Quick grins, and in that moment the two of them share in their mirth. Alexander is pleased by the answer given. Even if the Elemental was saying what he thought the Groundskeeper wanted to hear, it still showed the ability to adapt and conform to the needs of the general community. Very good indeed.

"And you learn fast, too! Keep it that way and I'm sure your talents will be appreciated. Personally, I can't wait to see you in action."

His next statement worries him a little, though. There's no "normal" for them anymore, at least not how it was Before. They crossed that line and best they could do was to accept their inhumanity. And make the fuckers responsible pay. Granted, the strive for such grand goal can lead a man to excellence, but like with Icarus who got too close to the Sun, it must eventually end in pain and death. He hopes Quick realizes this before it is too late - for him, and for them. A thoughtful, acknowledging nod is given as the Lightning finishes.

"I think I've heard all that I needed to. Quick, I formally decree you a member of the club. May it be kind and generous to you. And may God have mercy on you if you betray its trust."

With that, Alexander gives his farewells and extends his hand for a shake. The prologue for this story has been written.

"What will the next chapters bring?" he wonders.

End Scene! Thanks a lot! Quick can now up his Status to 1!