Ended
Watch

(0912) Mekhet Priscus Wooding

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 13 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
    N
    Neil Kingsley

Dr. Kingsley's face was blank as he observed Catherine Keyes ask her question and get her reply. Martha Villiers' nomination surprised him slightly; Conner's description of the Priscus position suggested it was an honour. Had the newcomer done something for the Herald that warranted such an honour?

Interesting.

Neil took his time thinking, though. This was not a decision to be rushed. He had time. The Heirophant's point was excellent, and the scientist nodded emphatically in agreement. "I agree," he said simply. Conner Greyson had every right to nominate his successor. Six hundred and one days of excellent service made that right undeniable in Neil's eyes.

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

The Doctor had no reason to question Greyson on his decision. She too had the honor once and stepped back. It was a personal choice and for it to be question was not her place. Conner knew what it was to be a member of the Family of Shadows. Since he began in the Domain, she had tested him and entrusted him as her Hound. The Doctor saw no distrust in his views, just like Chris had mentioned.

“I agree with Heirophant Wooding.” Erika was careful not to look upon anyone but their present Priscus as she wasn’t about to influence his decision. The Shadow Regent had her opinions on nominees in both directions and she would reserve them both for now.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

When Conner speaks and steps down as Priscus, she could not help but feel shocked. Then her eyes snap to Catherine, who was asking questions she had no business asking, and wonders where her cousin got the nerve. She then looks to Martha as she speaks, slightly confused at who she recommended. If Daniella was going to suggest anyone it would either Martha or Max, who had been nothing but helpful to the Domain. Both would fill the position well and serve the family with honor.

Looking to Conner, “I agree as well.” She said with a nod of her head.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Max quirks up a curious eyebrow as Conner announces the reason for tonight's gathering. Inside, he was cursing; no matter what private concerns Max might have about Greyson the man, he had always done a commendable job as Priscus. Now, they were tasked with finding a replacement, on the fly. He looks around the gathered Mekhet, trying to size up each individual.

Aileen was too quiet and shy to present a stoic front for the Family.

Catherine might have just burned any bridges she had built since coming to the city; and you can't lead for long if you aren't respected.

He didn't now enough about Neil or Teodor to truly form an opinion on their leadership abilities; and what signal would it send to the other Clans to put someone so new to the city in charge of their Family?

There was no way in hell he was going to nominate Erika. He liked living far too much to give her an excuse to arrange "private late night meetings".

Daniella would make a fine choice, but he worried about how her duties as Bailiff and Au Pair would effect her ability to meet the needs of the family.

Which then brought him to Martha. She too had a full plate as Herald and Keeper; would the addition of Priscus be too much for the tiny Dragon to carry? When she nominates Teodor, one eyebrow goes down as the other goes up. Just what game is she playing at? He wonders to himself.

Thankfully, Chris has an idea he can get behind. Wooding had shown initiative, as his recent ascension to Hierophant showed. Depending on how Greyson answered, Max might very well through his weight behind the Crone leader.

He turns his attention back to the soon to be former Priscus, nodding his head respectfully before speaking.* I've never doubted your judgement, Reeve Greyson... *He then patiently waits for Conner's response.*

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aileen didn't know whether her input was still needed, but she had obviously nothing to say to contribute meaningfully to the nomination, and all the less since she barely knew the kindred around the table. Instead she followed the lead of her Grand Wyrm, and nodded vigorously, for lack of words. Yes, yes. True.

B
    Beej

The Priscus's announcement had taken the Dragon Monk a little by surprise. But as he was new to the Domain, he was not overly so. He had no significant attachment to the man and so his stepping down was not necessarily a terrible thing to him at least. The reactions of others? That was a different matters.

Miss Keyes' reaction was, Teodor could only charitably describe it as, horribly worded if conveying some of the possible sentiment around the table.

Teodor schools his express when he hears the Herald's nomination of himself. It was quite shocking, in a two fold way. It was one unlooked for and to be honest, unwanted. The second was that there was very little wiggle room in getting out of it. She was His Grace's Herald and Keeper. How does one say no to someone so empowered and trusted? There was also another aspect to the situation, such as why him? Was this some sort of power play on her part? Putting someone she felt she could puppeteer? Was this some sort of powerplay on behalf of the Order? Something the Grand Wyrm and the Herald had preplanned? The Grand Wyrm's reaction to the nomination could be construed as surprise but one never knew, especially with Shadows. The monk had the distinct impression he was a pawn on a board of a game he didn't know the players of.

"Herald, your faith in me is humbling." Teodor says, bowing his head to Villiers. He flicks a glance at the Grand Wyrm briefly, wishing he could read the man's mind and know what was going on. Turning his gaze back to Connor he nods to the man. "I agree as Herophant Wooding."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha was utterly fascinated. Almost 100% of those present dodged the responsibility their Priscus had set them. They had simply abdicated their right to select a replacement and placed it firmly back in the lap of the very man who had supplied that right. Quite remarkable.

Martha blinked again. Watching, she offered a soft and sweet smile and gently stroked her long twin tails. Studying the room over the rims of her spectacles, waiting to see what Conner would say.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner bows his head, "Thank you for the trust you have shown in me." Conner states, "The first two people that came to mind is either Heirophant Wooding or Grand Wyrm Heinz. Both have proven their loyalty to the domain and to the clan."

Conner paused for a moment before saying, "But, one of the faults I have found in myself as Priscus is that I could not dedicate more focus to being the leader of this family, and not having to split my focus."

The Former Priscus continues, "So I look at others who are untitled but still more then capable. And with that I can only look to Doctor Neil Kingsley."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha watched with continued fascination as Conner outlined his solution. She nodded happily to Conner, Neil then to Brother Raluca, hoping to convey to Teo that she had, in no way, diminished belief in him. She swiftly offered a sincere and sweet smile to Neil; "Congratulations, Doctor!"
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Catherine Keyes

PRE

Two years of remarkable service, in a position of honor...two years that are essentially nothing but a faded grey haze. No record, and no intent to remember. Two years of history shrouded in secrecy. But apparently it’s an honor to serve as Priscus, because apparently it gives you higher clearance and you can learn things that, in virtually any other domain on the planet, would be considered public knowledge.

She laced her fingers together and resettled her shoulders, she may be dead but muscle aches still seemed common enough. She opened her mouth to speak again, and thought better of it. The subtle tests of the domain were starting to grate on her, why wouldn’t she respect the Reeve, even if he wasn’t the Priscus any more?

It was just a startling amount of democracy in a domain that had so few Carthians.

Page 4 of 13 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread