Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

By the Hot Dog Stand

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx smiled at the change in subject.

"Oh, a little of this and that," she answered. "I was impressed at the cuisine available here when I first arrived. And while I miss the San Francisco beaches, the city has some truly beautiful parks. I went camping a little while ago, which was a new thing for me. I do tai chi at a lovely yoga studio downtown.... Other than that, I'm a woman who loves shopping. And a good spa day." That smile flashed again. "But tell me, what sorts of things do you like to do? Sports? There's a great climbing gym in town, if that's your thing. I'm certain that, whatever it is you're looking for, I can help you find it in the city."

2. Bump West "Bump" this post

”Ah, cuisine!" The Mystagogue glares at the hotdog and takes another bite with gusto. "Alright, can’t complain!” She keeps the deadpan holding for a while without expressing a hint of a smile.

”You went camping? Ohh! Must be a pain with this heat! And I bet there are so many mosquitos!” Another glare and then conceding. ”Never went camping, I guess visiting uncle Boris that lived in a trailer park doesn’t count as camping!" And he was always drunk and his trailer smelled of piss and beer or cheap hooker perfume. Eventually died with cirrhosis.

”And yes, climbing seems like something I might give a shot! You into it?”

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Thankfully the camping trip occurred before the dog days of summer," she answered. "And the mosquitos were... actually not that bad, now that I think about it. I hadn't been camping before either, but a friend took a few of us out. It was quite the experience." She was certain most camping trips didn't involve strange rituals about self-control. Not that she'd minded, exactly. It just wasn't likely to be a normal camping experience. And the truth of the matter was that she wasn't sure whether she even wanted one of those.

"I've been climbing a few times. I enjoyed it. Can't necessarily say I'm 'into it' in the sense that it's something I do regularly. There are certainly people are the gym who do it more often than I." Her expression was a little too innocent to be true as she took another sip of her soda. "But, you know, the views are great. The regulars are fun to watch, if that's something you're into."

5. Bump West "Bump" this post

One week to go! Remember this needs to be closed by the end of the month so everything is in-continuity with the new Sanctuary (Eternal Consilium) .
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

With the last bite Black Swan finishes the hotdog.

”Alright! So one of these days I might pop by one of those for a class or something.” She nods as if it was something she agreed on.

”If you know someone else who might enjoy it we can even schedule something together." Of course she knew other mages, she was the Herald, there was the chance one of them mightl be a Mystagogue. As for Vanesa she had failed to identify her clues or to respond to them.

”Sooo, the hot dog is gone! I hope I didn’t took too much of your time! You’ll call me when it’s time to meet the rest of the group… right? Just let me know if I need to bring some shortbread or after eight!" The girl produces a brief shrug. "I brought tons of it and stashed it away for when I might feel homesick!"

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx offered the woman a smile. "I'll let you know. Listen, before you go, you should know - you'll need to join a team sooner rather than later. Just a small one. There are a few other new people in town who are banding together on a temporary basis, just so they can have someone else to lean on. Until you find a permanent home, I highly recommend you join with them." She paused and finished the rest of her drink. "Like I said, it's a tumultuous place, and you're going to want people at your back as soon as possible."

A pause, and then she added, "You can drop by that address I gave you, if you need to. There should be someone there most of the time. It might go over better for you if I came with you the first time, but it shouldn't be necessary. Either way, you'll meet everyone else at the first big meeting."

With the food finished and the conversation winding down, Varyx nodded. "Anyway, you have my number, give me a call if you need anything at all, alright?"

Shall we wrap?

Mental notes taken:
    joining a cabal;
    showing up at the next consilium;
    meet the new new guys which apparently she would be cabal’ing up with;
    hoping none of them are apostates or libertines…

”Alright! Thank you for your time, we’ll meet then!” With it the woman hops to the top of her bike and turns the engine on.

”I’ll see you at our next meeting!” and with that she departed after waving good bye.

wrapped!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread