Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
61 - 68
DISPLAYED
His Eye Is on the Sparrows

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7

Denise nods, unknowingly accepting the pledge laid out.

"Oh, don't you worry, Dr. Carlton. No more pets for a long time, right Char?" The little girl, already sucking on the candy, simply nods before being wracked with a coughing fit.

Handing her a few Yummy Earth Organic Vitamin C suckers, Jack reminds Denise to fill out the paperwork he had left out for her before she brings Char for her first appointment. He smiles as he bids her a good day and carries the hamster cage out to his car. Putting it in the back seat, he pulls his phone out and makes a call as he waits for Bert to get settled.

Bert follows Jack to his car and constantly looks back at the hamster, almost expecting it to eye him evily and ask "Do you dream much Bert?"

As he waits for Dr. Jack to finish his phone call he hears that he is speaking to the queen and wonders if she'll step in to help on the matter.

While Dr. Jack is on the phone and Bert glances back to the hamster, the Ogre notices that the little critter is sitting in its cage, and violently shaking.

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

Doctor Jack has a brief phone conversation with his Queen.

"Hey Alice, it's Doctor Jack. I just wanted to let you know that someone is handing out some awfully nasty pets to the children in your city. Two kids have died that I know of, but there have probably been more. I've got ahold of one of the little shits right now, and I'm taking it over to the Four Seasons to take a better look at it in one of their suites. I thought I would give you a heads up and ask if you know who I should call to help take a look at the Wyrd little thing."

He pauses a moment, listening.

"Good to hear. Thanks Alice."

Ending the call, Jack looks at Bert as he speed-dials another number.

"You up for a trip to the Four Seasons?"

Bert looks at the hamster nervously and says "Yeah, you may want to stop on it though. It's starting to convulse like it took hamster crack or something."

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

"Hello Stephen, this is Dr. Carlton. I'd like to reserve a room. Could I have the same one as my last stay please?"

His phone still at his ear, Jack looks at Bert, then back at the hamster. The smell of fresh rain fills the silver Lexus as his eyes narrow at the little creature in the cage. The good doctor uses one of his agreements with Spring to transform the hamster's Desire to escape into a Need to help the two men in the car.

"I'm actually on my way now. Thank you, Stephen, see you soon."

Doctor Jack ends the call and puts his phone back in his pocket. After soundlessly starting the car, he drives toward the Four Seasons, wondering what the staff will think when they see him checking into a room with Bert... and nothing but a hamster.

Growth of the Ivy

The hamster settles down and seems more at ease, moving over towards its wheel, which begins to squeek rather annoyingly as it turns.

squeek-squeek-squeek.......All the way to the 4 Seasons.

End Scene. Please go here

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread