Ended
Watch

Interview with a Meister

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Regina Pia

PRE

"You will begin with simple swings." Regina talks Scars through her simple attack, focusing on straight strikes. After a few hours of practice, Regina calls a halt to training.

"Now, why do you think I want you to practice with swords?"
    Regina asks, sitting down.

D
    Divinity

"Tradition, perhaps?" Scars answered, more askingly than anything. "The roots of our order?"

Regina Pia

PRE

"While those are both important aspects of it, there is one primary aspect you are neglecting. The Masquerade." Regina pauses for a moment, letting the idea work its way around Scar's head before continuing.
    "Your claws are powerful, and can shred through bone and flesh as well as stone. But that strength is its own weakenss. Should we be assigned to hunt down some rogue vampire, they suit perfectly. But what happens when we are tasked with protecting an elder as he makes a business deal, and is assaulted by the mortal retainers of another vampire. We cannot leave bodies with claw wounds in them for the mortals to find."

D
    Divinity

"I agree, but I must ask, has suspicion been drawn when those dispatched are found with sword wounds? We must have a plan for disposing of such evidence?"

Regina Pia

PRE

"Such suspicions, while problemantic, do not in any effective way point to Kindred. In fact, we could deflect such suspicions quite easily onto a number of anachronistic clubs and ventures with little difficutly. Ideally though, you will become adept at swords and claws."

D
    Divinity

"I believe I am capable. I will continue practice under your watch." Scars looks to the practice swords, as if analyzing them.

Regina Pia

PRE

"It my wish that your capabilities are shown to the entire community, and that you are respected and praised for the good that you do."

Regina smiles, quite pleased with her new apprentice.

"I am going to tell you the political situation in town, not because I expect you to become an active player in the city, but becuase in your duties, you might come across ways to benefit from it. Please ask questions as they come up.

I will start with Prince Clarke. Before he was of the Ordo Dracul, He was a very powerful Judex in the Invictus. He belongs to the House of Millar, of which you will note that both Royal Hound Ishani Naetesh, and Royal Archon Viscount Twist are members."
    She pauses, waiting to see what reaction such works will have on her young charge.

D
    Divinity

"Is the history of that House a long one in Sacramento?" She asks. "And how are the relations between the Invictus and the Prince if he is no longer of the First, or does he claim membership with both covenants?"

Regina Pia

PRE

Regina nods, pleased with her charge's questions.
    "In honesty, I do not know the full tenure of the house. That might be something to keep an ear open for. While the Prince is an official member of the Dracul, his membership in an Invictus House does leave his true loyalties obscured. Which is probably how he likes it."

"In short, I find it best to treat him as if he had never left."

"He has control over many. His power in the city grants him great honor in the Invictus, reinforced with the Judex Twist. Both he and the Royal Hound Naetesh are active members with the Dracul, which grants him effective powerbases in both covenants. His edict regarding the other covenants shows yet again his great political skill."

She does not speak of his actions reverantly; in contrast, it seems tinged with a touch of fear.

The conversation between the ladies continues to a close and the scene ends.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread