Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1605) JoJo, G-berg, and Viccy Vic

THREADID
    M
    Matrixchild

Joseph, smiled as he went to respond, and was stopped by Josephine. It looked like they would be continuing their conversation after all.

Joseph had not said Mister to Victoria, but he had to Josephine, and her comment reminded him of his mistake. After years focusing on his own self-preservation he had began to slack on his title usage, though he of course picked up on Victoria's use of the title Lady. "Madam Reeve Sterling is correct Lady Stamford. I spent some time away from the First Estate in my previous Domain and became regrettably lax on my etiquette because of it," he said with a solemn look on his face. "I am seeking to reconnect to the First Estate and as such I sincerely hope both of you can forgive my terrible lapse in judgment."

"And the second statement is true as well, I am still very new to the domain," he then said to Victoria. "This is in fact my second time at the Prince's Elysium."

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    Striking Looks •••• (Intense Gaze, Stunning)
    BP •••
    Status (Invictus): ••
    Status (Domain): ••••

+2
    SL
    PRE

Victoria's smile melted as the woman pointed out the man's mistake, but her smile lasted long enough to give the Reeve a nod of thanks at the assistance rendered. She turned her frowning gaze to Greenberg and before she could speak that man had opened his mouth again only to make matters worse. The Ventrue gave him a gaze that one might have expected had he just piddled all over her expensive heels.

"My Master Greenberg,"
    Victoria began frostily. "Did you know that a dog can recognize its own name when called, and that a parrot can be trained to repeat what it hears?" She paused for a moment to let her rhetorical questions stand for effect before continuing. "I only ask because they apparently have more sense then you. I can be understanding if a person lacks information and is learning, but i cannot abide laziness. So while I'm certain Miss Reeve Sterling would appreciate a promotion, and if she would permit me to so say, I don't think she'd appreciate it coming from you. I'm also sure that His Grace the Judex would have some concerns with a Master handing out promotions."

While the brunette spoke the suited man in the gimp mask approached her from behind and very slowly and carefully, so as not to alarm anyone, produced a lovely pink dog collar with matching lead attached. She held out her hand to her side and the man placed it in her palm. She rapped the corded lead against her other palm making a rhythmic slapping sound as she spoke.

"I don't run a charity, but I have taken people under my wing in this domain before and those that apply themselves can succeed. Now because I'm feeling kind I will give you a chance to prove yourself and salvage whatever dignity you may. If you wish to continue to count yourself among the Unconquered you will put this on and go to every cluster of persons present, bark, and then introduce yourself as Master Greenburg and then report back to me. You are to begin only after you have already given your apology to the Reeve. Because if you can at least follow instructions we can make something out of you...if not, well, you can always see if the Carthians will have you."

Then without looking she dropped the lead into the gimp's hand and he held the collar out to Greenburg with a bow. She wasn't personally insulted yet, but it was clear that some steps needed to be taken to address such carelessness and she wondered if the man would recognize this. She than turned to the dark haired woman with an apologetic smile, leaving Greenburg to make his decision.

"I apologize for the interruption, Miss Reeve and I thank you for your indulgence and assistance in the matter," Victoria said with a nod of her head. "To answer your question you may certainly do so as I wouldn't dream of interfering with your duties. I come from Providence, RI and to keep you in the loop I took the liberty of informing His Grace by courier of my return. My personal business took longer than anticipated."

3. Likes Wod.Infant, Forn Clakes liked this post

PRE

Well now. Perhaps she had been hasty in her judgement of the newly returned Lady. Not overly so, of course. Victoria Stamford was nothing if not haughty. She was, however, quite amusing in her expression of it. A leash was something that Josephine had, in fact, considered presenting Royal with for that evening, though certainly not a pink one.

Ah, how refreshing it was to find another of a similar mind.

Truly, Josephine would enjoy learning just how similar their minds might truly be...

"Providence. Fascinating. May that prove to be an omen for your return,"
    Josephine replied equitably, despite the slight upward curve at the corners of her black painted lips.

"Sadly, I'm afraid that I must delay the receipt of an apology,"
    she added, nodding towards the Seneschal who had just ceded her the floor, "for my duty call. After my announcement we can continue this conversation, if you wish. Or, if you would rather continue to re-introduce yourself to the Domain, Lady Stamford, then I would not mind continuing our conversation at another time. As for you, Master Greenberg, I'm sure I'll see you shortly."

With that, the Reeve stepped away to address the court...

Josephine returns to the main thread.

M
    Matrixchild

Almost as soon as the words left his mouth he had realized his mistake. She had just introduced herself as Miss and yet still Joseph blundered by calling her Madam. He was not a spring chicken and yet it seemed he would again have to learn about etiquette the hard way. That was accented by Victoria's use of the words 'my'. Joseph had spent so much time away from the First Estate that he had come to realize that my could be used without insult. But Victoria was Unconquered, and it most definitely was an insult. He held in his expression as he listened to her go on. Once she was done Joseph thought about speaking but Josephine stepped in and that was when he noticed the Seneschal make her announcement. With Josephine taking her leave Joseph paused thinking about what he would say.

He looked to Victoria and said, "I will absolutely apologize to Miss Reeve Sterling when she returns, but I will have to regrettably and politely decline your purposed offer. I do want to make up for my failure in etiquette. I will humbly go to any in the domain and offer correction of my mistake, telling them that I was lazy and flawed and stupid in my introduction. That I am not a Mister, but in fact Master Greenberg, not re-initiated into the Unconquered. I am willing to try and find some way to make up for my failure, but regrettably I am not willing to do that while wearing a collar and barking. Respectfully Lady Stamford, I ask for some alternative way to work towards forgiveness and prove that I can follow instructions," he said, bowing his head and leaving it there in submission as he waited for her response.

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    BP •••

+2
    SL
    PRE

Fascinating wouldn't have been Victoria's first choice of words for Providence, but she smiled politely accepting the comment for the nicety that it was. The Reeve is always a busy person in Sacramento and she did not want to keep the woman.

"Oh no, I understand. I'm at your convenience Miss Reeve," Victoria said to the raven haired woman as she departed.

The Ventrue watched the call to attention and the announcement of the threat to the domain with interest. However, given the nature of the daytime threat it was beyond her at the moment. Good help is so hard to find, she lamented silently to herself.

With the announcement over it seemed Greenberg reached a decision and his choice didn't really surprise her.

"Too much pride can be a dangerous thing, especially when grasping above one's position," Victoria said with a frown considering the man's words. While behind her mask, she fought down the desire to smash the man's head into the tile floor until one of them cracked and she felt a faint amusement sprouting as she wondered which would break first.

Then when she was finished indulging her emotions she took a deep breath and sighed as if bored.

"Ah, I suppose Master Greenberg is too good for me and my hobbies, huh? No matter. I'd offered a way out that was over quickly and without incurring any type of debt, but I suppose the decision is yours." Victoria said while she looked at her jeweled mechanical watch. "Besides, it is getting late and as much as us Lords love negotiation this is a conversation that is best left to another time."

The Ventrue took a business card from the gimp, who had put away the leash while the two kindred spoke, and pressed the card into Greenberg's hand which had a phone number on one side and on the back and said the following:

Lady Crimson

"I think you and I will have much to discuss," she said firmly. "...and Master Greenberg...women hate to be kept waiting, especially in my line of work."

M
    Matrixchild

Inbetween Joseph's attempts to placate Stamford he heard Josephine's announcement. He didn't have a desire to act as some deputy but maybe one day he would seek out that boon. If he ever found a ghoul he liked enough to send out, though if it meant working for the Reeve maybe it had more to do with a ghoul he could trust than liked.

He raised his head to listen and focused on Stamford's response. She was certainly correct that pride could at times hold one back. But he had also witnessed the down fall of those who had no pride at all, so Pride appeared to be a double edged sword that needed balance and a steady hand. Hopefully he could find that within himself or he'd end up on the knife's edge. He did not speak, only listened until she offered the business card. He promptly looked down at it and then looked to her. "Thank you very much Lady Stamford," he said, offering his bow again. "I won't wait too long to contact you so that we may re-initiate our negotiation," he said as he put the card into his suit jacket, deciding to use her word for the situation.

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    BP •••

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Splendid," Victoria said with a smile. "I will not keep you any further Master Greenberg. I hope the rest of your evening is a pleasant one."

The Ventrue turned and started away slowly and will continue to make her way to the court proper in anticipation of departing for the evening unless stopped.

Victoria rejoins the main thread.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 23

You do not have permission to view the list of names.