Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Gladly Pay You Wednesday

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"You settling in?"

Guess who's back. Back again. Jack is back, tell a friend.

"Sorry. Am I, like, interrupting?"

He stood at the door of the room Tuesday had picked. Khakis, Henley, dark cotton car coat. Long fingers rolled a deck of cards through cuts.

"Don't get weirded out. I know it's, like, every time you turn around, here I am. Just doing the, you know, Hearthmaster thing. Hearthing. And waiting on Scan-Tron results. But, no, seriously, everything cool?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes , Yog-Sothoth liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"You could be an effin' ninja you know that?" comes her dry rasping voice, "Naw, you ain't interrupting I'm just planning how I wanna feng shui my stuff." hazel eyes look between her batter guitar case, Baby safe inside, and her entire life folded up in a dufflebag.

Deft fingers reach inside, grabbing a sweater, because hey unpacking in a mostly seethrough tank was fine by herself, but deffinatly not so when the Hearthmaster was Hearthing. Pulling the grey-black thing over her head, she turns to look at the khaki wearing angel.

"Drat." fingers snap, "And here I thought those results would be in already. It's the waiting that kills me." a smirk, then a head tilt, "Siri-us-lee?" she enunciates like it's a foreign word she's never heard before.

She blinks, she assumes he does the same.

"Yeah I'm cool. Feel like a heel for just baling on the budding probably-temp-cabal with Wayland and Strix, but other then that, I'm okay." she nods.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

4. Likes Yog-Sothoth liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Enter the Ninja.

It's not unappealing. With a little bit of physics? Totally turn invisible. Leap tall building in a single bound. Curve shuriken...

"Oh, well. Like, leave space for a bonsai. You know, little tree thing?"
    One of the Angel's super-powers is finding a blank spot to look at when it involves women. Especially when they're changing clothes. "Like, I want to give everyone one, I'm totally into, like, pruning them, it just takes a while. And I'm still working on, uh. Arthur's."

Which makes Tuesday fourth in line. Maybe 'a while' is a little bit of an understatement. Hey. The things grow really slow.

"Sirius-ly. Woof woof."

The cards fell in a slow waterfall.

"Don't feel too bad. They'll be all right. Temoins du Sud wants to pick them up, kinda got kicked around at a barbecue thing. Tee Dee Ess invited us, but I guess they didn't know about you. I mean, I know they didn't know so it's not really a guess, just, you know. But, yeah, I get what you're saying. Like, commitments, good manners, blah blah."

She's all heart, yo. A marshmallow.

"You like baseball? We're so close to Raley that if you pop them off the roof towards the stadium, everyone just thinks they're practice balls from the field."

Which is exactly where all the balls come from. So. Technically? It's true.
    - Roald Dahl

6. Likes , Yog-Sothoth liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Bonsai. Totally. It's gonna go right next to the ornamental cherry and the fairy lights." It might have started as a joke, but the look on Tuesday's face mad it seem like she was seriously considering it. "That is an interesting hobby. But sure. Something green might be good. For here." because it's completely empty save, one battered guitar case, and a dufflebag.

"Oooooh." she draws out, "You mean that prankster, Padfoot, from Harry Potter. Now that I get." a smile.

"For the party or whatever. It's all good. I guess. Since I'mma newb Vee Tee. But thanks. Now I don't feel so bad. But there's still a bit bad, since baling and not telling," she starts before realizing she'd be repeating what Star just said. "But....yeah...." she finishes lamely.

"I like baseball bats....and not just because how phallic they look." a wink and a grin, "but sure. If that was the game plan to measure my....whatever it is you wanted to measure, I'd be up for hitting balls with a phallic stick."

8. Likes West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Interview Three."

An imaginary recording device was raised up. It's totally a playing card, but that's why it's an imaginary recording device.

"Subject has accepted observed captivity and is settling into the habitat. A visual inventory has been taken."

And there it goes, into the imaginary pocket, next to the imaginary pocket protector affixed to the imaginary lab coat.

"Yeah, you know, the bonsai thing just kinda happened? I was on this whole, Life, the Universe, and Everything kick and a little miniature tree I could cut parts off of seemed like, I dunno. Lotta stuff there. Coming together. The whole... Wait, I better stop or we're gonna be singing 'Circle of Life' from 'The Lion King' pretty soon."
    Hakuna Matata, yo. That's Swahili for Irie. "What do you have going on? Besides 'Baby'? Competitive duffel Bedazzling?"

Eyes focused on the sweater. Okay, 'Unicorn Spirit' totally made more sense than 'Unicron Spliff'.

"Also. Was the 'phallic' thing flirting? I'm not super-great at that sort of thing so, like, my bad if you weren't and I just, you know. Grossed you out. But if you were, like, Avis and I are kind of a thing. I mean, we're definitely a thing, there's no kind of about it, I don't know why I said kind of."
    It's been complicated. "But if if wasn't either and you were, like, just making social commentary, then we can totally do something else. Like, whatever you want. I'm a pretty decent tour guide? Or we've got some trash can dollyies if you think you can beat the dolly racing champ."

Okay, gonna drive the hamster wheel bananas unless something gets said.

"...and how tall are you? You can't, like, wear shirts with that much writing. It totally looks like it said you were a Unicron Spliff."
    - Roald Dahl

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

And Tuesday is a laughing.

This, this is why she'd followed Star home, and accepted the offer to join Vee Tee instead of seeing what would come of the budding fauxbal with Strix and Wayland. She very much doubted that she would be laughing this much surrounded on all sides by Doom walkers.

"No, no I get it. Shit just happens all the time, and you can either fight it, or rock out to it."

Her tongue moves to pick at a tooth. She might need a dentist. Or Fisher.

"I wouldn't mind divin' back into the good ol'days and watchin' some Disney movies. Be warned I might brake out into random songs. It's a thing. And it happens. All the time." a impish smirk.

"It's wasn't flirting. I promise. My man's not gonna have knees that knobby." she says, he'd already set lines, and she wasn't gonna cross 'em. At least not until it was clear that those lines were up for negotiation. When he says that he and Avis are a thing, she nods. Awkward dude. bitchy Aggressive gal...angel, devil. She got it. No renegotiation, "If I were flirting. It would be flirting" a suggestive wiggling of her brow.

"The dolly racing champ?" she echos slowly, "Not in this sweater. This thing is what started the unicorn part of the 'Lone Unicorn' I'm not risking it." arms cross, "If you wanna give a tour that's...I don't know. I'm kinda meh. Food? Then tour or something?"

"Five, six." she says, tugging her sweater down over her ass. "I like wearing this as a sweater-shirt-dress thing." another smirk, "Though it's nice to know you're not staring at my chest enough to read my shirt right."

12. Likes West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

When your go-to is an A-cup buried under a quarter-inch of hoodie cotton, five gets you ten you're not an aggressive chest-starer.

"You know that's unfair, right? Chicks, like, wearing the Preamble on their shirts and then accusing you of staring? I mean, that would be like a guy wearing a necklace with a dozen Grover Clevelands alligator-clipped to it and then being all, like, why's it got to be all about money?"

Sure. Guys drove Ferraris, but they also weren't talking about Polar Bears with cut-out panels or decolletage down to their belly buttons. He leaned. As in, follow. An intermittent small 'pop' preceeded single cards flipping from one hand to the other.

"My weakness, if we're talking musicals, is totally 'Mamma Mia'. Even Brosnan's awful singing. Or the 'Pitch Perfect's. Mash-ups, amirite? So. See these? Little alcoves outside the auditoriums? Totally handy if you have guests but don't want them to, like, see your room. And this is the kitchen. Storage and deep freeze back there plus another refrigerator and water purifier. We're probably at the point where everyone should just have a fridge, but, like, some of us just put our fridges in our rooms."
    Because space. Each of the alcoves is different, and the 'kitchen' is also the main concession area. It's clear the deep fryer and popcorn popper outlets and elements have been repurposed. "We hang out here a lot. Like, this is kind of the throw your stuff down and gripe about your day area."

The reason for the quasi-tour was obvious when the Angel retrieved a set of keys and backpack from one of the booths. That's where he threw his stuff down.

"What do you want to eat? I have no idea what unicorns eat. At least if you were a Unicron I'd know. All I know about horses is what I read from the Walter Farley books when I was a kid and trying to learn about betting on horse races. Tell me about this Lone Unicorn thing? Is that your totem? Should we be calling you Unicorn Smurf?"
    Next up was the aforementioned three rooms that had been converted into a mechanic's garage. An industrial white cargo van, the Van of Wizardry, and a motor-cyle that was missing more plastic than it had. A finger pointed at the white van. "Also, as long as I'm being nosy? What's up with the street gig? You enjoy it, or is that, like, legit how you're gettin' paid."

And, yes, that's totally a 'Pitch Perfect' soundtrack CD that starts up with the van.
    - Roald Dahl

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"That," she starts, "is a far point." a nod.

A shrug, Tuesday made to follow, wondering what the hell was up with the cards.

"Hairspray. Sweeney Todd. Disney movies." the list begins, "I'm nodding bee tee dubbs." she says from where she was trailing on after him. "Alcoves. Gotcha. Also more nodding." she says, even as she doesn't move her head.

"Food." Tuesday says, "Real live Acadia-bound unicorns? Probably rainbows and glitter." a smirk, "If it's this unicorn, food's good. I might not be Starving Smurf, but there's not a whole bunch that I don't like. I'm not that picky. Except for you know, when I am." hazel eyes, cast around her new home, "Not a totem. It's more like....I'm a-was a wondering buskin' acanthi....I didn't want to call myself a fairy on top of giant stereotype." simple as that. "Buskin' Smurf, Unicorn Smurf. I'll answer either. Better then...." a frown. "Well...a lot of other things." a shrug. It seems like she's a barrel of shrugs today. "So you're also Nosy Smurf? an almost smirk, "I do like the street gigs, and yep totally how I'm gettin' payed." another nod.

'Well the legal parts of my paycheck.' Thoughts interrupted as she snorts out a laugh when the soundtrack plays.

"So Nosy Smurf, are you just living up to your newly dubbed Smurf title, or are you just nosy in general and no one thought to dub thee Nosy?" Or was it? You know the Guardian thing?

16. Likes West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Well, it's like this. I'm more Awesome than Nosy."

Buckle up.

"But, no, seriously, feel free to just answer with a dirty look if I ask something, you know, you don't want to answer. I'm just curious. I figure, sooner or later, caballeros gonna, like, need to depend on each other? Or get in a fight? So it's better to know before, like, either of those. What everyone's about."

They're there. Whitey's Jolly Kone. It's a disgracefully short distance to actually go to the trouble of driving -- until you decide to walk. At just over a mile away from the theater, it's convenient .... -ly just too far to walk.

"They got peach shakes. And chili fries."
    Really, what more needed to be said? "And, legit, freelancers make me a little nervous. Because it usually means they, like, don't agree with the Diamond, but the Libertines ticked them off. So you're kind of a wild card that could, I dunno, just hate everyone."

Just look at Buskin' Smurfs face. That could totally be the face of indiscriminate hate.

"I'm going to pause for the aforementioned dirty look? Just in case."
    One Mississippi. Two Mississippi. Three Mississippi. "Okay, so, color me also super curious about the street thing. Like, why not just go win the lotto? I'm totally assuming Arcadian Unicorn means, you know..."

"...That you're so not invited to game night."
    - Roald Dahl

18. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Ah...I see." a very sage-y nod is given.

The door slams, when she tugs the thing closed. An apologetic look is flashed at Star for the noise. Interrupting that soundtrack. One click later and Tuesday is being Safe and/or Responsible. Maybe both.

"Good thing I have a bachelors in Dirty looks." she quips before nodding. "That, is more understanding then you wearing your Nosy Smurf khakis."

Driving. Soundtrack playin' aaaaand there!

"I'm more of a strawberry gal." she says first, before, "Chili fries~!" she coos because, yum!

This. This is the face of one who'd studied hard to master their Dirty Look.

"Oh it's not me. Well...it was Dea. Everyone knew I was destined, little dee, to join up with the Libertines. Just because I pissed off Dea one to many times. I got the general recruitment speeches for the Orders and whatever, but they were lack luster. Because they knew they'd already 'lost' me." air quotes used. "So as a general F-U, I picked none. Left town when I was cut lose. Started going just where my map, dart and Fate took me."

Another click and unbuckled, open door. Look at Star. Did they still need the privacy or were they on the hunt for chili fries?

"I'm usually banned from game nights." it's sort of a given. Unless it's an Acanthi game night. "Sometimes I do. Get fifty, a hundred bucks. When I need it. Other times it's poker. Win a small pot. And I'm good."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread