might bring. It altogether depended on what was said over it, and by whom. Certainly it would bring more insight into the restaurant's operations. He wonders if he aught to plant a bug too. And while he has a concealable camera, it might just be overkill to install it...

While he considers such things...

Perception, 1sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-13 17:59:06 Derek Menzies rolls 5 to perceive his surroundings [WIT+COM] (10 Again) 10, 4, 6, 6, 4, 3 1 success

C
    Cross

The chef gave Garcia a wave and set to finishing his cigarette. As Arturo hit up LinkedIn, he found a picture of a handsome gentleman with swoopy hair and a bit of a hip vibe about him. Patrick Gimlin? He'd be able to recognize him if he saw him within Fuego, for sure.

Mitnick hears something.

Someone's coming, and the door is currently unlocked... which is weird, no?

Derek has two rounds before someone comes through the door! If he wants to lock the door without being detected immediately, roll Dex + Stealth! 1 sux is sufficient to do it.

A
    Arturo Garcia

Well, with little else to do and the chef he had pressed being riskier to push any further it may be time to gamble a little. A Lord known for kicking in doors would be poorly regarded if he left a door unkicked. However, maybe he would get to play a little James Bond. Flicking on the video on his phone, he slipped into his front jacket pocket so the top was sticking out - including the camera.

Next, enter Fuego - The Lord was cautious, making sure to see if he had any Beasts on his radar. He entered the restaurant, looking for the host. If they didn't give him the scent of a predators taint he had a simple question.

"Excuse me, is Mr. Patrick Gimlin in tonight?"

He had an appointment to book.

And here is hoping the makeshift body cam worked.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

That is weird!
      Stealth 3suxx, Cloak 2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-14 16:50:43 Derek Menzies rolls 11 to don the Cloak of Night once more [INT+Stealth+Obf] (10 Again) 6, 8, 7, 1, 5, 5, 6, 1, 7, 8, 7 2 successes
    2019-05-14 16:48:56 Derek Menzies rolls 8 to move stealthily across the floor some more [DEX+Stealth] (10 Again) 2, 3, 1, 1, 2, 8, 9, 9 3 successes

Shit!

Derek picks up his case again and moves swiftly to the door, his legs stretched almost cartoonishly as he evenly distributes his weight across his footing. With a quick motion of his hand, he double-checks the door's lock to ensure it is securely in place before shrinking into the space beside the portal and awaiting the source of the approaching sound.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.