Ended
Watch

Here There Be Lions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    A
    Alexander Brown

"Yes, we'll see..." Alex echoes Lev's words "but if you don't mind me asking... who is this Big Ben to you? What obligations towards him did you have?"

The mans asks his question, and the answer comes immediately after that "Yes, I think you should. It won't be hard to find them, at the park or at the Note." A beat. "And nothing happened to Spring - there's currently three of them, Seraphina, Brigid, and Ingrid, their Queen. They are not represented in the freehold's leadership, but I'm sure they'd love a chat - like most Springs they like meeting new people." It's kind of an assumption on his end, but it's a pretty safe one.

Pleased with the honesty of Lev's words when he promises to try and keep the community safe, a reply is the most natural and easy thing for Alexander to form: "No, nothing else. I think I took up enough of your time already." He clears throat, dons his deeper tone of an official. "Lev, I name you a member of the Freehold of Sacramento. May it be kind and generous to you. And may God have mercy upon you if you betray its trust." As the last word dies away, so does the tone, and it's back to normal now.

"Well, the Haunted House used to be a boarding house for new arrivals. I suppose there are some bedrolls and space in the storage area." He falls silent for a long moment. "But it's also Autumn Commons now, so you can expect weird magic and you'd have to ask the Queen for permission." There's that silence again. "Thats's why" he continues, reaching out for his cellphone and tapping on the screen as he speaks "I'm booking you a motel. It's called 'The Open Arms'. Nothing fancy, but will do until we figure out something more permanent. Tell them I sent you and they won't ask any questions." He hides the cell away when he's done. "And I'd appreciate if you could keep this ust between us. I don't want anyone to think I'm playing favourites." He smiles, chuckles. "Although I have a feeling we will get along very well."

Lev is now a member and can raise his venue Status to 1! Feel free to end with your post and thanks for the Scene!

L
    Lev

“Big B is a friend. When we were… back when… I was not even as I am now. More of an animal. When the revolt began, Ben pulled me out of the Hedge. I don’t think I’d find my way back home on my own. It’s clear that you’ve never met. You’d remember him, I’m sure. Big guy, British accent, stone-like skin, and named Ben to boot. And as for my obligations - after we left the… returned, I promised Ben I’d help him with anything in return. Turned out not a lot of time had passed for the ones that stayed, and Ben had problems. A lot of problems. We solved said problems. My debt was repaid. Let’s leave it at that.”

Lev sighed. It wasn’t hard to guess he was not very proud of what he had to do, but also glad, that he’s done it and is done with it.

After being pronounced a member of the Freehold, the Beast got a warm fuzzy feeling. He’s a part of something again. That felt real good. And then another batch of good news dropped. He was safe from spending the night in the streets.

“You’ve done me a solid, man. Much obliged. I’ll ask them to run a tab, and will repay everything as soon as I have some money in my pocket. Big Ben said you were good people here, and he did not lie. But I feel I’ve also taken a lot of your time. You do look like a man who works fourteen hours a day. Say what, I’ll show up tomorrow at, what, eight… When does with place opens for business? And we’ll iron out the details about that job, OK? Oh, and also, as soon as I get a cell, I’ll be sure to drop you the number.”

Lev extended his hand for farewell handshake, big Brown a good evening, and departed. There was a lot more spring in his step now. Things started to look up. He had a place to stay. He’ll definitely have a job tomorrow. Something simple and intuitive, like park security. And today he met two Changelings, who were not douche bags. Good times.

Thanks for the scene. Feel free to close the thread. And I've at last done it. Posted form a wrong account, sorry.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.