Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe keeps the volume low as she listens to the video. "Hmm, impressive don't do it by half girl. I'll be sure ta keep my ears," said body parts bounced, "perked fer those mic nights," a massive grin has crossed her face.

Circe sighed loudly, "Ya are selling yerself waaaay too short Freya. Ya are a damn good singer and if someone tells ya otherwise," she smiles with a lot of teeth, "I'll convince 'em their wrong."

Circe does shake Maxwell's hand, "Didn't say it yet but ya got a nice suit Max."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

A
    Abraham Norton

"Exchange goods?" An eyberow raised at the Smurfette's statement "Why do I get the feeling you're not talking air fresheners or something similarly innocuous?" He could be wrong, of course, and so the question has a joking, if cautious, undertone. But the clues were there. The Lost associating with unsavory mortals posed a moral conundrum for Abraham. On one hand, everyone is entitled to walk their own path. On the other, does that rule apply to paths that invariably harm others.

The song plays from the phone, and an expression of contentment appears on the Spring Courtier's face. He nods, eagerly, when Circe commends the performance, despairing internally that it's limited by the speakers' quality and the buzz of the bar "I don't think anyone will need any convincing, just like nobody needs to be convinced that water is wet. Some things just go without saying" And turning to Freya "Does the cafe you mentioned hold the name of Garden Grounds? Or is it the Blue Note? Or both? I hope to see you both there" Pause, a look to the Chatelaine "And you as well, Maxwell" He says as the Wizened offers a handshake (accepted) and stands up. Abraham doesn't stop him from leaving - he isn't sure if he admires or laments the restraint of the man, one the Flowering isn't capable of.

"Oh, but art is never about technique. What matters is natural talent and willingness to share it with others" The Fairest replies to the Mother Talon's self-doubt "You clearly have both. I mean, look at Danny Elfman! Or John Lennon! Both self-made musicians and both far more influential than you run-of the-mill music school graduate" A sip of a drink is taken "And I completely agree that nothing beats live performance, for the artist and his audience. It's thrilling, visceral... it's life at its purest"

A.K.A. Freya Bloom
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Contacts
    (Entertainment, Clubs)
    Expression
    (Guitar)
    Brawl
    (Tooth and Claw)
    Freya

Freya's Mein is a hybrid between her mask and some hellish bird of prey. Her face is much like her Mask, save for the larger, saucer-like amber eyes that a more reminiscient of a bird of prey than a human being. Within her mouth, her lower and upper canines are also more prominent and elongated.

She bears no hair atop her head, boasting instead a short headdress of dark brown feathers. These feathers trail down her spine and along her shoulders and upper arms before erupting yet again along her thighs and rear. Freya's lower legs and forearms are scaly, not unlike the legs of a large bird of prey, and end in wicked talons which serve as her primary tools against her enemies.

Truly, she is terrifying, but their is a Savage beauty to her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Freya offered Maxwell a gaze of concern, but this melted to a solemn expression of understanding acceptance. She'd take the man's hand as it was offered, gently of course lest her claws tear his skin.

"I'll let you know," she offers with a small smile, "And I'm not difficult to find, I've been told I'm hard to miss."

The last words were lighthearted, prompting Freya to chuckle at her own words. Still there was an element of truth. In a city dominated by Fairest none resembled Freya's Mien. Not that she had seen anyway.

The smile tugs wider, with the warmth of the Den Mother spreading across Freya's features at Circe's words. The Hunterheart rarely hid her affections regarding her fellow Lost and her demeanor made it clear she enjoyed the feisty Gun Runner, even if she did note that the promise to ensure her skill was recognized was also a threat of violence to others who dared said otherwise.

And then came Abraham's own compliments. Freya sure felt special. All this attention for a skill that, up until recently, she had kept strictly within the walls of the house. Perhaps the house members were right. Perhaps it was time to let other people hear. She had scene Abraham's contentment. And, frankly, she felt Circe would tell her if she felt Freya needed more work.

She seems the honest type. For better or worse.

"Thank you both, truly,"
    she offers, reaching her hands to grace each of their shoulders gently. She'd hold only a moment and then release. Turning her head to Abraham more directly, the smile and genuine happiness on the Beast remained, "And, yes, Abe. I'm talking about Sera's place, Garden Grounds. She suggested I attend the mic nights."
    Wyrd: 2 | Mantle: 1 (Spring)
    Mantle: The light scent of apricots

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Cooould be they deal in manure. Which would make me an expedient excrement expediter," Circe is all smiles in her answer to Abe, "Oh ho ho ho ho! So my artistry is bullshit!" The bartender sighed at that, apparently used to Circe.

"The Garden has an open mic? I thought they just made sparkle coffee," Circe sounded genuinely surprised. "I mean good sparkle coffee but I didn't expect a mic. Though I will warn ya Freya." The Fairest's tone and expression turn hard, "Don't eat the stickier treats before ya sing," she then smiles as she closes her eyes. One finger is raised into the air as if she was a hipster giving a lecture. "For they are as stick ta the roof of yer mouth as they are sweet goodness."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

A charming smile crosses the Chatelaine's classy face, but briefly, as he shook Circe's hand. "I truly do, don't I?" he quipped with a wink. "Good evening. It was a pleasure meeting all of you."

He did his level best not to stumble as he left the bar.

Key phrase being 'level best'.

Max leaves the scene.

A
    Abraham Norton

The Chatelaine left, leaving only the three of them in the bar. If the roster of Lost turns as quickly in the city as it does in this microcosm, Abraham ponders, he is in for a really wild ride. One of the things that "time will tell" expression was invented for.

When Freya reaches out with her clawed hand to touch his shoulder he lets her, never one to abstain from new experiences. Still, he couldn't deny a slight prick of uneasiness, vanishing after a split second, dispelled by the Hunterheart's happy smile. Circe's words pull him out of the pleasant moment, however "Now you're having a jest at my expense. I'm hurt" Though he cannot hope to hide his own mirth. This one has a curious sense of humor "So tell me, Mary the Expedient Expediter: when you're not dealing with fertilizers, what are you up to? In the club and outside of it?"

Turning to Freya "And on a similar note: what do you mean by "house manager"? What's the job like?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"In the club I often do maintenance, sadly this can include fertilizers fer the plants even if my thumbs," she gives Abraham a thumbs up to prove it, "Are clearly not green." She takes a sip, "So handy work. I am really good with my hands. Ask anybody," Circe gives him a wink.

"Fer fun I educate people that are mean ta my friends. Aaand do restoration."
    She smiles widely, "Ya'd be surprised how easy some tricks ya can learn at the club can help with restoration work," there is no hiding the pride in her voice, which is greater for the restoration then the violence. "More details are secret. Ya know what they say about lettin' a lady have secrets, cough," Circe thumps her chest and burps. Loudly. "I ain't a lady but I ya gotta get friendlier ta learn more about me Abe," She then focuses on Freya.

"Curious I am ta that too,"
    her ears perk up and bend forward towards Freya, "I have only me and Johnny ta manage. How many do ya hafta command?"

A.K.A. Freya Bloom
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Contacts
    (Entertainment, Clubs)
    Expression
    (Guitar)
    Brawl
    (Tooth and Claw)
    Freya

Freya's Mein is a hybrid between her mask and some hellish bird of prey. Her face is much like her Mask, save for the larger, saucer-like amber eyes that a more reminiscient of a bird of prey than a human being. Within her mouth, her lower and upper canines are also more prominent and elongated.

She bears no hair atop her head, boasting instead a short headdress of dark brown feathers. These feathers trail down her spine and along her shoulders and upper arms before erupting yet again along her thighs and rear. Freya's lower legs and forearms are scaly, not unlike the legs of a large bird of prey, and end in wicked talons which serve as her primary tools against her enemies.

Truly, she is terrifying, but their is a Savage beauty to her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Freya watches as Matt excuses himself and leaves before turning her attention back to present company.

She smirks as Abraham asks more about Circe and the cheeky Fairest responds in a manner to be expected. It gives some of the answers Abe sought, but likely leaves more questions than he expected.

Then the pair turn their interest to the Hunterheart, prompting Mother Talons to offer a smile.

"I don't command anyone really, but the household I manage has five content creators in it," she begins, "They don't really employ me, per se. My employer is technically their producer. As for what I have to do? It's kind of varied, but basically I do mostly administrative stuff. I make sure the bills are paid on time, manage their schedules, and hire cleaners and tradesmen to make sure the home is clean and in good order. That sort of thing. Oh! And food shopping. I do that too, but they cook for themselves, although I feed them here and there. We live together so sometimes we eat together too. Now and then I also truck them around, but most of them have their own cars now, so I usually do that just when they all need to be at the same place. Or when they're traveling as group."

She pauses for a moment, letting the pair process what she had said. It was a lot, she knows.

"I handle the day to day so they don't have to," she concludes, "Still, I usually can grind a lot of it out over a couple days a week. And it pays pretty well, so long as you're okay with dealing with drama, living where you work, and, basically, being a mom to young adults who play games for a living."
    Wyrd: 2 | Mantle: 1 (Spring)
    Mantle: The light scent of apricots

A
    Abraham Norton

"And by educate you mean you use excessive violence and/or threats until they learn their lesson?" Of course, it could be dismissed as a typical Summer (the waves of dry heat don't lie) way of doing things, but at the very least the woman has style.

A weird style, filled with crass jokes and a distinct lack of decorum, but still.

If the unmasked pride underlining the Summer Smurf's note on restoration was meant to fuel Abe's curiosity, it worked. As it always does "Friendlier?" An eyebrow raised "And what token of friendship would you require to tell me, for example, what is it that you restore? Houses? Metalwork? Art?" There's a part of him that instantly regrets giving the Elf a new oportunity for humor onslaught, but it is quickly silenced.

An extensive explanation delivered by Freya follows. It is instantly processed by the Seasonal machinery in Abe's head "So you're like a muse? Putting your own Desires second so that others may pursue theirs? That's very... noble" At the moment the Knight-Errant can't decide if it's surprise, wonder or acclaim (or a mixture of the three) in his voice "How did you arrive at such an occupation?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe smiled at Abraham, "Not always. Ya'd be surprised what a lil' subtlety can get done. Or computers," she grins widely, "Or fuckin' with septic. That's fun too," she looks to Freya, "Anybody gives yer lil' pack trouble let me know if ya need help sorting it out."

As for what she restores, "Metal things. Decor, tools," she grins widely, "Variety of wall decorations too. Back Door Lounge has one of my works on their wall," she frowns, "Technically its parts of four 'cause fanculo sea water."

"Wait, they play games fer a livin'?"
    Circe's left eyebrow and ear raised. "Huh. Is it like per play or victory? Hmm, wonder if Vegas has bets on that kinda thing." It was close by and the usual answer with is X gambled on in Vegas gets a yes.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 22

You do not have permission to view the list of names.