Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 16
DISPLAYED
Ink Safety

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

There, is an awful word if you put just the right emphasis on it. There means nightmares, There means huge empty holes where years were stolen, There means the fear that you didn't come back the same person at all.

She nods through the description of Al-Adin, although she never realized he'd come close to the crown. But it's another name that catches her attention.

"Marcus? I know Marcus. I met him maybe six months ago." Already starting to feel a little better, Nela seems to glow softly with cold phosphorescence. Gristlefist had ended up being a putz, if she'd been thinking straight at the time, she might have roped in the Metalflesh instead. "He's a big guy."

She declines the drink and stay with a subdued hand motion. "That's OK, I've got an apartment out near Greenville park. You know, it's kind of a shame I never met you at the Hold. We should do something sometime."

Juno watched her guest -- the other girl seemed to be really lonely. She hadn't had much luck in forming friendships, it seemed like, and Juno knew only caution in allowing herself to become close.

Her tail curled slightly....maybe they did have something in common. She would never admit it, at least not publicly, but she was beginning to feel the pressure of self-isolation. Who can I trust anymore? Derek jumped camps....Al-Adin, I still trust him....Crunk was a failure....Alice...no. I don't know Enzo or Erica well enough; Bert seems to be a nice guy, he really does, and Marcus......mmmmmmm. I wish that Sam was still around.....I miss him so.

"I really don't go around the Freehold itself much; only for mandatory fun gatherings and I try to keep out of the way when I'm there. Beyond that, I'm sort of used to being on my own. People don't ask me to do things with them unless it's part of my work....I think they really don't know what to make of me."

There's something in the Manticoress' tone that suggests a certain....regret? over her self-imposed isolation.

Nela's head shoots up as she remembers something terribly important.

"Do you know who Talisia Rose is? She's a model? I met her the other night kindof by accident, kindof because I sing magic, and now she wants me to come sing for her friend at some swanky restaurant. I don't know if it's your thing, or whatever, but maybe you could come? I think it's all Regular People, too."

Talk about laying your cards on the table. Don't get her wrong, Nela loves secrets, Nela loves lies. But she also loves things that are hers, and friendships count.

It was something that gave the Manticoress pause.

She wants to go and perform...but is afraid to do so on her own. Being told to travel in a group...and she really doesn't know anybody. It's a Desire of hers to give this performance...and who am I to not help her, yes?

Enabling others to satisfy their Desires was how she supported Spring philosophy. It was how she first drew the attention of the Court in another city and in happier circumstances, she still received satisfaction from seeing others happy, and it wasn't too late in the game that she could help another Courtier reach their goal. Her heart hadn't been hardened to that extent.

"All right...I'll go with you; it's been a while since I've attended a live performance."

With that, Juno smiled....taking care, of course, that she didn't show too much of the fearsome teeth her species was known for.

Nela takes a moment to make a critical assessment of her new acquisition. Artist, sense of style, probably not much money though. She does dress a little too much like a guy though. Weird the way her clothes fit... just not quite right. And that little nubby patch of hair on her chin's going to need to go.

Thank fucking god Regular people can't see that, right?

Still smiling, Nela pulls out her phone, a cheap iPhone knockoff from Eastern Europe. None of the desktop icons are actually interactive, but it looks pretty. "Great, ah, let's do digits."

And digits are exchanged.

"Good...I hope to hear from you soon."

Despite Juno's social trepidations, the idea of actually going out and doing something with another Lost appealed to her innate feline curiosity.

End Scene?

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread