A new perspective

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx chuckled at the distraction Flidais displayed once she couldn't quite remember the proper denomination of Christianity. It was made all the more amusing by the fact that, given the context, the specifics of the denomination didn't actually matter. She shook her head at the comment about it being lame, and offered the Shaman a reassuring smile. "Lame? No. Dangerous? I mean, maybe. If we can recognize the touch of the Supernal in these stories, so can our enemies, and it'll make us a target." It wasn't a terrible idea, just idealistic. And that didn't mean she thought they shouldn't ever do it. Maybe wait until the Banisher threat was dealt with, though. Keep it low-key, without drawing too much attention. And be cautious. But Flidais hadn't yet struck her as particularly careless, so she suspected the other woman had already factored that into her considerations.

"So, what is this story, exactly?"

"A lot can be disguised with the guide of neo-paganism or 'art'. The truth is reflected in almost all things, just obscured. Anyway the story involves two snakes and the virtues of practice and taking joy in honing your skills." Flidais said twirling a lock of Varyx's hair.

"But the story itself I may save for the day."
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx shrugged. She had no doubt that the Mysterium was capable of hiding the truth under the guise of neo-paganism. But that would only hide them from Sleepers. If a Banisher caught sight, though? Or a Seer? There was no reason to believe it would pass over their heads. But pursuing that particular line of thought wasn't important now. Maybe later, maybe if Flidais actually started pursuing this storytelling idea, it would be something to discuss. For now? This was just supposed to be pleasant conversation over drinks. Though, if the affectionate touches were any indication, the Shaman might be interested in more than just conversation.

Varyx chuckled at the comment about saving the story for another day, and shifted slightly so that she was facing Flidais more directly. "Oh I see. Keep some of it a surprise," she teased lightly.

This thread's been going for a month now. Shall we wrap it up soon?

"If I was cooler, I think the standard response to that would be..." Flidais swaps to a deeper stereotypical 'hard-boiled' accent. "I'm full of surprises." With a brief giggle at her own silliness she is back to her normal self and voice.

"I have one more thing to say, and then I will speak no more tonight on matters supernal. I think the Mysterium will be the hardest order for you, not because you won't fit but... With your people skills you will rise fast everywhere else, The Mysterium asks much but ultimately I think it is best for a mage's personal development and for magic on the whole. Flidais keeps her word and that is the last thing she says on the subject.

"So there is still some wine in the bottle, want another glass and we can move onto other topics?" Flidais tilts her head over towards the bottle sitting on the bench.

"I'm good to wrap
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx lifted one arched eyebrow at Flidais' I-promise-this-is-actually-the-last-comment-I'll-make-on-the-Mysterium. She studied the other woman's face for a long moment, trying to decide if this was honesty or manipulation. If it was the latter, she'd apparently misjudged the woman quite drastically, because it was a move far more studied than she would have expected. "That sounds like a challenge," the Warlock responded softly, a smirk gracing her lips.

But, true to her word, the Shaman moved on, offering her another glass of wine. Of course, she wasn't going to say no to that! "It would be a terrible shame to let such good wine go to waste. I suppose, if I must!" She was going for over-dramatic, but ended up breaking down into giggles shortly thereafter, and it completely ruined the effect.

Alright then! Consider the scene ended! Good one

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread