Ended
Watch
61 - 68
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Rime of the Ancient Marina

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
    L

Even without Matthew's assistance the teeth and claws of the remaining spirits strike true, and more viciously than before, rending the the Magath to ephemera. With the source of the resonance that had been focused and targeted upon him gone Matthew is abruptly freed from the overwhelming despair.

And Perpetual Voyages drops down into the water next to the pack, perfect timing.

Firebringer

PRE

The despair ebbs, replaced by a simmering rage as Matthew glares at the place in the water where the two Magath had been moments before. <<Fuckers messed with the wrong pack.>> Despite the odd tonal quality imparted by the water, the malice in his voice is readily apparent.

A moment later, he returns to Urshul, his gaze softening instantly as he glances back and forth between his packmates. <<Thank you. I have to say, I'm impressed that none of you hesitated after what happened. That's good, it'll keep all of us alive.>>

Finally, his nerves worked out, Matthew turns to face Perpetual Voyages. <<Not long ago, we found a Magath dog spirit travelling inland from here. Has this place produced others?>> This 'Gardener' will be routed, just as his minions have been. It's only a matter of time.

L

<<Nay, this place is not their home. The Magath journeyed here from someplace else. They've used my marina as their port of call; to travel between water an' land, the material world an' its reflection.>> The spirit walks past Matthew, further into the locus's area of interest. He reaches a boat anchor caught on a slight protrusion from the side of the pier, strangely free of rust, and rests one hand upon it. <<An' plundering its bounty too, greedy swine.>>

S
    Sally Romanov

"Matthew are you okay?" Sally asked telepathically to her alpha.

Shadow Tongue

PRE

Shadow Tongue pads(swims) a victory dance. <<Magath die and fade to mote, Seekers rule Seekers rule!>>

Maybe he's not a poet.

Firebringer

PRE

Matthew pointedly ignores Shadow Tongue's antics, instead responding to Sally. <I'm fine, now, but thanks for asking. What they did wasn't at all pleasant.>

Matthew gives the spirit a nod. <<Its bounty is secure, now. This place is under our protection now. If the Magath didn't learn what that means tonight, I'll make sure the lesson is painful enough to stick.>> Again that hint of venom, and his packmates get the impression that he would enjoy driving that lesson home.

<<We'll be back often, but for now we have other matters to attend to.>> He waits to see whether perpetual voyages has anything else to say before swimming upward, towards shore. The locus is powerful, yes, but I'd rather not emerge in the middle of a marina.

Brandon still felt the adrenaline pumping after the short but vicious battle ended. He gives the Urshul equivalent of a smile seeing Shadow Tongue's dance, allowing himself to feel badass for a second after Matthew compliments the three of them.

He circles around, keeping an ear on the conversation between Perpetual Voyages and Matthew while also keeping his senses active for any other enemies that might get wise.

L

With the aquatic Magath finally banished from the Marina the locus has been secured, even if they have to share it. Setting back the twisted forces that have begun infringing upon Sacramento. A good night's work for any pack.

End Scene

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7