Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Meeting Mr. Bates

T
    Tiamat

Cramped, tired and only half listening to the taxi driver blubbering on about her children, Delilah wrenched out a crumpled piece of paper from her pocket, squinting at the words she had hastily scribbled down: 4 Seasons, talk to Mr. Bates. The poster had been vague, but the fairest knew no other way to contact the local freehold. “Okay, this is the pla- wait, stop! Stop!” With screeching tires that could make even a deaf man cringe, the taxi narrowly avoided a collision with another car before pulling haphazardly up to the hotel. Delilah practically jumped out at the first chance, glad to be free of the deathtrap and it’s smell of cheap perfume and cigarettes.

With a forced smile, Delilah handed the old hag her money. “Sweetie, anytime you need a ride, call us!” “Of course.” Not. Crazy bitch. Fleeing into the building before she could dragged into another conversation, Delilah approached receptionist. “Excuse me, but I need to speak with Mr. Bates. I’ve lost something very important to me and was told he could help.”

The man at the front desk sets the phone down as Delilah arrives at the front desk.

"Yes? I'm Mr. Bates."

Delilah notices that her fellow Lost's Autumn Mantle clashes briefly with her own, yet his face shows only a rather bland expression.

"Ah... new to Sacramento? Follow me."

The Wizened leaves the front desk in the care of one of his co-workers and leads Delilah into the empty lounge. After offering her a seat, Bates takes one himself and leans forward with polite interest.

"Now then, what exactly have you lost, and how may I be of any help to you?"

T
    Tiamat

For a moment, a look of surprise spread across Delilah’s face, shifting uncomfortably at their clashing mantles. She’d never gotten used to such things. “Truthfully? I haven’t lost anything, at least not in that way. I found the poster, needed a place to stay and decided to check things out, you know?” She revealed with a purr, sitting opposite of the wizened. “I guess what I need to know is who’s who of the Spring Court, and if there is anything I should be aware of, like the rules around here or if there is anywhere I should stay away from.”

"Ah... of course. The freehold is currently ruled by King Mane of the Summer Court, however, Queen White is the ruler your particular Court. Also, Al-Adin is the Flower Courier of Spring. I can give you their contact information, if you like. As far as places to avoid, you may wish to stay away from the Empty Orchestra and Club Ember. At one time, they were both considered safe havens for those like us, but no longer."

The Autumn Courtier pauses for a moment as he looks at the nameless woman seated across from him.

"If you don't mind my asking, what do you do... as an occupation, I mean, Miss... ?"

T
    Tiamat

"Delilah Williams, and their numbers would be much appreciated. As for jobs, right now I'm unemployed, but I used to perform on stage - acting, dancing, singing, and such.” She mused, omitting the fact she used to work as a stripper. Such things didn't exactly make for great conversation. “What happened to make them no longer safe for us? Something I should be concerned about?"

"Ah, I see."

Mr. Bates gives the impression that he knows exactly what she is not saying, but is far too polite to comment upon it. Delilah might find it reassuring... or creepy.

"Both are under new ownership, and we are not quite certain of the new management's intentions."

The Wizened hands her business cards with contact information for each of the Lost he had mentioned.

"Here you are. Now, was there anything else I can help you with, Miss Williams?"

T
    Tiamat

She was a little unnerved, put off by the impression and all his 'Ah'-ing. But the draconic did her best to hide it behind a smile. "Thanks for the information. Other then that, a room here, if possible, and then I'll be on my way."

"Of course. Will that be cash or credit? Or perhaps you would prefer to make an alternative form of payment?"

Mr. Bates raises an eyebrow at Delilah, however she gets the impression that his intentions aren't dirty, or anything.

After arrangements are made, both fae get back to their other obligations.

End Scene

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.