Watch

(1610) Henri, Ale and Victoria

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    Striking Looks •••• (Intense Gaze, Stunning)
    BP •••
    Status (Invictus): ••
    Status (Domain): ••••

+2
    SL
    PRE

With business concluded Victoria had spent her time to herself, keeping an eye on others and conversations. She was beginning to feel like a hermit lately and decided that she should really be more sociable when the new kindred approached her.

"Why thank you Mr. Jones," she said with a smile. "A lady certainly appreciates when the effort she puts in is recognized. It is a pity about the timing, but there will be other events to look forward to I'm sure. The formal courts every quarter have a tenancy to be themed. I hope that the evening was an enjoyable one for you despite the late arrival."

When the man first arrived she certainly hadn't expected shadow, but when he sought out the mekhet priscus she was surprised yet hid it well. The city certainly tended to draw attractive kindred like a bee to nectar. Only time would tell how well he worked out.

2. Likes liked this post

Hugh Everwood

PRE

Jesse was pleased to find Victoria willing to chat, and as far as first impressions went pleasant. One could never know, people with titles often let them go to their head, especially among the Kindred. He'd seen it often enough, and he'd pay respect where respect was due. He'd see how it'd continue over the time spend in this Domain.

"As well as any lady should," Jesse noted with a light nod, "reaping the compliments such effort brings with it."

It was good to know that there might be other themed events in the future, though they would be announced properly beforehand, no doubt, so he'd have enough time to figure out what to wear at the time.

He glanced around the place only for a moment before his eyes settled back on her. "Damn sham it was, but just will make sure to arrive in a timely fashion next time. Can't complain about the evening, and doubt there will come up much anymore to make it not so." He grinned. "And there might just be a chance to make up for coming dressed out of theme at the next themed court. Hope your evening has gone much to your liking as well?"

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    Striking Looks •••• (Intense Gaze, Stunning)
    BP •••
    Status (Invictus): ••
    Status (Domain): ••••

+2
    SL
    PRE

As the conversation went on she was cautiously optimistic of the new arrival, for he seemed a pleasant enough sort. They could certainly use more capable individuals after the recent departures. This was a city in greater flux than she remembered, which made even a social life rather challenging at times, let alone running the place.

The ventrue considered the man's words for a moment before replying.

"Overall I think it went rather well," she said finally with a nod. "Several new faces and so far no one was staked or destroyed."

She said the part about destruction and staking as if they were common occurrences for the city. In a way it could be, but it seemed to come in cycles.

"There will be plenty of opportunity in the future for participating, it does help beat the monotony of the regular nightly gatherings." She looked down at her watch and frowned. "I'm afraid it is getting rather late, and as much as I would love for us to continue to get to know one another, we will have to postpone until another evening. I hope that the conclusion of the evening treats you well."

Hugh Everwood

PRE

"Sounds like a evening gone well," Jesse agreed. Staking and final deaths at the Court never went over well, Kindred got their feathers into a ruffle, one looked funny at another, and BAM — got yourself a whole room full of annoyed Kindred.

There usually was also a lot of shouting, with a tense air around that ruined just everything.

Jesse wasn't surprised when she voiced having to leave, accepting it with an easy smile. "That's quite alright, got no trouble with picking up another evening, Lady Stamford," he said, giving her a polite and little deeper nod, "I'm sure the evening won't disappoint me none, it's been treating me kindly so far. Hope you're having a splendid time yourself.."

Once again, Jesse would allow his speaking partner to leave first than run off himself. Perhaps it would be best to call it a night himself, there'd be other times to socialize with his kind.

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread