Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1703) Twist, Marvyn, Vivian

THREADID
    V
    Vivian York

That man seem well kept, which didn't always mean Invictus, but at least he wasn't some stray they'd have to comb for their Family. Those who were 'accidents' were the worst to cultivate.

"Please to meet you Mister Stax." No question in her wording, but she did eyeball Twist for a moment. "Begging your pardon, but where are you most recently from?"

"The Duchess would be much better at answering that question as I've only heard bits and pieces of the past Princes in Sacramento."

"Has our Prince ever poses for a painting?" She grinned curiously at the Archon a slight glance to Asa, trying to picture him posing. She presumed he could remain stoic for long periods of time for no reason whatsoever, despite how congenial he usually was.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"Duchess?"

Stax's smile became more natural... and more formal. He inclined his head again, this time in respect for her rank. As he lifted his head his eyes slid between Twist and Vivian again.

"That would be San Francisco. Political reasons," he added quickly. "I have debts to repay. So. Here I am."

Five days until this closes!

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Marvyn Stax. Twist knew that name, though she definitely didn't know the man standing before her. Thinking for a moment she finally recalled the letter delivered to her sometime back in which his name was first introduced to her.

Twist dipped her head, confirming the title. "Alder Twist, Duchess Sacramento and Royal Hound of His Majesty, Prince Clarke. And this," she motioned to Vivian York "is Madam Vivian York, Daeva Whip. I am glad that we finally have a chance to meet face to face. Reeve Antinori has told me of your presence and reasons for being in the city."

Twist did not look at the pieces that dominated the center of the room. "Interesting. Yes, I suppose the collection could be described as such" she said her voice neutral. "I am not entirely certain that this is what type of show I would prefer to be the first for a Librettest new to the city, but it is definitely a provoking one."

Twist laughed lightly, breaking her own mood, "As far as I am aware, no Seneschal has asked the Prince for an official portrait."
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

Ooo my my, I'm a Madame now. She couldn't help but beam externally. Titles, they seemed fun, like new shoes.

"Has there ever been anyone in the city who could do the Prince's portrait. Kindred that is. I'm sure finding a wonderful artist would be easy to do who is Kine." But, Vivian suspected he had his reasons. "I have a mind to ask His Majesty sometime. Not that I could offer to do it."

Her poor Daeva mind now was spinning with ideas. Damn her for loving the stuff that people fight wars over, yet she had no talent other than her tongue.

"So, you didn't go far away from San Francisco." She paused, the word 'debts' rang in her head. "Will your debts follow you to Sacramento?"

It was a viable security question, despite that she wasn't anywhere near involved in security.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"I do doubt it. Rather... My debts are here, hence the move. I am where I need to be; when I need to be; so that my debts can be more easily repaid."

Stax smiled, his eyes wary.

"It is a deeply fascinating show, Your Grace. There are some fine works here and there is at least one I would surely like to take a deeper look at. The portraits are... I would say unique. I haven't heard of anything similar elsewhere."

He paused, quietly shifting on his feet. A sudden smile teased at his lips moments before the delicious liberty of engaging the Duchess in further conversation.

"If I may ask, what type of show would Your Grace prefer as an introduction for a Librettist?"

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist pondered the question for a moment, then shakes her head slowly "We have had a number of Kindred who have pursued the arts but none in recent days that have done so with paintings."

Twist forces a smile, "I do not know how long this ... show, will be on display so I would encourage you to enjoy it while you can."

Sensing an opportunity to shift the conversation she relaxed slightly, her smile coming easier. "I am biased of course to my own theater productions. To which you are of course welcome to see."

Twist turned slightly to Vivian, "As a Librettist, Mister Stax is professional when it comes to the world of arts and entertainment. While we have had no lack of Invictus who pursue such matters, I do not believe we have had one with the prestige of the title." Twist hoped she didn't sound condescending. Aside from knowing Vivian had been interested in the covenant, she didn't know how much she had been told about the more minute details. Such as the ever present and dreaded titles.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

9. Likes West liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

The way Marvyn worded his answer about debts seemed final, for now. He only made Vivian more curious the way he phrased it, but with a finality about it. Don't worry, it is in my mind palace now...

The information was valuable to Vivian being a Daeva and a newly made member of the First Estate. "Wow, that is fascinating, and a privilege nonetheless."

"When does the next show begin?" Although, she was pretty certain that the Invictus decorum was a prelude to something to come.

"Do you have any questions regarding the Daeva of Sacramento, Mister Stax?" Her tone was lighthearted, not trying to pull back to business too much. If he was like the rest of her family, the businessy things were droll.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Stax allowed himself a small smile at the compliment. His face turned inquisitively back to Twist once she indicated she had her own theatre.

"I'd like that," he murmured.

Turning to Vivian: "Who else shares our Blood?" His speech carried the implication he knew the answer.

"Is there anything I could do for either of you in the meantime?"

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.