Ended
Watch

(1612) Bea and Will

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    R
    Rilebre

"They are not the same, true, but preserving power grants the ability to control predation, does it not? While it might not be their primary concern, it is something they gladly control." Like just about every other aspect of society. But Will didn't feel the need to add what he suspected Bea already felt. "But I'm practically repeating your own sentiment, aren't I? It is a side benefit, but in my experience many members of the Vic join for those side benefits. Maybe that's too cynical?"

Bea was certainly opinionated about Kine politics. He wondered when he, himself, had started to feel removed from that society. Maybe when he realized he would outlive them all? He was getting jaded.

"Well, Marx crafted theory and look how that worked out. Communism is beautiful on paper, but when it was put into practice much the same happened as this country. Lies. Greed. Theory is important, and it shouldn't be ignored but the practices that stem from theory are what need our full attention."

Bea
    Bea

PRE

"Ah, now that is something I can fully agree with," Bea admitted, offering the Doctor a handshake for the first time.

"We'll have to discuss practices, but perhaps some other time. For now, why don't you tell me more about who you've approached. I'd like to take another crack at them, if you don't mind. With another angle of attack, of course."
    Bea ("Bee"). Daeva, Carthian Movement. Pres 2 (Unimpressed).

R
    Rilebre

He gladly shook the offered hand, and nodded at her question.

"Well, first there was Alice, Henri, and Myriam. Henri was perhaps the most receptive, but the latter two have both left the domain. Then, Jesse and Jacob. Jesse was outright uninterested, and Jacob considers his obligations to Ordo Dracul too important. And finally there was Ale. Though she seems like the open minded type who would be perfect for the Movement she is a member of the Invictus. And the new Reeve."

He shrugs his shoulders. "I hadn't heard Ale was a member of the Vic when I spoke to her. I think for many members of the domain it's just implied." He says with a sardonic grin.

Bea
    Bea

PRE

"So Jesse is our best option," Bea declared with a confident nod. Sure, William had just said that he was uninterested, but that was because he hadn't yet heard Bea's pitch. And it was a damn fine pitch. One that she knew he wouldn't be able to pass up.

"I'll have to track him down some night, talk to him in private. Then, well, then I guess we'll see where we're at, won't we?"
    she finished with a cocky smile. "That is, unless you had any other plans you wanted to discuss? Or any other questions?"

5. Likes liked this post
    R
    Rilebre

"Good luck," He grinned back at her.

"Questions? No, I think we're good for now. If there are more of us we might need to hash some more things out, but for now I think the two of us are fine operating as we are."

"Unless of course there's something you'd like to cooperate on?"

Bea
    Bea

PRE

"I don't have anything in motion, yet," Bea replied with a small shake of her head, "but I'll be in touch. It was a pleasure to meet you, Doctor," she concluded, offering her hand once again.

Hugh Everwood

PRE

Jesse came over to the two Carthians as they seemed to be closing their not exactly all too private rebel meeting. They were rebels, weren't they? Always the impression he got from the Movement.

"Hello there you two. Heard my name a couple of times, figured I might just come over and hear what gossip was being shared about me without no politeness to do it straight to my face to milk it for all its worth." He spoke when he was close enough, smiling friendly. Then he gave a small shrug, straightening his stance a little.

This was official business. Sort of. Being a messenger and all. Important, it was.

"Actually, didn't come over for that, I've got a message from His Grace to you, Doctor Matheson." William seemed to care for being called a doctor, might make him feel better for what he was about to tell him.

"Our Prince could not help but overhear your conversation — and, a little tip from me, Court ain't the best place to have such conversations at all," he glanced at Bea and William. The prince took only offense with the doctor's words, so let's get this over with. "Back to the message: Our Prince did not appreciate your negative opinions about his 'whims' and 'the Vic', deeming them not polite conversation to be had at all, seeing as he's the host. This making you not a polite guest, he ain't seeing reason why he should be hosting you. To quote him on the following instead of just me going to paraphrase it: 'To wit, that you are confined to the Barrens and exiled from Elysium until you prove to have some actual worth — beyond the average, opinionated neonate lacking even the good sense to mind their manners — by assisting the Reeve."

Jesse delivered the message looking directly at William, then gave a shrug as if to say 'don't you go and shoot the messenger none'. Considering Jesse's memory, it wasn't exactly hard to quote the Prince on the matter. Could have gone and quoted the whole thing, but the last part sounded far too official to go and butcher with his speech.

Bandage off. Whiskey poured over. All done.

Well, part one.

Part two would likely be taken care of after the Court. Didn't want to go and break up the womenfolk in their chat any. Would be rude, unlike here where it sort of came over as a matter of getting barren-ed or facing whatever Asa would otherwise had in store for the doctor.

Bea
    Bea

PRE

"Just to be clear," Bea piped up, "this censure is only directed towards the Doctor, correct?"

An insensitive question, but a very, very important one nonetheless.

"If so," she added, "then you and I should talk, Jesse. I'll make it worth your time, don't worry."

10. Likes West, liked this post

Hugh Everwood

PRE

Jesse looked over at Bea when she asked her question, giving a thoughtful noise as if he actually needed to make sure he hadn't mentioned Bea somewhere in there as well.

He didn't, not really. Even without his memory as it was, Jesse didn't much need thinking about delivering the message wrong when it came from the prince himself.

Best way to get banished to the barrens as well.

"Yep," Jesse made that 'p' pop, "only spoke about 'Mister Matheson' here. Didn't mention you any." Didn't seem like Bea said anything that Asa took as much offense as whatever William said. Might just have been more careful about how she worded herself.

Tough luck to go running one's mouth wild when ears were listening in from everywhere.

At her suggestion they should talk, Jesse went and narrowed his eyes at her even while smiling. "Is that right?" He drawled his question, looking less suspicious and just a mite more curious. "Wonder just what you would want to talk about with me." Even though he could very well guess what it was abou. Would explain why his name was mentioned before. Trying to recruit him to the Movement.

Figured William might have gone mentioned his disinterest, so whatever angle she was thinking to have could be interesting to hear at the very least.

He glanced at William, then back at Bea and nodded. "Sure. Went and gave my message, so we can talk."

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.