Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
211 - 220
DISPLAYED
This is all new.

Page 22 of 22 First ... 12 18 19 20 21 22

"Yeah, course dude. Did you want mine?" Tim had already started to jot down his own number, just in case Nightfall wanted to be buddies.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Yeah, sure, that works better. I'm, uh, not always at work," Nightfall replied. Privately he was thrilled at the suggestion, and being able to dodge giving his number out. He had immediately regretted offering it, and this worked out perfectly.

He looked at the others, wondering if any of them were any good at Pledgecraft, to 'help' out their new buddy.

PRE

As it happens, Derek just doesn't trust this fellow, and though nothing was said between them, his mind was working along the same lines as Nightfall's.

"So, Tim... for the next couple weeks, you're willing to look into this, do your best to figure out what's going on here, right? You do what you can to clear this up, let Nightfall know what you find out, and we agree to keep quiet about your sweet deal you've got going on here so long as you're doing your part. We all get something out of keeping the deal, and lose something if we break the deal. Shake on it?"

Pledge?

Tim holds out his hand willingly.

"Yeah, sure thing dude. All I ask is for help being able to notice small details easier over the next moon." He shrugs. "I'm not very observant sometimes and two weeks might not be long enough."

Tim's offer

PRE

"I can shake on that," Derek says, nodding. "How about the rest of you?"

Q

Matteo Guarnaschelli

Presence 3 (Artsy)
    Blood Potency 1

Mortal Status:
    Culture 1 (Musician)

Vampire Status:
    Invictus 2
    Nosferatu 1

"Fine by me." Arthur nods, then offers his own hand.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Cool, cool," Nightfall said. "I'm good on your word, though..."

At least, he was now, that Tim was binding himself to the others, which gave Nightfall a chance to dodge the Pledge himself.

It wasn't that he didn't trust them all... it just... bothered him. Whatever else they might be, they were still shackles, made of the same stuff that bound and twisted him before.

He tried not to give a slight shiver, and spoke to cover his avoidance, "So... who's got a camera?"

Just waiting for Maj and then we'll wrap this scene up

Atlas nods. "I trust you guys," he says. "Besides, as I see it, if someone doesn't hold up their end, I'll hear about it, then I gotta come... talk... to the individual." He stresses the word "talk" by clenching his left fist, knuckles popping.

It probably doesn't occur to those gathered here (after all, Enzo and Erica left earlier, and they knew him best) that he had been stressing just how new things were to him, and how he had been living without any knowledge of Changeling society in the six years since he returned. But for Atlas, well... pledges were still made the old fashioned way, with old fashioned fall-out if you bitched out on your end.

End Scene.

Page 22 of 22 First ... 12 18 19 20 21 22
Closed Thread