Ended
Watch
21 - 26
DISPLAYED
Knocking on the Door of the Harpy's lair

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

Dirt wasn't kidding when he said he could talk and talk and talk once the ball got rolling. "Do you mean that you use science in your training of animals, or that you have the process down to a science?" She was interested how he could compare it to chemistry. Then she listened and she could see where he was going with it all. It was almost like doing a psychological research study.

What she found most interesting about his continued description is the idea about prey and predators. She had not thought to analyze animals in such a way, and could see how it related to the beast. "It almost sounds like you can learn a lot about Kindred life while examining prey and predators. Like maybe we aren't as different or complex as we believe ourselves to be. I can see the appeal of trying to use your knowledge on the beast."

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap smiles eagerly and nods, "Yes Ma'am, Madam Harpy Simmons! You're sharp alright! I couldn't say if it's science or not; all I know about science is not to assume a thing is true until I can personally test it out in different ways." he says.

"I have learned a lot about myself this way. It's what got me in to the Order. Not usual for a Gangrel." he says.

"I don't know how much it's taught me about dealing with other of our kind, though. It sure didn't help at all with Invictus ways and manners." he admits.

"Do you see much in common in chemistry and Invictus, Ma'am?" he asks. "I guess I wonder how you got interested in both, if you see a connection?"

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Which is the right way to go about it all of course. Tests must always be done before we can truly know the nature of things. I imagine they do a fair bit of testing in the Order." At least Rebecca assumed as much based on how Aaron and Lina had talked about it.

Rebecca chuckled. "Invictus etiquette isn't always, what some would call, common knowledge. Even as a member it can at times feel like a maze of what to dos and what not to dos, all dependent on the type of person and their station that you are speaking with. It's part of the reason I'm actually grateful that Her Majesty declined to require the rest of the Domain to learn such formalities. It was a wise decision for the betterment of all I'd say." If Davis was any indication, the expectations of Invictus rules would have crippled many who never desired to follow them at all.

The question gave Rebecca some pause as she thought about it for a moment. "Well I was interested in Chemistry long before I was ever embraced, but I will say they both require structure and order. Things must be done in a specific way, for specific reasons. I think I've always connected with that."

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods. "I can see that, Madam Harpy Simmons. Being able to depend on a regular outcome if I follow the steps right and careful would be...a comfort, I think." he says. "I think I might not have the patience, no, the attention span, I 'spose. I can be patient enough with critters or even people...I like the changeability of it though. No two living things are guaranteed to react the same way to the same things...." he says. "At least that's how it seems to me." he says. "I do find that interestin'."

I feel some solid interaction and understanding has been done here. Perhaps we should get it into continuity?

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"Cause and effect, the every changing nature of all things. I do my best to always predict the outcome, but you are correct, no two living things always act the same. Maybe that's why I've always studied chemicals instead."

Rebecca smiled for a moment, letting a silence settle. "Well I hope I've been of some help. Please, if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask."

Sounds good to me. Sorry I took so long to respond before.

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods thoughtfully. "Yes, Ma'am, Madam Harpy Simmons. You have been a great help, thank you very much." he says.

Dirt Nap rises and nods, "Thank you again, Madam Harpy Simmons." he says. "it's been a real pleasure. I really appreciate it." he says as he leaves.

No worries at all! I was unavailable for stretches too with one thing and another. Thanks so much for the fun scene! I am glad to get it into continuity!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread