Coffee and Insight

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Of course. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions at all."

Varyx leaned easily towards Fisher, smiling and listening to her describe her work. She knew painfully little about such things, but there was still clear interest in her eyes. "That sounds lovely. Did you bring any works with you? And I assume you're planning on continuing your work while you're here, yes?" A pause, and then; "And how does one get into wood-carving at art? It seems like an unusual medium."

Wanna wrap or did you have anything else you wanted to cover?

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

"That's the mid-range to long range plan I suppose, I wanna get settled first,"
    Fisher said nodding in assent before pulling out her phone and flipping through it. "I think i have a few pictures here."

After a brief moment she flipped the phone around and showed a paining of a cougar, and then a distinctive tribal eagle design.

"Here's a painting and then here's a tattoo of mine. I don't seem to have any of my woodwork. But, to answer your question, woodworking has been an important part of the Haida culture for a long time. We're an oral culture and totem poles record events and mythology. We also have some of the most complex weaving around, but I'm rubbish at that, and we carve boxes to hold them. We also do decorative art of things important to the people and to honor their significance, fish, ravens, eagles, killer whales, etc."

I'm fine with that. We can do a fade here.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread