Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green grunted.

"Yeah. Lets do that. One thing, yeah? We built a pledge for a season, right. See how we all felt. See, I kinda think it went pretty well. So... I was looking to expand the Pledge to run for a year and a day. There is another thing I want you to think about before we seal it, yeah."

He took a step forward, eyes glinting in the gloom.

"As you may know, the Sovereigns have me attend to stuff from time to time. Its between me and them. Point is, sometimes I have to disappear; sometimes there could be trouble. Now if we bound in Greater Alliance, the Wyrd might drag you into the shit as well... 'Cause if we bound as brothers, then if one us gets in the shit we all are. And I won't lie - some of the places the Sovereign's send me can turn to shit in an instant."

"Now I don't expect you to come running and all if I have to go do my thing... So. I was wondering if you'd rather take something more flexible than blood brotherhood. If you know what I mean. Say... We watch out for each other but don't have to shed blood for each other, that way. In return for that flexibility, we take our watch into each other's dreams, you know, keeping tabs on each other when we sleep just like we do when we're awake. And I can pitch in a measure of the old Glamour juice over the seasons. See - I got my groves but as far as I can tell you only got your wits to track down Glamour for your hunger... Not a good look, yeah? In return I get the usual blessings and a small-ish favour from you, some time..."

He leaned a little closer, not intending to come off threatening but, well, the threat is there when a 7 foot tall jotun leans over you.

"Do you need some time to sit on it, first?"

2. Likes Gwydden liked this post
    Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He stared up at the Mountain for just a moment before digging into his pockets for a pack. He drew a cigarette, put it in his mouth and lit it. He didn't answer until he had exhaled the first puff of smoke.

"Look..." he hesitated for another second, trying to figure out what words to put in what order. "I haven't got a problem with going all the way. Hell, way I see it, things half done ain't worth doing at all. Danger means jack to me, and I'll happily put my life on the line to save your ass, anytime, oath or no oath," he noticed he said that almost merrily and toned it down. "So I don't need to think about it. That said..."

Another long pause along with the smell of cigarette smoke.

"You've been straight with me, so I figure I oughta pay in kind. Been offered a job by my Sovereign. I'm not sure if I'll get it yet, or what it will be like exactly. Plus I've got my own stuff going on. Dangerous stuff, even. Wouldn't want to see you dragged into it against your will." He sighed. "As for the grove thing... no offense, but I'll pass. I think I can manage on my own. I have so far." Scavenging wasn't fun, but living off charity would be even less so.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green shifted on his feet, shrugging slightly as he considered.

"Hum. Yeah. I see your point. See... Yeah? Maybe a pledge is not so good. Not because we don't trust - but because we do. Yeah... Mind if ask what's the job? You can say no, of course. Its your business..."

Green was already turning his thoughts toward the benefits of a motley without a pledge. Not unheard of. Dangerous though. But that was why they had pledged themselves in the first place - to build trust.

6. Likes Gwydden liked this post
    Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He blinked a couple times at hearing Green's suggestion. Truth be told, it hadn't even occurred to him as a possibility.

"The job? Oh, that. Ms Campbell told me I could do my club some good as Paladin of Shadows. As her... bodyguard, kinda," he winced; the term made him uncomfortable. "Figured I'd try applying for the position."

There was nothing to complain about in the spirit of the idea, he mused, and he was quickly warming up to it. If anything, there might be more pressure to be up to task without the compulsion of a pledge, but he welcomed it.

"Yeah... no pledge sounds good to me, but what about Morgan and Daniel? Would we bring it up with them first?"

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green stared at the Hunterheart. Then nodded.

"Yep. I can see that. Its a good choice, yeah. You try for it. Me? I got burdened with being my Court's muscle. You know? Leg breaker? Should anyone or anything start hurting Onyx Courtiers. Ah. It kind of overlaps with some of the work the Sovereign's have me do from time to time."

His motley mate had opened up about their role, so Green reciprocated... As much as he was able. A savvy Courtier of Autumn might be able to put together the inferences.

"Yeah, we could. Should, rather. It would be a way to feel them out. If it comes to it, I'm sure we can put together a basic pledge for a season. You know? Like we did with Milo. Its a way to build some trust up and try things out. That motley pledge was good for a season or so but it'd need more work if we wanted to make it lasting." Green added after a moments thought.

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

It came rather late, but it suddenly occurred to him that Ms Campbell might not appreciate his giving out that piece of information so easily, small as it was. Autumn was all about secrets, no? Honestly, he hadn't even thought of not saying it until he had. He chose to think that was not so much because of carelessness, but because keeping stuff from Green didn't sit right with him.

"Yeah... I get what you mean," at least he thought so; the Mountain's honesty helped moderate his concern.

The other matter was simple enough, thankfully.

"I like that. We pitch it to them, we all swear the pledge and after the time's out we talk about going oath free with whoever's sticking around? If we still want to by then," he quickly added. "If you change your mind, just let me know. I'll do the same, though I don't think it'll happen."

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green grunted.

"Sounds like a plan."

He cocked his head to better examine his motley mate.

"We need to talk on anything else?"

I think we have covered our bases for now. Did you want to wrap?

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

He nodded. "Yeah, we'll do that," he looked around, not for the first nor the last time. "Nothing at the moment. Maybe I can help you out with the, uh, renovations?"

I think we're good to wrap, yes. Should we contact the others for another scene?

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Yeah. Some of the walls need reinforcing down here..." Green turned slightly and nodded into the depths. "Milo was dealing with 'em before he left, so..."

Its a wrap. Nice scene.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread