Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Iron, Pumped not Cold (Open)

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    L

This time Rick did stumble slightly in surprise. Either Terri had a twin in her mortal life she'd never mentioned...or the far more likely case that he'd just run into her fetch. Now if he just had some excuse to disentangle himself from Sharon. Then his phone rang, sometimes fate was on your side. He hopped off the treadmill, pulling his phone out of the backpack and checking the Caller ID. Then he flashed Shanon an apolegetic smile, "Sorry, but I've got to take this."

With the constant hum of the treadmills he at least some excuse to get out of the area. So he set off in the same general direction of the Terri doppleganger as he answered his phone. And best to take a few precautions, just in case. So he used his contract with mirrors to change his mien to one more resembling Swimmerskin, then spent another bit of glamour to reinforce his mask. Good security measures always incorporated some level of redundancy after all. Then he answers his phone.

Riddle-Kith (Swimmerskin) 3 Successes

The woman walks by but stops as if she is caught by a stray breeze, sending a shiver up her spine. Turning to look around the gym, she sopts nothing out of place, even the man chatting on his phone. Noticing Sharon, she walks over.

"I do hope you are not slacking again, Shaz. I'd hate to have another chat."

Sharon seems to blush at being reprimanded in public so viciously and tries to state her case but is cut off.

"I don't want excuses. Just get on with your job and stop hanging around." And with that, the woman continues on her way leaving Sharon poking out her tongue at the bitch's back.

L

Rick slid the phone away as he finished his conversation with Barkley. Then shot Shanon a reassuring look before moving to catch up to Terri's supposed fetch. Her little outburst had given him an excuse to speak to her at least. Though he was thankful the real Terri wasn't quite so bitchy. As he got close to her he spoke, "Excuse me, Miss?"

The look-a-like turns, sees a gym member asking her a question and her expression changes ever so slightly to the better.

Not so stony.

"Yes."

L

Rick gives the woman his best disarming smile, "Hi, I'm Rick. I thought I should mention to you that Shanon wasn't just standing around. She had been talking to me about workout programs and such, but I had a phone call I had to take." He shrugged, if she was some higher up surely she had her own fair share of calls she couldn't put off. "And you uh, talked with her before she had a chance to move on it seems."

Question
    What does her name tag say?

Answer
    Lois Greene, Gym Manager

She looks at Rick as an eyebrow slowly raises. "Well, it is good to see our staff are being helpful and not just standing around looking idle." She crosses her arms. "Is there anything else I can help with?"

L

Rick idly considered correcting the woman's grammar, especially since she messed up after an emphasized word...but in his experience it was best not to give an angry woman the excuse to become even more so. Even if it did look like they needed to be knocked down a peg. "No Miss Greene, I merely wanted to make sure there were no misunderstandings." Well, he'd also wanted to get a bit of information on her. But such thoughts were best left unmentioned.

The gym manager turns from Rick and continues on her way, leaving the fae to his own devices while Sharon has put back her tongue and is thinking nasty thoughts. Rick can even hear her mutter the word "Bitch."

L

Then Rick's phone chimed again, and a quick series of texts between himself and Terri ensued. He sighed, looks like it was time to get out of here. Though he had a feeling he might be making a return trip soon enough, or at least seeing one of the people here again to back Terri up. With such thoughts in mind he headed back to the locker room to change into his street clothes, then departed the gym.

"Bye, come back soon," Sharon calls out as Rick heads for the locker room. She sighs as another would be client disappears thanks to the Bitch.

End Scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread