THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"There's something I need to get out of evidence, some incriminating video footage. I'd like to find out where its being held, but I don't have any connections that can touch it. If you think you might be able to get in touch with one of your associates, see what you can find out about it, I'd be happy to give you the details. I know the Seneschal would appreciate it too."

Konrad pauses, a knowing smile playing across his lips. "You know, if you're looking to network among the Kine, the Movement has a lot of experience with that sort of thing. It's done wonders for me and my dealings. We could always use a resourceful Kindred like yourself. And we'd repay favors in kind while giving you a system of support to build off of."

It's no subtle shift into the pitch Konrad had worked on for Cross's invitation into the Movement. But he's done dancing around the topic. Either Kindred were interested or they weren't. The information is out there, and Konrad's done his own work propagandizing it.

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Very interesting. And the Seneschal too? Sounds like someone fucked up on camera. Cross is not sure his pull is as deep as Konrad needs, but it's worth a shot just to know more about the situation. And who knows, things might just work out. Cross gives Konrad a measured look: "No promises, but fill me in on the details--date, time, location--and I'll see what I can do." He might be able to find out where it's being processed and stored. But getting their hands on it would be an entirely different problem. That could be dealt with in due time, though.

And then Konrad starts in on his pitch about the Movement. Cross hears him out, amused though outwardly attentive. Jesus, do I come off as a likely candidate? Sometimes he wonders what others see when they look at him, scars and all. Then again, would anyone guess that lately he'd been wrapped up in the Testament of Longinus? Probably not. Still, it pays to keep all options open, so when Roth's done Cross gives him a friendly smile.

"Well, that sounds like it could be a lot of help. How about we say I'll take it under consideration? For now, consider me a friendly associate, someone willing to get some work done for you. Maybe our relationship will help me understand what the Movement's all about?" He pauses for a moment, considering something. "And speaking of my willingness to lend a hand: last time I saw you, you mentioned some trouble in the city, somebody operating where they shouldn't. You called them a gang if I remember correctly. Never got a chance to say so at the time, but if you need any assistance looking them up, I'm always available."

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Sure, that works for me. And there'll still be a Boon in it for you if you find out anything," agrees Konrad, glad to not have the offer shoved back in his face. Seems Cross is also one of those who have yet to really figure out what the Movement is all about. With the young Covenant being as diverse as it is, Konrad doesn't blame Cross for the uncertainty. If anything comes of it, it'll be the first recruitment story in this city that Konrad's heard of since he joined up himself.

"So right, the details. I'll ask that you keep this between us. You might've heard about it in the news. An attempted burglary and killing at the Raging Wire Data Center in town. Some footage was captured from the event which needs to disappear. I'm working on recovering any footage the data center still has, but I'm certain the police have it in their possession too. If we destroy both copies then we just let time run its course and eventually everyone will forget about the whole thing." It's the best they can hope for to keep news of it from spreading.

"Ah right, the gangs. That's tricky. See, there's been a couple instances of that already. Before those poachers were executed at Court, they had mentioned a group of Kindred prowling around south of the city. And we just had another group come through recently with the same story. They said they'd been attacked by the gang, and one of them killed. We don't know much more than that. If you want to help out there, I'm sure the Reeve would be pleased for the extra help. Marlon knows a bit about that too since he was with me for both encounters. I've scheduled a talk with the Reeve about it. If plans get underway I'll make sure to mention your name."

"Consider that some insider knowledge, and my promise for a recommendation. So you'll get back to me on that video footage, right? Sooner the better. It's kind of time-sensitive."

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Cross listens intently to Roth's explanation. If the offer of a boon tantalizes the burned man, it doesn't show beyond a little nod of acceptance. Cross likes to think of this as professionalism, but it could appear as simple emotionlessness. What's clear is that he's attending closely to the details offered by the Savage.

Who's on that tape? Cross wants to ask, but he doesn't. Could be Roth himself or the Seneschal. Just as likely it's another Stiff and they're trying to repair a breach. Hard to say; and it doesn't really matter. After Roth finishes his explanation, a "Hmmmm..." escapes the haunt, the sound edging on a low growl. "I won't say it's a sure thing, but cops like to talk about shit like this. The weird and the gruesome, you know?" And this incident was likely to have a little bit of both. "How much they like to talk depends, but I can think of some ways to come at it." Booze for one. "So I'll give it a shot, my best shot. You have my word. And I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything."

Then, Roth is explaining the ‘gang’ issue and Cross resumes his attentive silence. This sounds like a problem that is either growing or is already widespread, but only now being discovered. Either way, not good news. Cross nods grimly as the plans for a meeting are detailed, “I would appreciate it if you mentioned my name in the meeting. It’s time I started working for the domain. And this is the type of issue I can help with.” He pauses as Roth reiterates the importance of the footage, “Like I said, you have my word. I’ll do everything I can.” And if that’s not enough, at least I tried.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Sounds like a deal. I gotta say, you're a reasonable guy. Hard to believe you didn't get on well with the Gilroy." For Konrad, Gilroy had been very reasonable in their dealings, always coming through on his end and with leads to more business. Which reminds Konrad that he's got to write up a sermon at some point and continue looking into Rina's Haven...

"Ah well, it happens. Misunderstandings and what have you. Well, that's all the business I had in mind. Since I've got you here, there anything else on your mind? Questions about the Movement? Or about a Kindred or another Covenant in particular? I hear things, know things that go on in the city. Depending on how much you want to know, some of it might even come free."

7. Likes West liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

NOS
    PRE

Konrad's compliment evokes a bemused smile. Let's not jump to conclusions here. "Well, I can be reasonable, when I have reason to be. And in a way, we have some history, which doesn't hurt." This one's for you, Vic. "I'll say this, though. When I first got to the city, I didn't play my cards right with Gilroy. I didn't get the right read on him, maybe talked a little too much shit. And I learned my lesson." He's still smiling, but it's a bit strained. "Anyway, what I really learned is the worth of my Priscus. I give him the respect he's due now." Going by Cross's tone, he's telling the truth: the burned man has a deep feeling of loyalty for the man who made him Sheriff of the Deep Kingdom despite his mistakes.

The burned man shrugs his shoulders at Roth's offer. "Appreciate it, but I'll take a raincheck at the moment. Should I need information, I know who to come to, though. For now, I guess I have some work to do," he says, referring to the task that Konrad has set him. "Should we call it a night?"

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Sure, no problem." Seems Cross isn't much for chit chat, at least outside immediate concerns. That works fine with Konrad. Their meeting, though brief, answers a lot of questions and held promising benefits for the future. Right now Cross wants to prove his own worth to the Domain, so Konrad would have to come through on his end if he wanted results from the toasty Nossie.

"I'll be in touch," he adds and begins to stand from the comfort of the couch. A hand is extended for Cross to shake if he do desires, a symbol of their agreement, however loose it may be. They were working for each other now, a Carthian lesson Konrad hopes to convey.

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

NOS
    PRE

Cross rises as Roth does, gripping the Savage's proffered hand even as his beast whispers horrible things deep down inside.

He looks into Konrad's eyes, trying to gauge the Stiff. He's everything Vic had made him out to be, at least on the surface: pragmatic, well-connected, cool-headed, and probably a liar. But everyone tells lies, and Cross is confident that their mutual needs have sufficiently bound them together, at least for now. "Thanks again for this meeting. Vic was right about you. Someone that can be worked with, is what he used to say." Let's just hope everything works out in the end.

With that, he releases Roth's hand and gestures toward the door, "After you, Mr. Roth."

All good to wrap up if you are! Thanks for the fun!

11. Likes Vassagon liked this post

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

The Kindred depart from the hotel, each heading to their next destination, wherever that may be.

Yup, all good! Thanks too!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread