Ended
Watch

Poolside Revelation

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    L
    Lina Moretti

"Even among our kind, love is fickle, and the only way to make it not so betrays love for slavery," the Grand Wyrm said in reply. "Take the time that it was, remember it for what it was, learn the lessons you can, and remember that you've got that ability still - which means you're not too far gone."

Even in pain, there was learning. Wasn't that how every Coil worked?

"Emotion. Pain. Love. These are all so human, and quintessential experiences to us Daeva. It is through connecting with these things and with what makes people people that you will find the path to the Coil of the Soul that you seek. Shaking loose the grip of the Beast from its brutal crushing of the Man just enough to insert your Will requires you to see, to reflect, and to understand the pieces of yourself that are still mortal. So no more running from this, Blackbird. Your road to Chrysalis begins here, with observation of yourself."

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird listens as Lina speaks, nodding as she concludes her points. It was clear the neonate understood, though she was certainly surprised Lina was leaning in this hard right now. After all, she had only just moved in. Nonetheless, the Grand Wyrm seemed intent on guiding her into her education early. Who was she to resist?

Then a glint of paranoia hit the Daeva's eyes.

"How do you mean running?" she asked, "If you're suggesting I return to San Jose to confront Michel, I'm afraid I can't do that. Not right now."

I'd stand to lose too much here.

Blackbird understood it seemed to be the directive of the Dragons for the Slaves to take orders and execute them with minimal questions, but this was not something that her ego would allow easily.

"I've already done so much more than I thought myself capable of without him," she explains, "I feel that returning to him would cause a regression, both in regards to my ambitions and my desires regarding the study of the Coil... but I am ready to confront and learn about my Humanity if I am allowed to remain here."

The final statement was subject to a gesture as the Slave indicated the elegance around them. She had helped establish this. She was not going to leave.

L
    Lina Moretti

"Did I say go back to him?"

She raised an eyebrow, amused that the Slave thought that it was going to be something so passe as going and talking to her Sire. That wasn't it at all.

"No, it's about the psychological understanding of what happened, and how it connects between Man and Beast. It's about understanding how we work as people even in this condition so that we can separate the Curse from how we are. It's going to be its own challenging journey of the mind, but one you are well suited for. I believe in you."

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird's eyes didn't leave Lina as she spoke.

What embarassment could be mustered through weathered Humanity and pallid skin glinted across the neonate's face. Her lips parted to mouth the word 'Oh'.

"I see," the bird said, her form more at ease, "I am willing to dedicate myself to that study, Grand Wyrm... While I know every journey will be unique, I do feel its imperative to gather data from successful sources before I begin. You've learned the Coil. With that in mind, how do you think I should proceed? What methods did you engage in to learn your condition?"

L
    Lina Moretti

"The scientific one, to start. The first thing you must understand is how to observe. To see how things are, so that when you apply change to it, you can see what they become. Our Great Work involves no less than ascending beyond this Curse and to what lies beyond, but the only way to get there is to understand how to observe. So."

She tapped the edge of the pool, then hoisted herself out of it. Water ran off her suit and her pale skin onto the deck, pooling at her feet as she peered at the bird. Here and now, the beauty of Lina Moretti's form was never more apparent. Pale and impossibly human in her appearance, the private investigator's muscles whispered of strength, agility and power as the light from the pool played off them.

"Your test subject is yourself. Go to a sensory deprivation chamber, or buy one - whatever works. You will spend three nights there, alone, with you and your Beast. Consume only enough to rise each night. Let yourself feel the Hunger, but understand that it is only a symptom of the Curse's effect on your very soul. Let yourself feel the way it changes you as a person, as you go from hungry one night, to hungrier the next, to even hungrier. Only when you are near-starvation will you exit. Observe carefully and note who you were change to who you are each night as you lay there alone, with nothing but yourself and your ravenous Beast for company. See the way its tendrils wrap around the girl that was Annora as it grows stronger with hunger.

Do not leave the chamber. Meditate. Let yourself observe inward. Let yourself be. It will not be easy to stay there, but know that you will be safe. Your brothers and I will be nearby."

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird's attention did not waver as the Grand Wyrm spoke. The neonate even rised from her resting position to sit upright in the lounger as Moretti spoke of what she could do... no, what she must do to begin the journey of rediscovering her Soul.

Within the face of the bird, it's Humanity weathered as it is, there came glimpse of uncertainty and, eventually, fear of what to come. Her thoughts turned to draugr.

Hunt. Feed. Kill. Sleep. Repeat.

Those ravaging vampires bereft of Humanity who exist for nothing but Vitae, whose only peace can come from a quick Final Death. Surely, starving herself for three days would be unlikely to drag her to such degeneration, but it would offer her a glimpse. And Blackbird was unsure if it was a glimpse she wanted to see. To know what her Beast could be capable of was... disconcerting.

The neonate pressed her lips in a thin line as she closed her eyes.

She had to do this.

Taking in a deep breath, the neonate would blow it out slowly. The breath. Unnecessary. The action. Slightly effective. And it was at this moment that a quiet acceptance came across her face.

No more running.

"I will do this, Grand Wyrm," she said, her words quiet, but glinting in purpose, "I will make preparations to have one installed in the basement immediately. It will take time, but I will enter once it is assembled, if only for the fact that I remain under the watch of the Order. I only ask you don't let me out until the time is up. These... chambers can confuse the mind. Under the effect of hunger... I fear time may seem longer. If this is true for the Beast too..."

A shudder.

"Please... lock it?" she asks, "Until the time has come for me to come home?"

L
    Lina Moretti

"I will. And I can tell you this: it will be forever, and it will be fast, in spurts and starts and stops. Time will get strange, but you must maintain your focus. You will be taken by the daysleep at times, and you will meditate yourself to a state of near-torpor - and each time, you will awaken in that same place, in the same state. But when you come out of this, you will know yourself better, your Beast better, and the little crack between the two that you seek to widen to do what it is that I have done."

The Grand Wyrm smiled broadly, admiring her Deputy's courage and offering a hand to bring her young apprentice up. "Come on. It's cold outside. Let's leash our Beasts and enjoy the fire and a book, shall we?"

Shall we wrap it up?

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird would remain still for a moment, her eyes looking at the pale flesh of her thighs as she internally committed to what must be done. Then she raised it.

It was a thought for another night. She'd send the email to set up arrangements soon, but for tonight she could enjoy the fruits of her investment.

Offering the Grand Wyrm a genuine, small smile, the Slave would take her hand and rise.

"Let's," she offered.

And with that, two Dragons retreated for the night within the Chapterhouse.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread