Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist let the ebb and flow of the crowd draw her close enough to the duo so that she could just make out the words exchanged. She suppressed the urge to smile at the realization that Krieg and not the unknown had spotted/recognized her.

The lack of retreat from her approach was a good indicator that she hadn’t stumbled across Krieg doing something he ought not to be. New and acknowledged did not automatically mean upstanding and respectable. But that he hadn’t waved her over or even tipped off the other to her presence was also a sign that he was content with her stealth position.

Well- she was comfortable in that position. She would linger in the shadows, eavesdropping on what she could while he was the face for the interaction.

Because this close to them she had been able to fully confirm her earlier hunch. The man with the ‘dog’ was unknown. Unacknowledged. And yet still here in Sacramento. In her city.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    K
    Krieg

Krieg's suspicions were confirmed. "It obviously works quite well," he nodded. The Haunt raised a hand to his own chin, stroking his beard thoughtfully. "So, how long have you been in town?" With Twist nearby, he felt more at ease asking such a probing question.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"A month, maybe more." The stunted little man hissed through his teeth. He turned, exchanged pleasantries with some passing Kine, then returned to Krieg. "Got me a place in Roseville. Head guy lets me hang around."

The glare glance he shared with the quiet giant was meant for them alone.

From where Twist hovered, she could also make out the metaphorical weight of that stare.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Head guy.

Last head guy had been Asa. And no matter what calendar you used, it had been longer than a month that it was so.

Brushing off the touch of a kine she shook her head. Easily read to outsiders as a reaction to the handsy kine (staying still made it harder to avoid looks and touchesgropes) for Krieg it was meant to be a clear sign of denial.

Whoever this man had permission from, it wasn’t the true authority of Sacramento.

But who was it?

K
    Krieg

"Good to know," he nodded. He leaned at the waist, affecting an in-joke being shared. "Might I ask a favor? I'm not familiar with the head guy."

The head gal, he knew quite well.

"Think you can set me up with him? I don't want to step on any toes, ya know? I don't wanna get caught up in the wrong part of town without permission."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"Oh I don't know. That might be tough." The stunted man whistled through his teeth as if he were deep in thought. He made a show of turning and listening to some of the Kine but his eyes slid back to Krieg and stayed fastened on the giant.

"The head guy holds court at the same spot. So we got a whole neutral territory kinda vibe on the place. Don't call it a favour - I don't exactly have his number and all that. I just know where to go."

The pause underlined his words.

"Head out to Roseville... Or Citrus Heights more like. Just beyond the rail yards there... There's an industrial site, maybe a gas works or something? Atkinson street next to the overpass. You'll know the place - dry creek is just south of it. He hangs out there when he wants to be seen. Which is, like, usually a Saturday night. Calls himself Saul. Kinda hard to miss, you know? Powerful presence, if you know what I mean."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist worked to keep her face neutral as the small intruder spoke.

Sacramento was big. And the true court of Sacramento was not. Knowing why and how it happened though didn't make her feel better though. Her fingers itched for steel between fingertips and her beast hissed for blood to taste. That would show them wouldn't it? That Sacramento still had a Prince and Kindred willing to defend the claim.

It would... but it would also notify this usurper. Perhaps he would learn and flee, but maybe he wouldn't. Maybe he would raise what followers he had and bring them against Alessandra. And how many did he have in his court? How long had he been here to set one up? This weakling thing said he was powerful- how powerful? And was he the only one?

No. As much as she wanted his death, knew he deserved death for his poaching on Alessandra's ground, they needed intel first. And intel was best gathered before the fighting began.

So the steel remained sheathed and she waited to see if Kreig would reach the same conclusion as her. Let this man live today to find his Head Guy first. Then, maybe then, they would come back for him and offer him the chance to swear fealty to the true Prince of Sacramento. Because after all... the true court of Sacramento was small. For now.

9. Likes liked this post
    K
    Krieg

"Alright, I'm trying to commit this to memory." He raised his hands to the temples of his head. "Go to rail yards, checkout the industrial area near Roseville and Citrus Heights. Head on over to Atkinson Steet, next to the overpass. Dry creek to the south." He repeated the name for Twist to hear.

"I appreciate it, thanks. I hope to meet Saul, soon." He smiled, extending a gloved hand to shake, "Call me Karl, with a K. Looking forward to working with you."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"Buster."

The stunted man took Kreig Karl's hand in a firm grip.

There was no more time after that exchange. The contestant's lead their animals into the ring. The hungry Kine surged in frenzied anticipation of the blood letting.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist gives a small nod, an indication of hearing and slips back away from the edge of the ring. Whatever interest she had had in the dog fight had been supplanted by the fact that Alessandra and her Court had a rival in town.

Moving backward was easier than forward and it was with ease that she found space and somewhat concealing darkness, her eyes scanning the area for where Kreig had been and where she guessed he would move to. It was time for them to talk.

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread