Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 37
DISPLAYED
The Meeting of Three...Icy or Hot?

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

"Swilla was hanging around unsavoury bars and bringing undue attention on himself," Katrin replied, smooth as silk. "I only thought that a co-operative effort between the Seasons could show the common people that we work together in tough times, yes?"

Enzo
    Enzo

PRE

Enzo speaks up for the first time since the meeting has unofficially started. He respected Nightfall, being put in shackles, no matter how loose, were still shackles. Alice's choice, while better than banishment, rubbed him the wrong way. She should either have banished him outright, or punished him in a way that didn't include a form of servitude, that felt too much like the Genty in his opinions.

He turns to regard Katrin with a smile. "Queen Katrin, at the risk of being improper and speaking out of turn, I believe that is what we all wish, for the Freehold to be as one. To be frank, if we do dont get our shit together, we're just opening the door for them to have their way with us. I apologise for speaking when it is not my place, but the Hold is at risk and we fight amongst ourselves... we dont have time for this." He lets the words carry their own weight, a weight he knew was heavy.

"We have so much on our plate, and not being united, standing as one, should not be one of them." He says to all the Sovereigns present before going silent.

Dude... you're either about to get bitched slapped into last week, or looked favorably upon... smart move genius....

PRE

Rust waits for Enzo to go silent, then chuckles softly in good humor. "Heart. That's what we need. Unity, that is what Katrine in promoting. Because Summer carries an image of not mere aggression, but outright oppression. Summer has to stay out of this unless called on. And, considering the notions of Autumn, I think you, Enzo, would be the ideal courtier to bring humor and peace where I or HAL Or Fu would draw out violence." Rust gives the elf a saw tooth grin filled with conspiratorial mischief and understanding. Of course Katrine had heard, if not seen Fu and his fun.

Then he turns back to business. "I got that right Lady Winter?" He can't help but wonder what the woman is thinking.

"I agree, King Mane. We must put aside these petty squabbles for the good of the people, yes?" Katrin says, before looking back to Alice, her tone still polite.

"Queen White, if there's nothing else, may I be excused? I have mundane business to attend to."

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice nodded at Katrin, "Certainly. I think we are about done here. If you could have one of your people contact Enzo for the Swilla issue I'd appreciate it." As she spoke she turned to Enzo as she spoke his name with a questioning look as if asking him if that would be fine for him to help look into that with winter.

She turned to Rust and smiled then. "Thank you so much for coming...both of you," she added to include Katrin.

PRE

Rust nods still grinning. Court relations patched. Rust wondered if unifying Summer would be this easy.

How was he going to explain Nightfall getting nothing for the attack? There would be vengeance somewhere. That was the only True law of Summer. Debts got re-payed.

Or so was the claim.

"Right then. you have my number and Fu's. Here is the Spartan's as well." Rust pulls out is phone to share the digits.

"I shall, Queen White." Katrin gives her a curtsey before turning and walking through the Spring meadow to retreive her shoes at the door and leaving.

End Scene

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread