Ended
Watch

Karaoke Night

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    S
    Samael

The Mastigos was in rare form. It was every so often he felt the urge to sing. He had heard about this bar from his students, and figured, why not try it. He'd cover the tab for fellow Awakened who joined him.

He patiently waited for his turn, ordering a local craft beer. Hopefully others would arrive. He'd see them coming, no matter where they approached from.

Spells

Public Identity: Yuri Solberg
    Eurydice

Nimbus:

Wounds seem to appear on Eurydice's forearms. From these long cuts slowly seeps a black smoky vapor. Her eyes also become completely black. When using higher magic or vulgar applications, these cuts seep the vapor out in greater quantity and at a higher rate, dousing her arms in swirling shadow. Likewise, in these instants, mournful singing spawns around her, as if sung by some distant, ethereal choir

PRE

Eurydice quietly made her way into the bar, slipping in with a flurry of college students, some who certainly looked of age and others who looked... less so. She, however, was affiliated with none of them and instead waited for the group to finally move from the bar so that she could place her own order.

For the event, Eurydice had chosen to dress casually. It was just a night out after all and she didn't want to attract too much attention. Tonight was not even a night for observing. Given the move to Sacramento and the event at the Consilium, Eurydice needed a night to unwind. She might even actually drink tonight.

Or not. She was alone, after all, and in a city with very little in the way of contacts, aside from a few allies.

Offering the bartender a small smile, Eurydice finally spoke, "May I have a Shirley Temple please?" The bartender would smirk at her politeness, making the drink in short order.

Yeah, that's right Mika. Get crazy.

The Moros smirked at her own sarcastic thought as she seated herself at the bar, taking a sip of her drink once she was comfortable. After a moment, she spotted Samael and, after vaguely remembering him from that night in the consilium, she offered a small smile and nod of acknowledgement. She did not know the man, but that didn't mean she couldn't be civil.

S
    Samael

Being to see in 360 degrees was the right choice. In the time it took for him to see her enter and place her order, the Warlock shuffled through his memory to remember where and when he had seen her.

Oh, right, Consilium.That ominous sound nearly made him shiver.

Memories pieced together. She was at Campanella's table. By that observation, she was a Moros. He saw her nod of acknowledgment. He picked up his beer and walked over to her. "I saw you at the association meeting, but, I didn't get a chance to meet you." He extended his free hand, "I'm James. Mind if I join you?"

Eurydice

Nimbus:

Wounds seem to appear on Eurydice's forearms. From these long cuts slowly seeps a black smoky vapor. Her eyes also become completely black. When using higher magic or vulgar applications, these cuts seep the vapor out in greater quantity and at a higher rate, dousing her arms in swirling shadow. Likewise, in these instants, mournful singing spawns around her, as if sung by some distant, ethereal choir

PRE

Eurydice's smile tugged slightly wider as the man approached. Among the throng of inebriated Sleepers, the company of an Awakened was welcome.

To his coded introduction, Eurydice provided a nod, "Nice to meet you, James, and no worries. There were other concerns." There was no need to expand upon it. Both knew what the concern was and the more it remained vague the easier it was to keep the Sleepers unaware. "My name is Yuri." A lie of course, but then so was the identity of James.

To the man's offer of company, Eurydice simply patted the bar stool next to her briefly before returning her hand to the bar top, "Please do, I still pretty new here so..." Eurydice could do with having a few connections. That's what she was trying to say, but for the moment the words to relate that without sounding desperate escaped her. Still, they made policing the that fragile Veil in the Lie easier.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Karaoke. Something she hadn’t done in years, and she wasn’t sure why. It wasn’t that she had stage fright, she owned whatever stage she was on. Maybe it was because she couldn’t sing? That could be it. Or it could be that there had to be the right crowd.

Whatever the reason, she was game for it tonight! Her favorite black leather skirt was worn with the one shoulder burgundy sweater. And if one was observant, and her hair was just right, part of a vertical scar could be seen on her shoulder blade. An odd shape for a scar. A pair of black strappy heels and soft makeup and she was ready!

See, when Aurora went out, she went to be seen. Blending in was not her game and she sucked at it. Could she do it? Sure. But she didn’t want to.

So when the GTO was parked and she walked in, she did so with confidence. A sly smile on her lips as she scanned the room.

And what do you know?! Some familiar faces! One she knew, and one she didn’t, but had seen once.

Long legs carried her over as she slides up beside Samael,

“Well hey stranger! Have to say, this is the last place I expected to see you.” She says with a wide smile before her blue eyes focus on the newer face, “Hi! I don’t think we were introduced before, I’m Madison.” She offered a hand.

Then orders a tall beer of whatever they had on tap for the season.

“So how’s everyone tonight?” her tone upbeat and friendly.

S
    Samael

"Well," his brows briefly rose and fell, "I'm glad to hear that, Yuri." It definitely wasn't the finest moment of the Awakened community. The Warlock took a seat next to the Moros. With a bit of warmth, "I'm familiar with that situation. I'm returning from a hiatus in Philadelphia."

Again, his all-seeing eye saw Aurora walk in. He waited until she spoke to acknowledge her. Displaying an uncanny sense of awareness tended to attract unwanted attention, "Well hello there Madison," he grinned to the Shaman. "I'm just full of surprises, aren't I?" he chuckled. "So far so good. Just saw our new neighbor here," gesturing to Eurydice.

Eurydice

Nimbus:

PRE

Eurydice recognized Aurora, having glimpsed her from another table during Consilium that had been engaged in some squabble or other, though she did not know the greater details. It bore investigation, certainly, but now was not the time. They were in public.

Eurydice's eyes widened lightly at Aurora's extroverted greeting before settling back into her calm demeanor. Offering the blonde a small smile, the Moros would gladly take her hand and give a brief, gentle shake.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Yuri," she offered before letting her eyes look at Aurora's outfit, "I love your sweater! And I'm doing fine, thank you. Just felt I needed to de-stress you know?"

The compliment regarding the sweater was genuine. The article was something Eurydice felt would look great with her own style, if she didn't mind showing her shoulders. It seemed Aurora wanted to be seen, a contrast to Eurydice's more subtle nature. The blonde had style though and her friendly nature had also scored some points.

Turning her attention back to Samael, Eurydice kept her smile on her lips, "It's good to hear I'm not alone in that then, though I get the sense we are not the only recent arrivals. Some of them seemed... volatile at the meeting though."

Okay, okay. So maybe Eurydice was a little curious about the Thrysus' squabbles, but she wouldn't press the issue if Aurora felt no want to discuss it.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Picking up her beer, she takes a sip, as she nods, “That you are.” He was defiantly a had one to pin down.

“Yuri,” she says, “that’s a pretty name.” at least she thought it was. Not one she had heard before.

“Oh, thank you! I found it at this cute little shop downtown, really affordable too! We can meet up sometime and head over if you want.” she was always happy to share shopping tips with others.

Nodding once again, “Oh yeah, totally get that! Same for me too actually.” Her beer was raised to the others before being sipped again.

An eyebrow was raised at the words. Volatile stood out the most.

“Well, it’s not always like that. And I think things got way outta hand.” She shrugs, “But perhaps it’s the whole being in a new city and the stress of the meeting.” See, she could play nice. Not bad mouthing the new people. Though she wanted to, but that wouldn’t look good on her. “Whatever it was, I hope we saw the last of it. I much prefer when things go smoothly and business gets done.” Another shrug.

“So anyone gonna try singing tonight?”

S
    Samael

"That is an impressive sweater," Samael nodded in agreement. "Yes, it was quite spirited. Needlessly so from certain individuals." The Warlock was thankful he was not here. Knot or Naught, however he spelled his name.

He agreed with the Moros, "De-stress is definitely required." He grinned to Aurora then to Eurydice, "I plan to sing tonight," he chuckled lightly, "Let go and have a good time."

Eurydice

Nimbus:

PRE

Eurydice smiles at Aurora's words as she offers a shopping trip and politely dismisses the drama of the Consilium.

She's.. bubbly AND tactful.

"I'm happy to know that won't be a problem going forward then. Not consistently, anyway." she offers,"It makes things less... efficient."

Then came Aurora's question regarding karaoke. And Samael's admission to his intention to play. And Eurydice blinked in surprise. Looking at Samael, she shrugged and gave him a thumbs up.

"Go for it," she said with a smirk, "Me? Well I don't know. Maybe? Probably not... Let's call it a soft maybe."

She had come to WATCH people make asses of themselves. Not make an ass out of herself. Still who knows? Maybe a few drinks and some kind words could get her crooning, though she was not... well... great at singing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 25

You do not have permission to view the list of names.