Ended
Watch
41 - 46
DISPLAYED
The Maze of Sacramento

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    E
    Edward Silkenrode

Silkenrode looked down slightly as he says, "Like the cop, this is my first time in a freehold. I have trust issues, you could say"

Shifting from one leg to another, Edward sheepishly looks up at everyone else "But I am tired of going about it alone. I have been by myself for too long and have no family to go back to."

Feeling the anxiety to run setting in, Edward closes his eyes, lets out a series of long controlled breaths. When he is done, he looks up and is calm and collected.

"Sorry"
    he finally says. ​"I'm ok now"

S
    Sasha

The Fairest was a little shocked that this was the first freehold that Alfonso had been in and then also with Edward. She didn't say anything regarding it since this just may be the first one they've settled in after wondering a while.

"What I mean by that is sometimes people ask for certain things, like a type of drink, a certain decoration, a holiday tradition; or something that should not be there. For example, seeing an arctic hare may cause you anguish. That sort of thing."

I will be opening the Winter Solstice this weekend

Presence
    (Looking for clues)
    Sworn Officer
    (Sacramento PD)
    Status
    (Homicide Detective)
    Alfonso Franco

PRE

"Oh. I see. Thank you, Sasha. I don't have anything I need to avoid like that. More like, if my being a cop won't be a problem, then I haven't got a problem at all." he says. "What can I do to help?"

L
    Lydia Gehring

Lydia looked at all the Winters like they'd grown a second head. She couldn't help herself. Requests? From the courtiers themselves? She almost reached up to see if there was dirt still stuck in her ears. The Elemental was strikingly silent - even more so than usual for such a quiet being - and the air was heavy with her pause.

The shock wore off. Awareness of the situation at hand crashed into her with avalanche force. Clearing her throat, Lydia said, "Thissae's...been part o' a Freehold. Freehold an' Court, all in ae. We kept nae a neighbor, and stayed 'lone on top o' t'mountains. Nae a Spring, nae a Summer, nae an Autumn. When we celebrated the Solstice, we...didnae have requests, M'Lady - Sasha. We were told to go hunt an' bring food back so all o' us could eat. Gather or steal, if we could."

She decided to leave out the part where those that didn't contribute something sat in hunger. It was a celebration of the law of survival, that which kept Winter's people alive: act, or you die. The mouse that didn't hide was eaten by the fox, and the hare that didn't run was snatched by the hawk. So it was with the Winter Court, or at least, the Courtiers who'd found her.

J
    John Doe

John's brows rose in surprise. He too was curious about the man's knowledge of the seasons.

He then suggested, "Might we be able to have a small fire or a saltwater pool? I have an idea where the Lost toss a representation of their sorrows into it. Be it fire, it burns up. If a saltwater pool, it is symbolically cast out to sea. Then we dump said pool into the river."

The Idea

S
    Sasha

Great Scene everyone! Closing for the Winter Coronation!

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.