Ended
Watch

Post Summertime Blues at the Asylum

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    s
    sumthingpositiv

Smirking, but not in a jovial way, Katya says "And i stripped naked just to let my Demon take over and back away from the house rather than help David rescue the man inside. All that matters, was that you stayed, planting your feet firmly in the ground and providing a stable foundation for your devotion to this domain and the Dark Mother. Even if it was not the outcome you had imagined, now you know, and if something similar happens again you have this experience to reflect on to make a different choice."

Katya's hand does not pull away when touching Alice's, instead she keeps it on her shoulder as she adds, "That is good to view it as comfort, even if it wasn't related, see this as a potential for change, an evolution for your sense of self as you view the world through a different lens."She listens to Alice open up about her first time feeding and her lament over the change in her relationship to the universe. "You might not be able to see the universe with your eyes, but i think that is a good sign of your next challenge. Find your way into seeing Astraeus' power again."

she turns away from alice for a moment as she thinks about her role in all of this. "I would recommend meditating on this at the crone farm, but i'm not comfortable having you there until I'm certain it's been clear of all danger from the Brood, something I'll have to check first. In the mean time though, how can I help you in your journey towards finding Astraeus again? We talked once before about training you in more assertiveness, is that still the case or is there something different you'd like to focus on? I think it's safe to say that David might be out of commission as he heals, but that doens't mean I cannot guide you through this new path along with Constable Cross."

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

With all of her own troubles, Alice had forgotten that, she nods, taking her words as the encouragement intended. "I didn't want to dive for the cars and speed away. I promised I'd stay. Regent Gilroy," she purposefully fails to use the High Worm's new tittle, "Expected his orders carried out. I...didn't want to not be there....for you, for him..."

"It's already started changing me...I know that I won't let other people, kindred and kine alike's appearance intimidate me any more," she says, trying to a touch of levity.

When Katya doesn't full her hand away, the doll pats the hand resting on her shoulder before pulling hers away, and back into her lap. "I will." she nods, "Continuing my Requiem with different shoes, to see my world in sound and scent...maybe every Kindred needs a few moments in their unlives to take the time to refocus themselves...we get stuck very easily."

"How is David?" the doll asks, "I know his burns must be..." horrifying, excruciating, still healing things. Alice offers Katya a forced-fake sympathetic look. "...bad."

"I think I'll try to find Astraeus' power on my own before I ask for your help....I can meditate in the Caldrium, I don't think Regent Gilrpy would be pleased if I started praying or meditating in his Dark Temple."
    The doll says, "But could you give me a few tips? I haven't ever really meditated before."

After the tips are filed away for later use, Alice addresses the other thing the doll had asked Katya's help with. "I'm learning to use sound to orientate myself. Here....I haven't been Aboveground since that night...and the Asylum's music, the ambient noise...it's disorientating." Alice admits. "If I keep myself shut away in the Deep Kingdom, I'll stay there. So. I need to take the time to not be there. Maybe if we kill two birds with one stone? We could go to different places you could couch me through social acrobatics, maybe whatever is learned there could be carried over to other aspects of my unlife." Like Court. Her first appearance in Elysium as a Blind Doll and not just a Porcelain one was a dreaded thing..
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

s
    sumthingpositiv

"And that was a good start, it's not like you had a manual on how to respond to brood attacks. Now that you can look back, how might you have responded differently?" she asks.

When Alice inquires about David's well being Katya shrugs, "He endured a lot of pain. I have not spoken with him since then so I cannot say for sure. I'm sure he appreciates your concern, that he did not perish in the fire makes me optimistic that we will see him again." at least she hoped so. She knows he would have just as valuable, if not more advice for Alice given her current change.

Happy to hear that Alice is willing to do this on her own, Katya smiles and says "Don't be afraid to alter your body as you try to cleanse your mind. Remember, meditation is about awareness, to cleanse your mind of external thoughts to provide new insight to your body without judgement. It's hard to do without breathing so to start, you might want to awaken your lungs and imitate some deep yoga breaths. Once you've mastered that though..." she strokes her chin as she thinks back to her times of meditation "Experiment with poses...different stretches or bound positions to challenge your body. I've found that tying myself up in the woods provided a different perspective than being cozy in my home....I can help with that if you should want it." that might be too far ahead, but from her own experience, that is what Katya is willing to offer for now.

When Alice describes the outside music Katya looks to the door, as if to listen herself. "Disorienting? Yes...I can understand that. THe Asylum is meant to challenge one through many senses. I'm glad you were able to pick up on that. I think it would be something we can take elsewhere. If you want, we could start slow and have you practice on certain Bottoms that I select and we can do a basic social roleplay. Or we can try going out and picking random spots for you to get accustomed in." social acrobatics was an interesting word, one with a variety of goals. "Tell me, how do you feed? Or rather, how did you feed on mortals? What was your pattern that you felt worked for you and how are you sustaining yourself now?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Maybe a manual should be created. Not just for Brood attacks but for other possibilities, and we could do drills." Alice says remembering old fire drills and different lockdown drills for those just in case moments. "Looking back...I'd not do nothing." she starts. "Or hopefully I wouldn't freeze again. I'd see what people were doing and what needs to be done. I'd go for the blankets or medkits myself freeing up the others who're better suited for actually doing stuff to do that stuff. I'm fine being the fetcher person...well once I learn how to see without seeing."

Alice nods, hoping that the shadow was simply holed up in his Haven healing and would indeed return to the Domain. When she first arrived she hadn't quite understood what the others had meant by the transient nature of the Domain, but now being here just over half a year...she'd seen many faces come and go, and she hoped David's would be one she'd see again.

The Doll nods once more, "I guess I'll start with that, and see what works. And-umm...if I need to be...tied...up, in the-er-woods. I'll ask you." but, from the stuttering way the doll said that, and the general tone of her voice it seemed like she couldn't conceive of being tied up in the woods for meditation. Or for any other reason.

"I think..." she starts considering what she knows of herself, "That if we start with-ah...bottoms...?" she asks like it's a question. Clearly, not a word in this context that the doll is familiar. "I might not progress to real life, because that would be a safety net, the kiddie pool, I'd wouldn't want to leave. So we could go out into the real world, so I can wade into waters there before delving into the deep-end that is Kindred politics..."

"Mortals..." Alice echos, "Well....someone always wants to see the albino chick naked. I go someplace, look vulnerable, see if anyone bites...you know, before I do...now with this," a hand moves to her eyes-that-weren't, "It's a little difficult. Robert's-Constable Cross has been the biggest help. I think I would be hunting rats in the sewers again if not for him. He's convinced me to keep hunting, even though...well. He's like a safety net, of sorts. He takes me to a place, and helps me find someone to feed from. But it's mostly me doing much of the same. A blind albino chick. Not many lowlifes can resit the picture I present."

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

After their conversation came to a close, and their goodbyes spoken, the doll was lead back through the labyrinthine paths of the Asylum.

Alice moves through the disorientating throng of patrons of the Asylum, thoughts fixed upon the folding cane she needed before she could depart.

Her nights had always been confusing mess of panicked instincts and unsure steps, and as it got better, it always got worse.

Once-Seneschal had given the Blind Doll direction, and in return Alice gave her word.

If there was one thing no one could say about the Doll is that she was not one to brake her word, and so try the Blind Doll would.

Stepping out into the night, her head held high, Alice Hart had new paths to explore.

End Scene, for obvious reasons.

6. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.