Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(VT) Talking Shop

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"I'm down. But, before we move on, I want to talk more about training. Like, we need to nail something down or it's never going to happen. So, how do we want to do it, and when do we want to do it? I'm thinking, maybe for our first try, we should take a week or two to come up with a few scenarios, and then we all talk through them together. Ya know, kinda just get a feel for what we might do. Then we should have an idea of how we want to work on actual physical teamwork," Avis suggested.

Their usual "mention and then brush off" approach was a problem that they really needed to solve. With deliberate words. Not displays of magic that just flatly disregarded an idea, not distracting themselves with games, and not debating it. Decisions eventually had to be made. Even if that wasn't how they'd come to together, or found the sanctum, it wasn't an existence they could always afford.

It was like the Consilium. Eventually, action had to be taken. Plans had to be made. Otherwise, you got a healthy case of indigestion from someone like Del Taco. That or disembowelment.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

She let the spell drop as she stretched a little, looking at the three with a shrug. "I don't have the time to be doing generic classes like that right now. I don't think you all realize how many pies I have my fingers in right this moment," she sighed a little bit, before leaning back in her seat and picking up her cup of coffee again.

Regarding Avis, though, her expression became more serious. "Take it differently than that, perhaps," she began to suggest, though she knew that wasn't precisely clear. "Each of us should design a challenge for the others as a group," she started to explain, sipping at her coffee.

"Each of us are going to think of different kinds of situations and different kinds of challenges. If we can create a series of diverse situations to train under, I think we'll be able to make a more effective assessment of our compatibility as a group. It's true that before we endeavor to push forward with this plan, we need to work things out and make sure that this is a well oiled machine - or at least a reasonably well-oiled machine.

"And to be clear,"
    Zoey added, "I don't think ASL is the answer. It still comes across conspicuous, and you may be surprised who does or does not have access to that kind of skill. I have... been fiddling with a code," she mused. Of course she had. Given her pursuits, codes and ciphers and hidden messages and veiled language... those were things she was fascinated by.

"If you're interested in making something happen that is... different and less likely to be intercepted, then I'll continue to work on it. This should allow us to be more open about things in text messages, e-mails and phone calls as well, rather than having to do the runaround. Of course," she paused, "that's if you're interested."

Strength assessments were one thing - physically, she had nothing on the Arrow, and lacked the moxie that Star displayed towards that kind of thing, as well. She'd done her time. She kept herself fit, but that was about it. Tactical action combined with insightful knowledge, though... the strengths of a team of Arrow and Guardians. Her nose scrunched up for a moment before she sighed, "... Asp, Avis, if either of you are available at some point in the near future..." her hand ran into her hair, "... I can't remember the last time I worked on my wrestling and such. I could go for a no-holds-barred 'bout of training."

... and there. She was flat out giving the Arrows the opportunity to knock her one in the teeth if they felt like it. She wasn't sure that was wise, but she did need the training.

3. Likes Cayce liked this post
    A
    Asp

Asp nodded to Avis's point. "Training sounds good. And I do like the idea of working scenarios up and then posing them to the others, thinking it through, and going through them. Want to think it over, come up with some and do our first one next Sunday night?" she asked, setting a specific time when she figured they'd all be available. She didn't work that night.

The ASL debate, she'd let Star reply to. She wanted to think about that yet before replying. If there was some sort of secret tactical signal language they could create, that would surely be better...

A slow grin bloomed across her face as Zoey volunteered to have her ass beat.

"Oh. Oh."

Wait. Avis actually needed some training, too.

"Actually, I have no problem running some training for anybody who wants to learn how to do hand-to-hand. It's, uh, what I do for a living." She smiled.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Man.

Sometimes? It gets old, yo. Because condescending. There were reasons people didn't re-invent the wheel. Or decide the whole cabal would only speak Swahili. Never mind the busy bit.

A hand rippled over the deck he'd neatly assembled, and the other pinched at the bridge of his nose.

Maybe it was just the hecklers from Raven. Or not knowing where they stood on rituals. Or where he stood...

"Sure,"
    he offered as he slid out of the booth. By the time his hand dropped from his face, he was smiling.

"Whatever you all want, I'm in. Sunday is fine."

No, he didn't want to get beat up.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"You can never have too many tricks, right? I'm still gonna pick up the signing, but having some code isn't a bad idea, either. Um, and I guess that goes for the grappling training, too," Avis agreed, looking nonplussed as soon as she got to the mention of Asp's offer. "I'm definitely a bit, ya know, deficient when it comes to that. So, uh, I guess I'll be your sparring partner Zoey. That way Asp'll have twice the mistakes to point out."

Ironically, part of why she agreed to the sparring session was exactly because she felt hesitant about agreeing to it. Ever since the first time, whenever she'd sparred with Asp the memory of shame and pain became fresh in her mind. It was time to put that to rest. Maybe changing the equation by adding another person was exactly the way to do it.

"Sunday's also good for me. I'll try and think up something crazy to keep us on our mental toes."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

"... sure thing. Sunday then," Zoey shrugged a little bit, sipping further at her coffee. She was gonna be awake all night, now, most likely.

"As for rituals, when? Where?" she finally asked leaning against the table. She wanted to be in bed. Why did they decide on important conversations in the middle of the night? "And when do we want a due date for the situational practices to be prepped?"

A
    Asp

Asp looked to Star momentarily, giving him a little shrug. She was still down. If there was a Cabal-Code then that was fine, too. But would it be ready in quick order? "Sunday was meant to a situational practice. So, maybe have them ready by Friday? I don't mind doing grappling training on Sunday as well in the afternoon. It's a day off for me." Being done a couple of days in advance was good.

Shall we wrap here?

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Sleepy Zoey made him smile.

He gave them all two thumbs up.

Rolling around, wresting with them? Nope. Because different reasons. But still so much nope.

Star's good!
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

10. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Here." Duh. "And how about after the situational practice stuff?" Avis suggested. "We'll have already been talking about spells and stuff, so it should kinda fit."

Avis is good too.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

"Alright. Sounds like a plan. I will be expecting from each of you a sealed envelope on Friday by ten pm. I'll offer each of you an identical envelope so that once they're all ready, we can open them one at a time at random. Lay out the situation. Lay out the preparation. This way no one knows which situation is first, and no one knows what, precisely, to be prepared for," Zoey instructed clearly.

"I look forward to seeing what everyone plans." Standing from her place, Zodiac moved to rinse out her coffee cup and put it away. "Now, if you'll all excuse me, I'm going to return to sleep..." Her gaze turned to Asp. "And you should probably find Felix before someone who doesn't like cats gets a fuzzy surprise in their blankets."

Alright, and scene!

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread