Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 19
DISPLAYED
Meeting Over Coffee

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

"Thank you" he replies to her compliment, taking the prints back "I'll be sure to let you know the next time my work is being shown."

He listens to Donna's story, nodding when it's finished. He chuckles a bit, but there's truly no mirth in it "Sounds like he must have been a real charmer."

What had I expected to hear besides this? Likely he used some Contract to convince her to follow him, or perhaps the flower was of Fae origins. Did he know I'd be there that day? How could he possibly?

It was turning out to be somewhat of a dead end. Sipping his coffee he wonders where to go from here. "You say you'll always remember him. If you saw him again would you mind giving me a call?"

"Yes, of course," Donna replied. She then remembered something else. "Its weird but he had a particular cologne on also; lilacs, I'm certain. I always thought it was a strange scent for a guy."

"Lilacs, you say?"

A byproduct of his kith? A result of his mantle? Maybe it will help me track him

"Hmm. Well, I think that's all I needed to know. I really appreciate you taking the time to talk to me, Donna."
    Simon smiles

"No problem, thanks for the coffee," she replies with a smile. "Just out of interest, why are you looking for him? Seems odd for an artist to be doing the job of the police?"

Simon had expected this question to come, though he had hoped it would not, and he had expected it to come much earlier.

"I think that the man we're talking about is someone I know from a long time ago. I want to find him to make sure he's not getting into any more trouble. Besides, the police aren't even looking anymore. Didn't you hear? Joanna Goodkind turned up alright. Still, I'd really like to track this guy down if he's in or around Sacramento."

"Oh, she has? I had no idea. Well, I hope you find your friend," Donna says, standing and getting ready to leave. "I don't suppose you have any of your artwork on display at the moment? I think my son would love to see some."

"Not at the moment, no." Simon shakes his head "But, here." he slides the prints back over to her. "I've got stacks of those. You can take them." Normally he charged for his prints, but the woman had been nice enough to come out, and hadn't asked very many questions. "It's the least I can do, and I'll be sure to let you know when my work goes on display."

"Wow, really? Thanks!" Taking the prints, she gives Simon one last smile. "If I think of anything else, I'll give you a call."

End Scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread