Ended
Watch

When Night Falls, Burglars Enter

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    W
    Woland

The control room had no windows besides to big one, overlooking the entire arena, so the only light source in it was a ceiling lamp. It didn't make reading the Wizened any easier, as he leaned on the wall. It could be a gesture devoid of any deeper meaning, simply a mean to keep oneself comfortable. Or, it could be a sign of irritation, tiredness, impatience. On one hand, this was understandable - these particular Lost were not ordinarily cut out as social butterflies, and it was almost midnight now.

On the other hand, though... uh, rude.

"I see. You were your own boss, then. I respect that. But tell me, did you leave any loose ends back in San Jose? Concerned family, close friends, creditors? An evil twin, perhaps?" He then realized that he didn't brief Otto on the clubspeak thing here. However, like Mhairi and Sasha had said, it's common sense more than anything else. Still. "I'm sorry, you will realize that when in public we require using code words, like the one you've heard now. I'm sure you had something similar in San Jose, no?"

A mischievous idea pops into his mind. Let's put this one a little off-balance!

"Where do you see yourself in three months?"

Closing statements in, please!

O
    Otto Cash

Otto shrug. "Nothing that would bite me and the others here. My twin - and yeah, we knew how to speak Muggle - can have it all, for all I care, let it bite him."

At the last question, Otto tilted his head, scratched his nape once again and took a looong look at the Groundkeeper. Was he serious, or just joking. Well, the joke was of poor quality. "Here. Did I pass? Or are you going to call within two weeks?" The snark in the voice could be heard by a deaf person. "I really hope it's not two weeks." The guy does look and sound tired.

A
    Alexander Brown

The tiredness of the newest member of the Summer Court of Sacramento is now apparent for anyone to see. And hear, for he is not even remotely trying to hide that he'd rather be anywhere else. Alexander is relieved that there are no troubling connections to the Larcenist. The last thing they need is gangs or hitmen knocking on the gates.

He scoffs at the mention of "passing". This is not an exam, for goodness' sake!

"Yes, I formally decree you a member of the Sacramento Freehold. May it be kind and generous to you. And may God have mercy on you if you betray its trust."

Assuming there is nothing more to be said and done, both Lost leave the High Striker, making sure all the lights are out. They walk in complete silence, and Alexander can't help but wonder what will become of the newest of arrivals. When outside the main gate, they part ways with a farewell, stars being their only witnesses.

End Scene! Otto is now a Status 1 member of the 'hold. TBC in another thread, after finishing Papers, Please!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.