Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
131 - 140
DISPLAYED
Turning Wheel, Wandering Feet (Open)

Page 14 of 14 First ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

"Wind up dolls? Are you kidding me?" Garth says with a hint of pride as he follows Rick from the house. "Why are you calling the Summer King again?"

L

"I know they're more than that, but would you really explain their true nature to a mortal that stumbled across us?"

Rick stops beneath a tree, pulling out his phone. "I'm calling the Summer King because that hob we saw down there is dangerous and needs to be dealt with. So we need Summer's help. The King's also an expert woodsman and tracker. He might be able to help us find the mortal that's still lost down there."

"No offence but that guy's doubt dead by now, hopefully quickly," Garth replies matter-of-factly. He does however wait for Rick to do his thing and continues to count that all his figures were in his bag.

L

"He might be, but I'd rather not simply assume that and doom him to whatever fate might await him there." With that, Rick dials Sam's number and brings the phone to his ear.

L

After a brief conversation Rick hangs up the phone. "He's at Club Ember right now, let's go."

"What's Club Ember?" Garth asks. It becomes immediately apparent to Rick that the manikin doesn't get out much.

Or know much about the freehold.

L

"A strip club, was owned by the former Spring King. Now I'm not quite sure who owns it, but that's where the Summer King is. We'll head back to my apartment to pick up my car and I'll take you there. That way you don't have to try to explain taking it into the club."

"Okay," he replies still not convinced. "Taking what there?"

L

"Your bag of tokens, we can leave them out in the car. Since I doubt you'd be able to talk the bouncers into letting you take it inside." Rick pauses briefly, "Shall we go then?"

"Oh, yeah. Sounds swell." Garth is good with the sarcasm but follows Rick nonetheless.

End Scene

Page 14 of 14 First ... 4 10 11 12 13 14
Closed Thread