Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Rikki Tikki Tavi

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Was it really a mockery? "That is unfair. What reason would they have to keep you out of the loop?"

"I am not a Sovereign, my dear," Gianna replies. "Just like you except with a role to be played."

A miscalculation. "I see, well. This was a great story, you told it well. I still wonder if Crunk was actually wronged some how."

"Why thank you, my dear. I have had years of practice." Gianna blinks once, the size of her specs make each eyelid look like a butterfly about to take off.

"Wronged? How so?"

"Well, What if he was cheated? It is hard to say Crunk was speaking truthfully. But what if he is? Did any one look into his claim?"

"I do not know, my dear," Gianna replies. "If he was cheated like he claims then I am sure the Sovereigns investigated. Do you have so little trust in them?"

"I'm simply curious. I think I'm done pestering you with my nonsense. You've been very kind Mam."

Gianna looks at Yui for some time, running her finger along the spine of the book resting on the ticket booth's surfaces.

"Some things may change," she said, abruptly. "People, however....people stay the same. Some grifts last forever, others are swallowed soon enough by time and by the world."

With one final smile and glint behind those damned specs, Gianna continues to read her book.

It was Yui's turn to stand in silence. The fur on his back bristling. "People do change. They can change! I have to!" Caught off guard by his own admission, let alone the volumn by wich it came, Yui stands stunned.

A hestiant step backward, a movement before he bolts away from the failure he just made.
    How could she nail him so hard, so fast? Did she know? How could she know?

Gianna simply smirked as her eyes darted across the pages of her book.

The world moved on around her, unknowingly aware.

End Scene

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread