Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green had distributed the pamphlets himself, days before. Now all he had to do was wait.

The mountain is at the Blue Note on a quiet night when the business is slow. That was deliberate on his part - he wanted to minimise the chances of mundanes accidentally overhearing anything, even though he had staked out a claim to a booth right down the back and away from the main thoroughfare of the bar. Green was like that: hide in plain sight but tilting the odds ever so slightly in his favour if he could.

Some might call that paranoia. Others might call it leading by example.

Tonight the giant is playing the Constable. Its just another mask he wares - albeit one that was foisted on him by the Freehold. In truth, Green doesn't particularly care for it and would rather focus on the side mission that the Sovereigns dropped on his head. Wheels within wheels. Two knights... But enough! He has a job to do, a position to play.

And it is high time the Councillors started showing that they were actually doing things.

So here he is, claiming his booth and ensuring that several jugs of beer and some nuts are laid out. He has purloined a couple of menu's should anyone want something other than beer? Sacrilege I know, but he has to make an effort. Not everyone is a drinking man. Er... Woman. Fae creature...

Community policing, they say, starts with consultation.

2. Likes Swami M, Origins, InvertedMonkey liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The pamphlets had caught some attention. A short figure entered the Blue Note, the most notable thing about her being the beat up looking brown, leather riding jacket. The woman's attire was very much street casual and what those who knew her would expect. She paused after entering, scanning the interior of the establishment with her eyes.

Why would the Twilit Page need to seek out the Constable? For what reason could the Freehold's messenger/greeter desire a meeting with their community's policeman? Was it to deliver a message? Clear up protocols?

The simple answer was: nothing. The Twilit Page had no reason to meet with the Constable. Morgan Bellanar however needed no reason to meet with Malcolm Green.

Morgan had seen the notice and simply thought: I haven't had a sort of combination silence and talking with Malcolm in a while. Oh, I can do that! Hence why she was here. If nothing came up from others she could at least keep the Constable company.

Her eyes swept the bar several times, which either said some things about Morgan or the Freehold's tendancies toward alcohol consumption. Stepping further in her stance got more meek as her eyes swept the area several times. How the raccoon missed seeing the mountain several times was a mystery. When she did see Malcolm, her body relaxed. She smiled and nodded her head in greeting as she walked up to Green.

"Heh-hiya Malcolm. Saw ye, uh," she looked around. This was a public(ish) place, "papers. Heh-how is this t-t-thing going thus far?" After a pause she pointed at the open space in the booth across from Green, "And, uh, t-t-tis the seat taken?" It was supposed to be rude to talk to someone that was sitting right?

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green was sitting, hunched over his jug of pale ale.

"Nah. Seats are free. Take one; you're, like, the first one here." Idly he reached out and claimed some nuts. He sat chewing a while before responding further.

"Not much happening. Not like I can be everywhere at once, like. You got anything you want to raise with me? Or... You know... Just chat?" The tilt of his mighty head implied he'd be a lot happier with a simple chat than anything related to his Council position.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan did as Green directed, taking the chair opposite from him. After seating, she looked up at the Constable when he asked his question. She shrugged, "Eh-heh-heh, n-no I've nary a trouble to r-r-report to thee, Green. I c-c-can just chat with ye if tis fine." After a moment of twiddling her claws under the table she thought of something to talk about. "So~o, I heh-hope the new post tis going good for ye. Twas k-kinda of figuring m-many folks would b-be heh-here. Ah-and I'm kind-of-not-really clear what t-t-troubles are to be b-brought to thine attention. P-p-perhaps we could c-c-c-define that? Tis possible I've things to apprise thee of but Imma ignorant, heh-heh."

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"I'm supposed to keep the peace. And watch out for... stuff..." Green grunted sourly. "Her General-ship did not leave any notes behind, yeah? I think I'm supposed to make it up as I go." He took a measured sip from his beer. "Do I look like the peace keeping type to you?" Curiosity glistened in his voice.

8. Likes Origins, InvertedMonkey liked this post
    M
    MrDream

The glossy black fae carriage rolls to a stop in a nearby parking lot.

"These folk haven't shown much internal strife or threat yet, but I'll check back before long."

The padded slate grey benches inside and warm internal lighting are briefly revealed as Keith steps down from the running board.

He adjusts his coat and the crafty knife concealed in it's lining, hoping that a new shirt and freshly laundered rest of him will put forth a presentable figure.

This place is affiliated with the current sovereign, and the Constable had posted an official session of some kind.

Hopefully he'll be able to knock off his pledge to join the freehold here, since he came to town after the Winter celebration, without waiting for the turn to spring.

He also made a silent prayer as he opened the door and stepped in, that they don't have the AC cranked too high.

He looks for the mountainous man he saw briefly on that overly busy day in the park.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan nodded her head as Green grunted his explanation. So like when, then Constable, Ramona had watched over the whole her-Cosima-Daniel...she scrunched up her face in thought before shrugging. She didn't know what the proper word for that had been. "Ah-ha, g-g-gotcha. And yes." The "yes" came out quite firmly as she looked up at Green. Words began tumbling out, "Ye d-d-do look-ah-like peace keeper. Ye are and k-k-nice and contemplative. F-f-folks heh-heh," she smiles, "in'na club ken ye are good-and-calm. T-t-that helps calm-and-better behave us f-f-folks. So peace kept. Noobs that don't," she closed her eyes and smiled wider as she giggled, "We~ell ye are big a-and that can't heh-hurt making folks behave, heh-heh." It certainly worked well for bouncers. Morgan then open her eyes and shrugged again, "Pe-peace keeper better word then constable, my opinion. T-t-that one, constable nay-peace-key-pah, makes me t-t-think of angry-yelling cop in an office. And Imma not sure why," and she did sound honestly confused about it.

Her head tilts on reflex to see who entered the bar. And on pure instinct flinches at the sight of the man's canines. The thin man is unfamiliar and details go unnoticed by her aside from his sharp teeth. Not as bad as the first time she met Ava but she still reacted to it. "Eh-heh-heh, more folks arr showin' up-up," her voice trembling betrayed her fear instinct.

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Him again," the mountain rumbled.

Moving slightly, Green lifted himself so his head popped up from the surrounding decor. One huge, chunky, arm snaked out in a beckoning motion.

"Hey, man! Glad you could make it. Join us."

That was for the benefit of any mundane folk lingering in the bar that night. In Green's mind it also provided the unknown and unsworn Changeling the opportunity to mingle without making an awkward scene.

"No idea who this guy is. Saw him in the park the other day." Green whispered across the table as best he could, enunciating his words with exaggerated care.
    Keith MrDream

M
    MrDream

The slightly scared looking racoon girl was comfortingly familiar to Keith.

Not in her person or specifically a racoon (the lords having favored predator "gifts" for their soldiers) but the furry hide was so much more natural to his eye than the stone and metal, and stranger things he had often seen after his escape.

As if summoned by the thought, the giant frosty and rocky face he had passed in the park rose like some sort of gruff monument and... invited him over with a warmth incongruous to it's apparent mein.

Promising, it seems fairly informal.

Putting on a mask of casual familiarity himself, Keith approaches the duo

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-02-25 07:55:31 Keith rolls 6 to hides his nervousnous and unfamiliarity (10 Again) 9, 1, 4, 8, 5, 9 3 successes

"Hi guys, good to see you again! Mind if I pay my respects to the lady of the house before joining you?"

Shreveport's summer lord had been at his bedside when he awoke, and their Autumn festival had been easy to handle with his friends... but he hadn't really hobnobbed with any sovereigns since - his trip to Chicago being hard and short enough dealing with his mortal family situation.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

He's nervous
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-02-25 22:24:55 Morgan Bellanar rolls 6 to Wits + Empathy (10 Again) 8, 7, 1, 8, 9, 8 4 successes

Morgan's intellectual response to Green was quite informative" "Oh." She had no idea what was going on. But at least the fanged guy was nervous too, so she'd not be the only one. Then this fanged noob was going to do...what? She tilted her head in confusion at his comment, "Uh..." she looked at Green, "T-t-the lady of the house? Doth heh-he mean t-t-the owner or somethihg?...is nervous-noobie lookin' for Katrin?" the second question was whispered to Green.

This wasn't the place to find Katrin, so maybe the noob meant something else. Or he was just too much of a noob to ken where to find the sovereigns. That could explain the nervousness. Not as bad as the raccoon had been when she'd first arrived, but pissing off the sovereigns had made Morgan's nerves rather justified.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread