Striking Looks
    (Nonpareil)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Mantle
    (Candlelight)
    Lucifer

Mask
    Lucifer's alien beauty is almost cruel, the eye moving uncomfortably from one monstrously perfect feature to the next.

Mien
    Lurking beneath the alien beauty of the mask is the echo of the grotesque. Cruel teeth hide behind plush lips, goat eyes glitter beneath long lashes, ears are twisted into points, with skin the color of curdled milk.

+2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

"You--" Lucifer sputtered, her eyes growing wide, "you-you think that this, this walking fucking shrubbery deserves the keys more than I do? How dare you!"

Her eyes practically bulged with rage, to have what she desired so close, literally within inches of her fingertips, and to have it plucked away so suddenly, and for so little reason! She would not let this stand, she would not let someone else toy with her like this, not again!

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-18 19:55:05 Lucifer rolls 1 die for initiative 8
    Lucifer is declaring SOCIAL COMBAT! Ingrid Rhodes See house rules here: http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Talk:Social_Combat
    Lucifer's Dominance = 15 (8+7)
    Guile = 3
    Nerve = 5
    Lucifer. Fairest: Shadowsoul/Illes, Pres 4 (Smoldering), SL 4 (Nonpareil), Distinctive Voice 2 (Disquieting). Autumn Mantle 1 (Candlelight reflecting in her eyes).
    Pledges: Dignitaries Vow

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, Xadun, liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes face is indecipherable, but he slowly reaches out and takes the offered keys. "Why Queen Ingrid, this is most gracious... I take it this will involve no small responsibility on my part...." He begins with a voice like honeyed silk, only to be overrulled by Lucifer's spluttering.

The Flowering's vivid eyes grow cold even through his well-held emotions and he observes the spark of flickering candlelight in the other Fairest's dark eyes. So. It must be the Mantle that swayed Queen Ingrid's mind. Not for the first time, Rhodes feels pride in his chilling aura as he pockets the keys. "Come now, Lucifer. None of us can help what our durance made us. Surely we can rise above petty, small-minded insults?"

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-19 03:59:28 Rhodes rolls 1 die for initiative 8

SOCIAL COMBAT!?! Neat. Let's do the thing.

Rhodes' Dominance = 14 (8 + 6)
    Guile = 3
    Nerve = 6

Fairly evenly matched, it would seem....
    Last edited by Rhodes; Jul 19th, 2018 at 04:24 AM.  Reason for Edit: tightening spaces.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

4. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lucifer's outburst washed over her like a crashing wave. It served to focus her attention and the Darkling turned, mouth still open. Her hand jerked back, involuntarily.

The Fairest looked terrible indeed with her enhanced beauty and her discordant voice. It might have been enough, at one time, but Ingrid owed it to Mhairi to anoint the best possible candidate for the Ashen Court.

Once the initial shock had passed, her eyes narrowed dangerously and she stepped up to the table.

"You talk the talk. Show me some Mantle, Courtier. You have none."

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-20 04:00:26 Ingrid for Dominance rolls 1 to Presence + Manipulation (5) (10 Again) 9 1 success

SOCIAL COMBAAAAT!

Ingrid's Dominance = 14 (5 + 9)
    Guile = 3
    Nerve = 6
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

6. Likes , Xadun liked this post

Distinctive Voice
    (Disquieting)
    Striking Looks
    (Nonpareil)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Mantle
    (Candlelight)
    Lucifer

Mask
    Lucifer's alien beauty is almost cruel, the eye moving uncomfortably from one monstrously perfect feature to the next.

Mien
    Lurking beneath the alien beauty of the mask is the echo of the grotesque. Cruel teeth hide behind plush lips, goat eyes glitter beneath long lashes, ears are twisted into points, with skin the color of curdled milk.

(Rawr!)Glamour 2 Willpower Spent
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Lucifer, the Morning Star, the Aspiring Queen and Shadowed Beauty drew herself to her full height, her arms rising as the shadows of her gown began to billow out, seething like a raging sea.

"You wish to taste of Fear, Queen of Spring?" she demanded, her capricorn eyes wide, lips peeled back from cruelly sharpened teeth. "You wish to know terror? I know secrets and terrors from beyond the Thorns that will eat your mind before you can comprehend them! Do not make me show you the meaning of nightmare!"

Her discordant voice rang out, as haunting as a wail echoing across the moors, as harsh as a steel blade scraping across stone.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-20 16:57:27 Lucifer rolls 14 to Fear me and despair! (Pres4+intimidation4+spec1+WP3+Glamour2) (9 Again, WillPower) 5, 1, 5, 2, 10, 3, 10, 6, 7, 9, 10, 7, 7, 3, 5, 4, 6, 1 4 successes

Intent: Terrify them into giving her the key! A rule by fear!
    Guile = 3
    Nerve = 5
    Ingrid
    Lucifer. Fairest: Shadowsoul/Illes, Pres 4 (Smoldering), SL 4 (Nonpareil), Distinctive Voice 2 (Disquieting). Autumn Mantle 1 (Candlelight reflecting in her eyes).

8. Likes Xadun, liked this post
    Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Terror? You know secrets of the Thorns! Big fucking wow! So do I! So do all of us here! Where do you think you are you little bitch? Mundyville! Bring it sister! I was made from a city of nightmares!"

Ingrid glared across the table, a stare so powerful and theatric that it contorted the lines of her entire face.

"I am the Director of this Freehold, girl! I am Vernal Sovereign. I was given control of these keys by the last Ashen Sovereign! My friend and motley mate! I don't need a pissant with no mantle telling me what to do!"

But her voice was quivering and as it grew, it took on a the shrill aspect of an old washerwoman. The sound drowned out the importance of her words.

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-21 17:21:26 Ingrid to bite back! rolls 11 to Manipulation + Intimidation + Spec + SL + Status + Equipment (10 Again) 3, 2, 7, 4, 1, 5, 9, 7, 7, 4, 4 1 success

Intent: Demonstrate her authority to give the keys to whomever she pleases.
    NOTE: +1 dice for Striking Looks
    NOTE: +2 dice for Status (1 from Freehold, 1 from Position)
    NOTE: =2 dice for Equipment (the keys)

I chose the +2 for the keys because they are of symbolic value to the entire conversation
    Guile = 3
    Nerve = 6

10. Likes Xadun, , Cayce liked this post
    Bump Cayce "Bump" this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

(Willpower!)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes watches as the Autumn lady draws herself up, screeching her accusations in an unnerving wail. The keeper of the keys retorts, but the quiver in her voice shows she is faltering. Around, he spots the eyes of others on the growing verbal joust. The Flowering Courtier takes a step towards Lucifer, passively, his mantle spreading a faint scent of pollen around the table.

"Lucifer, stop - please." His words ring out just as clear as hers, though lacking her supernatural edge. I need anyone listening to hear this, and after that performance we are hard to miss. "We do not know the nature of the gift, or the pledge. Holding the keys to an Ashen holding would warrant a pledge to ensure the Ashen Court embodies all it's qualities. If the former Autumn Queen held this to be by Mantle, then Queen Ingrid would break her pledge by handing you those keys. The consequences for a Courtly hold are unlikely to be trivial." The Courtier looks back and forth between the women.

"With the embodiment of Autumn comes the responsibility of its duties. If that is the choice of the holder of the pledge, would you demand a Courtly Queen to break that word, the words our own Court watches so keenly for flaws and errors?" His voice is far more questioning than accusatory, as if swaying all nearby to follow the logic.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-22 05:49:27 Rhodes rolls 12 to Rational argument! Manipulation + Persuade + Spec + Mantle (9 Again, WillPower) 9, 1, 1, 2, 6, 3, 5, 5, 5, 7, 6, 4, 10, 2 2 successes

Intent: To demonstrate importance of superior Mantle to win the keys! A true Lord of Autumn.

NOTE: +1 for Specialization from Hedgespun coat
    NOTE: +2 dice for Autumn Mantle
    NOTE: 9-again from Flowering

Rhodes' Dominance = 14 (6 + 8)
    Guile = 3
    Nerve = 6

I had to reroll after I added my WP twice (didn't realise the tickbox added the 3 dice as well), and of course the real roll came up much worse! Only 1 success after Guile - I guess reason has no use any more...
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

0 Scenes

Round 1 goes to Lucifer
    Ingrid and Rhodes will loose 4 Nerve

Distinctive Voice
    (Disquieting)
    Striking Looks
    (Nonpareil)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Mantle
    (Candlelight)
    Lucifer

Mask

Mien

(Fear her and despair!)Glamour 2 Spent
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

"You will not have a Dread Lord, but a Queen," Lucifer declared, her gown billowing as though caught in a hurricane wind, her voice as piercing as silver wrought thorns, as inexorable as the crash of the tide against the shore. The candlelight danced fiercely across her alien, capricorn eyes, as though her form could barely contain her fury.

"You cannot fathom what secrets I know, what mysteries I hide that are as beautiful and terrible as the ends of this earth! Give me the keys lest you wish for this Freehold to drown within your own spite and weakness!"

8 successes before Guile
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-22 22:25:40 Lucifer rolls 13 to Tremble and Despair! (pres4+intim4+spec1+mantle1+hedgespun1+glam2) (9 Again) 5, 6, 7, 3, 8, 4, 9, 4, 9, 10, 9, 1, 9, 3, 9, 10, 5, 6, 2, 1 8 successes

Intent: Terrify them into giving her the key! A rule by fear!
    Guile = 3
    Nerve = 5 Ingrid

Notes: +1 intim from Hedgespun gown, +1 from autumn mantle, 9 again from Shadowsoul, glamour + from Fairest

14. Likes Origins, Xadun, liked this post
    W
    Wolfgang

From his corner and his plate of free food and beer, Wolfgang sticks whistles with a thumb and a finger in his mouth, and then applauds the throwdown.

Dinner and a show!

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

(WP for all out war!)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was no denying the Ashen Courtier's theatrics. They worked. Ingrid shook as the tidal wave washed over her. Her nerve almost broke there and then.

But still, the Darkling clung tenaciously on.

Her face, showing surprise, slowly shifted into a mocking smirk as silence paused around the table. It was not a nice smile. It was condescending. It was bitter. It was knowing. As if the Darkling took stock before she opened her mouth again.

And open it she did, muscling forward, leaning on the table. Plates, cutlery, and sweet meats clattered to the floor as she swept an arm derisively in front of her.

"See here the Autumn Queen. All thunder and fury. I think yelling will work on trolls but it won't work on me. You claim you know secrets! Well where is your Mantle, then? I call bull shit when I see it! I call a fake when I see one! And you are a fake. Fake! Fake! Fake! You're a phoney! A pale echo of terror! All wind! All bluff! You act all regal but your just a shit scared baby with the Thorns still stuck to your clothes! You think that because you're one of the Gentry's favourites you get a free pass? Just because! You don't! And you never will! Not while I'm around! Not while I am Director of this Freehold! Don't think I'm not wise to your tricks!"

Fire and thunder; cold words delivered calmly. Words that built to a crescendo. And writ on her face, pure scorn.

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-25 03:42:19 Ingrid to be nasty! And burn bridges! rolls 19 to Manipulation + Empathy + SL + Status + Equipment + Salt the Earth (10 Again, WillPower) 3, 10, 5, 6, 6, 2, 2, 10, 4, 5, 8, 4, 1, 9, 1, 3, 3, 7, 7, 8, 3 5 successes

Intent: Loudly seed doubt in Lucifer's ability and insinuate she may be of Loyalist sympathies
    NOTE: +1 dice for Striking Looks
    NOTE: +2 dice for Status (1 from Freehold, 1 from Position)
    NOTE: =2 dice for Equipment (the keys)

I chose the +2 for the keys because they are of symbolic value to the entire conversation
    Guile = 3
    Nerve = 1/6
    NOTE: Ingrid has used the Social Combat Maneuver: Salt the Earth by insinuating Loyalist sympathies in front of the entire Freehold.

17. Likes Origins, Cayce, , Xadun liked this post
    Bump Cayce "Bump" this post
Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread