Ended
Watch

Science and Faith

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    K
    Krieg

The Heirophant's grin remained visible, "That has been taken into consideration," the glint in his eyes hinted something more. "But, that is for another time."

He laughed at Aaron's dramatic declaration. "Alchemy has such a fascinating history. The ephedrine used in the mixture does produce results. It is often used to prevent low blood pressure during spinal anesthesia. As with all things medicinal back then, it was ninety percent guesswork and the rest was prayer. Biochemistry is a strange field. As I see it, it is the true alchemy. Enhancing one's bloodstream to better cope with the disease at hand."

The Nosferatu raised a brow to the Ventrue, "On the topic of blood, have you heard that there's a shortage of blood? Can you imagine that? All these healthy specimens." He smiled to the Priscus, "The city could benefit greatly by having a blood drive. Perhaps it's something worth discussing with our associates."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

The Hierophant continued to surprise Aaron with scientific knowledge. He wonders how the man's exact Circle believes mix with all of it. 'Nonetheless, guesswork and prayer can produce results. As you must know. So let's stick with, another type of alchemy.' There's power in words. For some. And some alchemy could summon angels.

That was certainly guesswork.

'Biochemistry is definitely interesting. I've tried studying the blood, at a molecular level even, but always tied to more obscure researches.' He has no need for curing deceases.

'You mean a shortage of donors? I mean, there cannot really be a shortage of healthy people. They just have to be willing to share it.' Though, how would Kindred benefit from that? Unless Krieg hinted at something else. 'Though we should not interfere there, probably.'

K
    Krieg

He was pleased to hear Aaron's insight about prayer. Krieg nods with appreciation, "Indeed." The Acolyte added a snide remark, "Unlike Him," looking up at the ceiling for a moment, "She actually listens and responds."

The Ventrue's 'obscure studies' were met with a knowing smile. "Of course, of course." Such secrets were to remain hidden when out in public.

"It is true, not enough are willing to commit." The Nosferatu shook his head. He proceeded forward, lifting a hand to the exhibit of "Patent Medicines." "All I am concerned with is more healthy people donating to the pool. With plenty of supplies on hand, we won't be afflicted by any surges in demand. Treating it like a communion, of sorts." He smiled again, "Charity is a virtue, after all."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Sorry for the long wait!

'Well...'
    Aaron says doubtfully, 'I'm not entirely sure about that. I'm just saying I believe there's more between "here" and "wherever" than we can perceive. Whether that even has a sex or not, I don't know.' Surely the Hierophant has to acknowledge the Lancea Sanctum is on to something. Unless he's never witnessed their Miracles.

He nods then, agreeing. 'Keeping people healthy is indeed a concern to us all. Your organic food will be a step in the right direction. Healthy food tastes much better, too.'

Way, way more satisfying.

'What other ways were you thinking of? Or is that a discussion for another time?'

K
    Krieg

It's all good, buddy!

The Dragon's words seemed to have a point of sudden clarity. He paused just for the slightest moment. "Alas, you are right," he sighed, exhaling the anger from himself. "There is so much we do not yet know. Classic case of the chicken or the egg."

The Haunt smiled, "I am so glad to hear that. Healthy food helps everyone." A sly grin followed.

"I look at the issues of the wildfires and I fear that, eventually those flames will get too close for comfort." The Red Fear was such a terrible curse. "My concerns are that we could influence the population into taking better care of themselves and their environment. A rising tide lifts all ships." The message was left unsaid, Kindred would reap the cream of the crop.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

Aaron looks up at the large imposing figure, with himself being a not-so-tall Lord. He hopes he has not offended the man, who now exhales his anger. So he's glad when Krieg brings up the supposed chicken and egg conundrum.

'While I always think I have beaten that problem. You see, the one certainty we have is that the chicken must have come from an egg. The creature that laid the egg can easily have been one step behind in evolution. Whatever hatched the egg of the first chicken even could have been from a different animal family entirely.'
    He shrugs, wondering how people could not see this.

Then he lets the following words of the Haunt sink in. In many regards it seems the Hierophant allows himself to have a far more positive look on the future.

'Nice phrasing, when it comes to the environment. A rising tide will rather flood many cities, possibly be the deluge that swallows entire countries. We have not been too kind on Mother Earth - whatever form she takes. The fires that plague us now are perhaps a final warning. But good things may still grow from the ashes.' Though clearly the Dragon has a grim view on these matters. It is one of the main motivators for seeking transcendence. To overcome the Kindred flaws would give him a chance at least in this inevitably coming disaster.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The two Kindred continue to share a quiet moment and pleasant company.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 14

You do not have permission to view the list of names.