DISPLAYED
(16 AE) The Royal Gathering

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

And since when, exactly, did the challenger get to dictate the terms of a Duel?

"I reject your so called challenge." Bronson smirks at the puffed up penguin and his wounded pride. "And I'm sure the entire Freehold is as pleased as I am to know that when you encounter something you think is a threat to their safety then your first instinct is to seize the moral high ground and let it live. Is that a general policy stance you have or does it only apply to the Lost who don't crawl for your approval?"

"Because," Bronson continues unflinchingly in the face of Rick's Mantle, "whether you like it or not, I am the current Spring Monarch. You may find the idea of a Spring Monarch who stammers and blushes and can't hold up their end of a conversation when they are faced with a beautiful woman to be more palatable to your schemes. I'm quite sure you would be able to huff and puff and cow them to your will. I wonder though, if he had to negotiate with one of the Gentry to protect the Freehold, would he be able to do his job? Would you step in to magnanimously do so on his behalf, or offer him up as a sacrificial goat to distract them?"

"So now you're faced with a choice, O King." And Bronson's voice just drips with scorn as he gives the assumed title. "You can either accept my Oath to the Freehold and have another season with a Spring monarch on hand, at the cost of your friends and associates knowing that you flinched when you came up against me. Or you can ask me to leave this charming gathering and then explain to your subjects why your pride was worth more to you than their safety."
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

2. Likes liked this post

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

"That's what I thought," Bronson says disdainfully towards Rick's constipated silence.

And his scorn washes away, leaving his face sporting an easy smile, as if nothing untoward had gone between him and this lame duck of a monarch. "Green, thank you for entertaining conversation. Don't worry Nathan, everything is forgiven. I hope you both have a nice evening." Bronson sketches a mocking bow to the two silent monarchs, before withdrawing.

It's been 48 hours since I posted and the scene is getting long in the tooth. Bronson withdraws to another conversation.
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

4. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

The mountain's head pivots slowly on its great neck. He says nothing about the altercation.

"I said I was going for a beer," he rumbles.

Green moves to the Food and Booze Table.

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Things had gotten uncomfortable for a moment. The Hunterheart didn't care for discomfort.

"I... should go grab something as well," he said, joining the great migration by going after Green. Before leaving, he shoots a look to Rick and L'aire and nods in the monarchs' general direction.

Nathan goes with Green to the table.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread