Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

Tristan allows the others to answer first. Roach'd included them in the question, after all. He doesn't dig too deeply into the exchange, either. For the most part, anything Val or Emily have to say are repeats from previous conversations. All he really picks up on is Roach's somewhat standoffish nature and Val's unfailing need to push the envelope.

Her shift back to human shape is just the latest in the line of... slights? No, not slights. This fellow Half-Moon is probably just trying to get a rise out of them. That's what shrinks do, isn't it?

The three females bounce their conversation back and forth, and Tristan frowns as he tries to get a word in. The moment for it doesn't come, though. Emily's asked them a decent question. Twice, now.

"Right." he finally rumbles. "Roach, you've just blown through town and... Dr. Queen? You planning on going back to these kids of yours?"
    Bone Shadow Elodoth | Primal Urge ● | Health | Essence | Willpower

2. Likes , Cayce liked this post

Half Moon Iminir
    (MD)
    Primal Urge
    Honor
    Wuffy Shrink

PRE

Yup. It was offical. Val felt kinda bad for pushing the mangy wolf, but if she showed pity, she'd earn a poor response. Winter Wolf didn't tolerate anyone to foster weakness...

"Well, the clock doesn't apply," Dr. Queen replied, turning to the blue haired Ithaeur. "It's your insight as an Ithaeur that drew you to the machines, wasn't it? Your ability to coax them, to learn about their arcane intricacies? That's how it was for me. But, still, no matter what you think of me, or my profession, we're all brothers and sisters here. So, sure, let's talk about places to stay."

Her eyes flicked to Hardt when he mentioned her kids again, and her eyes narrowed for a moment.

"Look, I don't have full custody of my kids," she exclaimed, hands on her bare hips, "but I do have partial custody, so eventually I will have them staying with me. But that's eventually. Right now I just need somewhere I can sleep safely and keep my things clean and dry. I can just shower at the gym, if I have to, and I can always go down on four legs in an alley if a toilet isn't nearby. Am I used to better? You're damn right, but I just need to survive for now. Survive, build my practice, and then I can get my kids.

"So,"
    she continued, turning back to Merekith. "Have anyplace in mind?"
    Dr. Valentina Queen, MD.
    Elodoth Iminir, Honor 3, PU 3

4. Likes , Xadun liked this post
    Irraka Iminir | Cunning ●● Honour ●
    Presence
    (Watchfull)
    Danger Sense
    Trained Observer
    Trained Memory
    Roach

Contacts: Street, Criminals, Charities
    Allies: Street ●
    Allies: Criminals ●
    Stats / Common Equipment

Quick Draw (Knives)
    Fleet of Foot 3

Backpack w/ small amount of clothes
    Cell, Reinforced Cloths (Jacket), Bowie Knife.

PRE

A rush of gratitude spills out from the tight coil of weakness lead in her stomach as Makerith natters on. The Smiling Shrink's analytical eyes are pulled away from her, though Queen's words immediately dredge up the tangled knot of emotions again.

Why couldn't Queen be a lazy ass shrink, working a 9 to 5 and wanting a fucking paycheck. But she's Iminir and Elodoth, so of fucking course she's always on the fucking clock.

goddamnfuckinshitfuck

Probably believes she can actually help people. Cunt.

Leaning, backpack still on her shoulders, sipping the water, she lets them pass her by like clouds on the moonless night.
    Irraka Iminir | Primal Urge ● | Heath: | Willpower: | Essence:

6. Likes Xadun, Cayce liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Ithaeur nods as Val decribes her way with minds like her own way with cars. I mean... yeah... but we're less siblings right now and more like estranged cousins, okay? Chillax.

Emily pushes past the internal thoughts and tries to keep her from getting Storm Lords in a teacup. Heh. Storm Lords in a tea-cup. I'm hilarious. "We-eelll, there's a couple of motels nearby that can always use customers. They aren't great, but they're cheap. And they're dog-friendly." She shrugs, trying to hold eye contact but her eyes keep slipping down Val's naked body. As a compromise in self control, she turns to Roach. "Or... like, I guess I could put you guys up for tonight?" Wait, what? Did I just say that? "You'd have to fight over the couch though." For the love of god Emily, STOP! TALKING! She finishes up with a slightly nervous smile.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

8. Likes , Cayce, liked this post

Half Moon Iminir
    (MD)
    Primal Urge
    Honor
    Wuffy Shrink

PRE

Val's instinct was to say something like, 'ohmygawd, thank you so much, let's go celebrate!', but then there was Roach. Mangy, angry, scared little Roach.

Low self esteem was definitely at the core of her issues, as far as Val could tell, and that wasn't something best treated with repeated antagonism.

"Thank you so much for the offer, Emily," Val replied instead, trying on her most sincere smile...which was a little at odds with how she was dressed.

"But, I think I'll try one of those motels, and you and Roach can get to know one another better. Though, I'd also appreciate a good line on a place to eat! I'm, like, totally starving! All I had this morning was a coffee and a cinnamon roll, which was delish, but not really what a fine Wolf like myself needs, you know? Anywho, I'll go get changed."

With that, Queen strode back to her purse, picked it up, and strolled off to the restroom again.

Yay awesome scene! Is a good ending place?
    Dr. Valentina Queen, MD.

10. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

The initial shock he'd felt seeing the 'good doctor' go from prim - to pooch - to naked finally passes. She's People, after all. Tristan may'v been a loner for a long ass time, but Herd sensitivities are for... well, the Herd. So he carries on like there isn't a naked woman in front of him. Just a perky, cocky wolf trying to pick apart their brains. He takes a little satisfaction in cracking her bubbly veneer. He regrets poking at an apparent soft spot to accomplish it, but you've gotta do what you've gotta do; her Storm Lord level confidence had been grating on him.

"Alright then."
    he says with a nod. Because he needed to put a word in. Before she goes and assumes she's anything but untested new blood.

Emily doesn't waste any time in trying to... make friends? He hadn't really expected her to offer up her place. But he decides it's just as well. It mean he won't have to offer them some kind of solution. They're grown adults. They wouldn't have made it this far without knowing how to fend for themselves. Unsurprisingly, Val declines and moves about her merry way. He'd have been surprised if she went and accepted.

Roach, on the other hand, is oddly quiet. Maybe she's actually trying to be respectful or something. But Tristan's still a little curious if she'll take up Emily on her offer. Or if she'll end up being another Hector. Surviving on the fringes and looking no worse for the wear.

"Whatever you decide..." he says for the two, even with Val strolling off to the restroom. "Just make sure you find your way to the Rail Yards. It's pack territory, for one, and its the easiest way to get in touch with Hector."

It can be. Tristan still probably wants to go a bit more in-depth with the new gals, but it doesn't have to be here.
    Bone Shadow Elodoth | Primal Urge ● | Health | Essence | Willpower

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Watchfull)
    Danger Sense
    Trained Observer
    Trained Memory
    Roach

Contacts: Street, Criminals, Charities
    Allies: Street ●
    Allies: Criminals ●
    Stats / Common Equipment

Quick Draw (Knives)
    Fleet of Foot 3

Backpack w/ small amount of clothes
    Cell, Reinforced Cloths (Jacket), Bowie Knife.

PRE

"Thanks." she says around her water. she is not using it like a shield Straitening from her lean, setting the water on the filing cabinet. "But I'm good."

She shoulders her backpack, tighening the straps. She wanted out of here before Queen got dressed. If she lingered, she just fucking knew the smiling shrink would find a reason to walk with her. Follow her, natter at her and poke, gouging holes into things already sutured, gauze wrapped, and fine.

"I'll check the Rail Yards, out. Maybe I'll find Hector." she nods at Makerith and Hardt, before heading for the door.

This was fun! Obviously I'm good to wrap, and I did hear something about Xadun wanting to do a wulfy BBQ? Can't wait for that!
    Irraka Iminir | Primal Urge ● | Heath: | Willpower: | Essence:

14. Likes , Cayce liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

With one naked back heading into a cubicle to change and the other heading slowly out, Emily noticeably relaxes. Oh thank god no-one took me up on that. I'd have to stay in tonight. Urgh. "Alright. Just avoid the Hisil okay? It's a jungle in there. Catch you later!" She calls to Roach as she wanders out.

She shrugs at Tristan. "Okay, so I kinda panicked. This wasn't exactly my idea of an easy job! You're the Beta! Like, beat! Or whatever!" She grins, to show she's joking.

As Val comes back out, Emily smiles. "Food, okay? Well, there's a great Italian place a couple of blocks south of here." She shrugs. "Or there's a couple of takeout places next block up. I'll call you about the car. Should be able to get to work on it tomorrow." She smiles. "Nice to meet ya, Val. I'll see you around."

I'm good to wrap. Thanks everybody! And yes, I will be setting up another open social scene for the Wulf BBQ!
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

16. Likes , , Cayce liked this post

Half Moon Iminir
    (MD)
    Primal Urge
    Honor
    Wuffy Shrink

PRE

AWOOO!!!
    Dr. Valentina Queen, MD.

18. Likes , liked this post