Ended
Watch

Karaoke Night

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    S
    Samael

He sipped on his drink, then smiled as they sang in turn. "Marvelously done, ladies." A clap of encouragement followed. "Just a little liquid courage to help out."

He looked at the crowd, another sip followed, "Ah, it's time like these, kick back, relax, and have fun."

Public Identity: Yuri Solberg
    Eurydice

Nimbus:

Wounds seem to appear on Eurydice's forearms. From these long cuts slowly seeps a black smoky vapor. Her eyes also become completely black. When using higher magic or vulgar applications, these cuts seep the vapor out in greater quantity and at a higher rate, dousing her arms in swirling shadow. Likewise, in these instants, mournful singing spawns around her, as if sung by some distant, ethereal choir

PRE

Eurydice smiles and claps along to the classic Lauper tune Madison is singing out, dancing in her seat and singing along with the chorus like many of the other girls in the club. When the blonde returns, Eurydice claps.

"Clearly, I'm with two professionals," she teases, before taking a not-so-healthy drink of her rum and coke. The Moros would relax on her stool, taking in the scene around her as Sam spoke.

"Yeah... well we're going to need to here and there, you know?" she offers. The statement was simple, accented by the Moros' now buzzed state. She did not drink often and was already a shot and half a drink in. Nonetheless, Eurydice would happily take another shot when Madison ordered another round, "I'll get the next one when we're ready!" She didn't want her new friends, no acquaintances? Ahem... her fellow Awakened to buy ALL her booze. Nonetheless, the fact that Eurydice was not wholly alone tonight made a smile creep across her lips.

The real work is about to begin. Cherish these moments.

"So!" Eurydice said, her words punctuated with more joyful extroversion as the buzz began to erode her inner walls, "Why Sacramento? What made you guys come?"

Eurydice wanted to get to know these two. Not for purposes of blackmail or professional courtesy, but because it would be nice to simply talk to someone without them clamming up as soon as they heard she was a Guardian. It was for that reason (and the fact that they were in public) that the Cleaner had yet to affirm her membership in that order.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She did a quick curtsy as she took a drink of her beer. Her stomach beginning to get that warm feeling as she felt more relaxed.

“There should really be more nights like this. It should be a requirement or something.” She didn’t go out nearly as much as she used to.

Smirking to Yuri, “I’m no professional. Not when it comes to singing anyways.” She says taking another drink.

“Hell ya! Bring ‘em on!” when Yuri offered to buy the next round.

Now that was a little more serious of a question, but not unexpected.

“Personally? I was just traveling through and didn’t intend on staying all that long. But I fell in love with the place and it was one of the few places that I’ve traveled to that felt like home. Which I think is rare these days.” Especially rare given her profession.

S
    Samael

The Warlock's mustache twitched from side to side as he recalled his motives. Taking another sip from his Bloody Mary, he savored the spicy taste. "I was coming here to meet with two associates. One was the chief librarian, and the other was a well respected judge. Then, well, things got complicated." He paused and sipped. "I had met both of them, on separate occasions at different conventions, years ago. Tiffany was a special one. She jokingly said she was stuck in the past," he chuckled. "Sharp as a knife and magnificently polite." He smiled at the memory. "The Judge, he went by the initials A.Q., not sure why, but that's how he went about. Humble, respectable man with a family. Very rare in our line of work. Carried a lot of keys that opened many doors."

Eurydice

Nimbus:

Wounds seem to appear on Eurydice's forearms. From these long cuts slowly seeps a black smoky vapor. Her eyes also become completely black. When using higher magic or vulgar applications, these cuts seep the vapor out in greater quantity and at a higher rate, dousing her arms in swirling shadow. Likewise, in these instants, mournful singing spawns around her, as if sung by some distant, ethereal choir

PRE

Eurydice smiled politely while the pair spoke, as she quietly ordered three more shots of rum for the group.

Seems to be the drink of choice.

Returning her attention to Madison, 'Yuri' nodded, "I understand, that's a rare feeling. I don't know if Sacramento will be home yet, but I have a feeling I'm needed you know?"

Then to Sam, "It's good to hold on to memories, I think. Your friends sound kind... were you able to meet with them here?" There was hope in Eurydice's voice, one good piece of news amid the troubles the Awakened faced would be a blessing. Sacramento was a battlefield and, after the Consilium, the stakes were likely even higher.

After a moment, Eurydice decided it only appropriate to share her own motives for arriving in Sacramento. They had given her the courtesy of sharing theirs, after all. "I'm originally from Vermont, but I kind of bounced around New England for a bit after... getting into the business. Tried to find myself I guess? I don't know..." The little Moros paused, remembering her years as an Apostate, her fatalistic outlook, and her eventual joining with the Guardians, returning to the same cell that had saved her from death all those years ago in Burlington. During her Awakening. "Once I did though I heard that Sacramento was... understaffed. So here I am."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Aurora listened and sipped the beer. Though she was curious as to who he had come to meet. This was something worth asking later, where coded talk could be avoided.

“Aw, and here I thought you came back cause you missed me.” She teased playfully with a pout before smirking.

Looking to Yuri, “I’ve spent nearly my whole life on the road, traveling from city to city. None ever felt like home until I came here. It has a certain charm and a way of making you feel welcome, it’s pretty nice actually.” There would always be a part of her that missed traveling. But having friends and something to want to fight for was worth more to her.

“Vermont? Think I’ve passed through there in my travels, beautiful state.” Lots of trees, cows and silos if she remembered right. She then nods, “It was severely understaffed for a while, so it’s been great to have so many new faces coming in. How do you like the city so far?”

The shoot was then picked up, held up, “To new friends and wonderful days to come!” she’ll clink glasses with whoever holds up their glass and takes the shot.

S
    Samael

He shook his head to Eurydice, "Sadly, I arrived at the wrong time." That was the 'best' way of wording it it. "I just hope that they're somewhere safe, and that they're okay. Especially with A.Q. I can only imagine what that might have been like for his children."

"I'm originally from Philadelphia."
    He chose his words carefully, "It's back on the radar thanks to the Flyers new mascot, Gritty. I give Philly folk credit, they embraced that horrifying orange trash monster." He laughed lightly.

Following up on Yuri roaming the U.S., "Speaking of traveling, I never had a chance to visit Lovecraft Country," he joked about New England. "I did spend a week in Sleepy Hollow for their Halloween festival."

Aurora's teasing was met with a wink. "You were one of few people I knew, so I was grateful to see you were still around." Then to Yuri, "I had to very swiftly return to Philly. A student of mine was being harassed by some thugs in blue while his parents were out of town. Dastardly villains, the lot of them."

He switched from his Bloody Mary to raising a shot. "Cheers to friends, new and old," he clinked his glass with Aurora.

Eurydice

Nimbus:

PRE

Eurydice's smile faded a bit as Aurora discussed her home state, though the Moros' eyes twinkled with happier memories. "It's very beautiful, part of me misses it often," she says, "but we all have our obligations. I chose to leave because of that and to start anew. It was better than staying there and thinking about the past you know? What could have been." There was a slight pain in Eurydice's voice as she ended the statement. Pausing only to reminisce internally for a moment, warmth returned to the Cleaner's face. "As for Sacramento? I'm liking it so fair, thank you. Though I haven't had much time to explore... it doesn't suck."

To Sam, Eurydice offered a meek smile, "I apologize, I did not mean to bring about bad memories," the Moros offers, "Still, your friends sound capable. I will hold on to the hope that they endure. Certainly with A.Q. It takes a certainstrength among our associates to raise a family." Eurydice certainly didn't have the want to do so. Remaining constantly on the defense against curious Sleeper children? Certainly, the very nature of Awakened society meant keeping secrets, but keeping the Truth from your own children? The concept seemed difficult to the Cleaner... and one she'd rather not explore.

Raising her brow, Eurydice's smile tugged wider as the Mastigos turned to happier topics, "I'll admit, all I really know about him is what I've seen on Twitter. He's... a unique choice, but I'm glad he's won over his city." Then the Moros' eyes widened lightly in delight as Sam made his Lovecraft quib. Clearly she was a fan.

Minus the racist bits, its crazy how close to the mark he seemed to get in regards to the creatures of the Abyss.

The smile would remain as both Sam and Madison seemed thankful for one another's continued presence in the city. The formality of her expression was slowly beginning to waver by this point, the alcohol's effects chiseling away at inhibition. Leaning forward on the bar, Eurydice would rest an elbow on the countertop, raising a hand to cradle her cheek as she looked between the two with a silly grin. "You two are adorable," she offers kindly, "You know, if old friends need to hug it out I'm not going to stop you." The tease was awkward, but playful. Clearly the act was not one with which the Moros had much experience in, but she was just trying to keep the mood light.

Hearing Madison's toast, Eurydice would raise her glass to willingly clink with her glass, as well as Sam's if it remained aloft. Then she brought the glass to her lips, slamming the rum down.

I apologize for interrupting this thread, but it was necessary due to metagaming. For details, please see here: http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php...643#post482643 .

Something is wrong.

Something that should not have happened...

...has happened.

Glyphs flare around Samael, and soon demonic faces begin to appear, gathering around the conversing Magi, whispering infernal promises of impossible power and things that they should not know. Their Souls quake, sensing ominous ripples in the fabric of the Universe as something nears and begins to breach.

The demonic faces begin to contort and melt as something begins to force itself through the weave of Reality, something terrible, something that sent ripples through the fabric of existence.

Finally, it tore through, a spectral mass of writhing limbs and sleek, shining carapace, it's segmented body flowing unnaturally, a billowing mass of foul muscle, slick shell, and clacking mandibles. A horror from the Rift between the Truth and the Lie, freed due to the impossible paradox that Samael had created.

Aurora was the last person in Sacramento to see Tyria Primoria alive, and Tyria had been nothing more than a scared and confused woman, drawn to a cathedral in the wake of some whim she couldn't quite understand. She'd been a Sleeper...

The writhing miasma of infernal faces swirled around the Abyssal Horror that had manifested before them, and swirled after it as it went slithering off into the world...

Feel free to post responses. For questions, see the above OOC thread.

Eurydice

Nimbus:

PRE

For a moment, Eurydice stops breathing.

The flaring glyphs causing an expression of fear to cross her face as the Horror manifests. She thinks about running, maintaining the Lie of her identity in order to remove herself from any future suspicion by witchhunters or other curious Sleepers.

Yet...

As the great Horror begins to manifest, the Cleaner knows she has the need, no, the duty to try and learn exactly what this new being is. Chiefly, she not only wants to identify the horror, but also to determine whether it has manifested itself to the Sleepers who share the Awakened's company. Only then can the little Guardian even begin to think about a plan for containment - or whether or not she needs to flee.

There's a time for running, but not yet.

Thus, the Cleaner invokes the Grim Sight, her expression becoming colder, though she still regards the Horror with widened eyes as her fear pricks at her lips, causing a twitch.

8sux Scrutinize Nature
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-10-06 20:59:52 [05] Eurydice rolls 5 to Scrutinize Nature of the Horror (Int+Occ) (10 Again) 3, 7, 9, 1, 4 1 success
    2018-10-06 20:59:52 [04] Eurydice rolls 5 to Scrutinize Nature of the Horror (Int+Occ) (10 Again) 6, 8, 9, 6, 6 2 successes
    2018-10-06 20:59:52 [03] Eurydice rolls 5 to Scrutinize Nature of the Horror (Int+Occ) (10 Again) 5, 10, 10, 3, 9, 6, 1 3 successes
    2018-10-06 20:59:52 [02] Eurydice rolls 5 to Scrutinize Nature of the Horror (Int+Occ) (10 Again) 3, 3, 6, 1, 4 failure
    2018-10-06 20:59:52 [01] Eurydice rolls 5 to Scrutinize Nature of the Horror (Int+Occ) (10 Again) 1, 8, 5, 4, 9 2 successes

10sux to Scrutinize Identity
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-10-06 20:59:16 [05] Eurydice rolls 5 to Scrutinize Identity of the Horror (Int+Occ) (10 Again) 3, 5, 8, 6, 9 2 successes
    2018-10-06 20:59:16 [04] Eurydice rolls 5 to Scrutinize Identity of the Horror (Int+Occ) (10 Again) 7, 6, 4, 3, 8 1 success
    2018-10-06 20:59:16 [03] Eurydice rolls 5 to Scrutinize Identity of the Horror (Int+Occ) (10 Again) 2, 4, 4, 10, 8, 10, 9 4 successes
    2018-10-06 20:59:16 [02] Eurydice rolls 5 to Scrutinize Identity of the Horror (Int+Occ) (10 Again) 1, 8, 4, 9, 6 2 successes
    2018-10-06 20:59:16 [01] Eurydice rolls 5 to Scrutinize Identity of the Horror (Int+Occ) (10 Again) 2, 1, 4, 10, 4, 1 1 success

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 25

You do not have permission to view the list of names.