THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley's head tilted to one side and he scratched absently at his chin.

"That was... Um. Maybe. I did ask one question about why we all ended up in a movie theatre in 1968. I don't know if that has any bearing on this... But... When I asked about it, this Ananke said... now let me get the words... Time itself brings me forward to offer the word, but time knots itself to do so. In so doing, Time tests you."

Crowley hissed and winced, hand crawling up his face to rake his scalp, ruffling hair.

"At the time I just thought of it as a practical explanation of how the scene was staged and what we had to do to get back... home, I guess. Worked out a ritual spell, gently dissolving the snarl, or knot, in such a way that the time streams were damaged; I mean, we coulda just hacked through it, but I didn't want to fuck anything any when up, you know?"

"Now though, its got me thinking. Moving people - objects - uhm entities - back and forth through Time is major shit. So who is pulling the strings? We got some mythic ally or another bad guy to worry about?"

He threw a questioning glance at the Hierarch.

"Think we should take another look at the movie theatre? The portal's shut once we passed through. We came back by a different route."

C
    Casitive

Keybearer and Thearch, Hierarch of Sacramento

Normally,” Aquinas says with a dry-sense of humor, “I'd be peppering you with questions about the Ananke. I've never met one and it sounds like an adventure. Truth be told, you might be able to talk about time more than me. What does the Supernal want from any of us? How does the Supernal test us? It could be that.

A crack of a half smile crosses Aquinas' lips before it falls just as quickly. “Ananke are powerful beings, agents of the Supernal. I've heard they come with prophecy, usually portents of doom. It seems that's the case. At the moment? Probably just an ally. She didn't have tell us the Seers are turning their attention to us.” Licking his lips he moves left and right.

At the moment? We'd do better with dealing with the message, rather than the messenger.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley's gaze flickered as he looked over the Hierarch. A smile stretched at his lips, accepting the compliment.

"Thanks... And. OK. Fair enough." A pause. "Like, feel free to chat about my... ah... experience. I think i might be still processing it, anyway."

He stood, passively waiting for a moment.

"OK. What now?"

C
    Casitive

I'm sure you'll want to gather the Assembly, come up with solutions and ideas on how to secure ourselves. As well as how to seize what will become a power vacuum left behind when the Banishers are gone,” Aquinas tells Crowley, steely eyes settled on the Acanthus, “solutions and ideas that I'm sure will get to the Counselors.

Using his thumb to scratch the side of his mouth, Aquinas adds, “I'll need to gather my sentinels and Herald and have a pow-wow. From there, we'll come up with a plan of our own to present to the whole Consilium.

Shifting on his feet Aquinas adds, “The Consilium has to take stock. I doubt the Seers would be as content the Banishers were to remain on their little fiefdom of a campus.”

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"You are right there. The Servants of the Lie are too greedy and presumptuous to accept anything less than total dominion. Their arrogance is just..."

Crowley hissed and nodded, more to himself than anything else.

"Yeah. I'll talk things over with Emrys I'm sure. And definitely, we should shares thoughts and views through a Consilium meeting. We are all in this together and we should work out how to move forward on this. Together."

A conflicted look passed across his face.

"You heard that the Temoins de Sud made a foray into the University, right? That would found a cache?" Despite his misgivings he had to ensure some transparency. If his cabal were going to make a play for the... cache... as planned it would have to be soon.

Another thing to talk over.

"I guess we are about done here for the moment. We gotta talk to our respective peoples and set things up."

Crowley kept his attitude deferential in case the Hierarch had other thoughts he wished to share.

C
    Casitive

We have to move fairly quickly,” Aquinas warns, “they probably will not wait for us to be ready and I do not want us caught with our pants down. Guess we're all even more busy now, aren't we?

Pushing himself off of the wall, Aquinas adds, “Good luck, Crowley. I gotta get going.

If there's nothing else, we can close up this thread.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"I guess so." Crowley could only nod.

Good to wrap and bring this into Continuity.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread