Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Invictus Meeting

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

The Good Doctor Lazarus takes the paper that is handed to him and studies it for a long moment. Honestly he thought the theme was rather childish; but that thought was hardly an insult toward the Judex's sense of judgment -- it was simply that he thought any theme was childish.

Celestial? We are the First Estate, not a Halloween party.

Regardless of his internal thoughts on the matter, the Warden still respected the Viscount's decision. His lack of social standing had been slowly becoming evident to him and it did not go unnoticed that he was the only one in the room, beside the dog on the floor, that did not hold a court position. Ith knew it would be in his best interest to sound agreeable to this.

"I also think this theme is an excellent one; the depth and extensiveness of detail is evident." Lazarus attempted to have enthusiasm and appreciation in his raspy hiss of a voice but was not sure if it would even be noticed.

Regina Pia

PRE

When the papers come to regina, she examines them thorougly, seeking to understand the logic and reasoning behind such a choice. In the end, she is pleased.

"Good Judex, I find this plan to be well thought out and most agreeable. I am intrigued as to the costuming of our noble Estate, and would like to hear more."

W
    Wyldside

John leaves the scene

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

ooc answer

A smile, proud smile flashed briefly across Twist's face as voices spoke supporting her work. But she let it linger only a moment before assuming a more respectible face. It was still apparent that she was happy that they liked it, but at least she didn't look like a 6 year old being praised for her macaroni art.

"I am glad this meets with your approval. As I said there are still a few details that need to be seen to. While this is our Court, it is as is customary, being held in honor of the Prince. In both the previous two courts he has shown that he has enjoyed dancing. I have called for a space to be held for a dance floor. The only thing that remains would be to find the music.

The second thing is refreshments. Our covenant is strong, and this is a good way to show our strength. A show that we not only have enough for ourself- but for the city.

The third and final point that I currently have is a Herald. I would like to do the sitting in the traditional Invictus manner where we enter the seating area after everyone else with our full titles. The Prince will of course follow after us as is fitting for his station."

A brief motion caught her eye and she glanced up to see John slipping out the door. She raised an eyebrow and after flashing a glance at Victoria, she leaned back in her chair and looked to the others.

"Who will be able to handle these remaining issues?"
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist turned to Regina, "I didn't want to be absurd with the costuming. I was imagining black formal wear with silver or white accents. With the extensive display of theme I have planned it will be obvious that we are in 'costume' for the Court, but that with ease we could walk into the Kine world and go unnoticed. Again- a show of our strength that we fit easily into both the Kindred world and that of the Kine.

I will ask that no one wear the colors of yellow and gold. These will be reserved for the Prince. I will inform him of this option he holds."
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Konstantin Malevich

PRE

Konstantin, reading somewhat more slowly than the others, is still looking over the papers as others start to respond. The theme honestly doesn't matter much to him, but he has no doubt it will be a good one with Twist having planned it.

"I can help provide refreshment," Konstantin says. "For a few months, I have been taking control of part of the prostitute population of this city, and using some of them - ones with no disease, I have them see doctors - to feed. Most, I think they do not understand what I do, but any that I might use here, I will select from the most attractive, and it will be small matter to use my blood to make them loyal, and keep them from talking."

After a few moments, he adds, "I cannot provide for all the court by myself, but will help as much as I can, in this and any other ways I can."

Regina Pia

PRE

"I ask about the costuming because from the previous two courts, I have seen disunity, and a lack of solidarity within the conceptualization of the theme and each members expression of it. I would propose that we match our outfits. Subtle differences to accentuate our own standings and strengths within the covenant, but similar cuts and patterns. I beleive that it will awe and reinforce to the other covenants that we are not to be trifled with, to stand proudly in our matching outfits."

She turns to Konstantin and nods, then back to the Viscountess
    "Likewise, I can help with refreshments. The staff of the Dhaka will be most pleased to help the Invictus in this manner."

The prospect of being able to supply refreshments of blood to the court was something the Warden could do -- besides, the title of Groom had always been one of interest for him. Once it came to his turn to speak he made his intentions clear.

"The resources of Amber Hill are something I am willing to share with the city during court. Over the years I have acquired an impressive herd consisting of the inmates. It would be a simple matter to have my staff corral the quiet and subdued kine among my herd and have them brought to court for refreshments."

The dark creative ability of Lazarus had not been exhausted yet. "If I may offer a suggestion: Kine are subservient to the kindred, and given the theme of the court may I suggest that they are forced to be on the outskirts of the gathering hall in dark gray, yet respectful, clothes. This would symbolize that they orbit around much greater beings."

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    Striking Looks •••• (Intense Gaze, Stunning)
    BP •••
    Status (Invictus): ••
    Status (Domain): ••••

+2
    SL
    PRE

Victoria didn't even need to draw on her medical schooling background to realize how stupid the Doctor's herd contribution idea sounded. She looked at the doctor and with a blank expression and spoke with a flat emotionless voice spoke, "I take it Doctor was conferred as an honorary title Mister Lazarus? You want to drag a bunch of drugged out lunatics with deep psychological and emotional problems into court so they can either cause a scene or impair the Prince's subjects with the chemicals in their blood? As fun as that may be I don't believe that is what the Viscountess had in mind when she came up with her theme. However, your idea concerning the dress code for the herd that is supplied may have some merit and deserves to be explored."

She next turned the Viscountess and addressed her next, "Good Judex, since the theme of the court is a formal one and we are looking for dancing music perhaps Classical or Big Band Era music such as the works of Gregg Miller and Frank Sinatra may add a level of class and sophistication or if you're feeling in lively mood maybe some Swing Jazz?"

Ith Lazarus had been in the First Estate far too long to let a peon like Victoria Stamford speak to him like that. This was the Invictus, however, and a direct confrontation would be both uncivilized and crude. The pen was mightier than the sword, so right now the Doctor would use his words.

"Perhaps your ability to comprehend is deficient, Madam Stamford, so allow me to reiterate myself slowly for you to ensure maximum retention." The Warden began to speak slower, but still maintained a civil tone among his peers. "My contribution would be both quiet and subdued, and there are other ways to train a herd of inmates other than through the use of medication. Your lack of ingenuity when dealing with kine speaks volumes on your lack of experience."

Much like Miss Stamford, Mister Lazarus continued right on to the next topic which happened to be music. He turned his attention away from the verbal aggressor and back to the rest of the assembled kindred at the table. The Warden was a fan of classical music himself and was never a fan of any piece with lyrics in it -- he felt as if words tainted the majesty. "Do we have any kine who could provide us with a classical genre of music? Such would tie in most excellently with the grand scheme of the cosmos. Imagine the symbolic display of the kine orbiting their hidden masters to a symphony of classic tunes."

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread